• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is free.

In fact for my Sg home loan is with CIMB (S) and I have the best rate and service compared to the other Sg bank.

My CIMB (M) is more for issuing cheques and the FD for MM2H. For account above RM $100 K, you are a preferred customer, no need to join queue. So far my experience with them has been good and they have lots of branches and ATM, also in KL. Super convenient with one branch in GP near home and work place.

Now that they have this new TT where they also allows you to link to your MY account where you can also pay/transfer to other bank through Internet is super convenient.

And every cheque that I issued they would call back and confirm before releasing the money. In this respect they are better than Sg bank.

CIMB the best. I changed at 2.55

Gladywin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did an internet transfer from my CIMB Singapore account to CIMB Malaysia account at 11am today (07/08/2013). The exchange rate was 2.5338.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today spot rate 2.56 & above..
Change it at Chinatown the max 2.50.. All say highest.. Clearing from their old stock & claimed that they lose $$
So that's the highest they can give (cash rate) :(

Last edited:

morpling

I just opened a CIMB saving account in sg. 3 days later I can do my TT to my My CIMB liao.

So exciting now.

I opened today at CIMB Raffles Place as well and can do TT immediately in the branch.
Rate is 2.5412 for SGD 50k and below or 2.5448 for SGD 50k and above.

There is SGD 30 fix charge + 0.125% from the TT amount.

With the charges it's still better compare to money changer that quote me 2.516 without fee if you transfer more than 20k SGD.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
paisei, my maths botherline..

For CIMB TT
1/8% commission (min S$10, max S$100) + agent fee (if applicable) + cable charges (flat rate of S$30)

what is the total charges pay to the bank?
if TT S$10,000 =
if TT S$50,000 =
if TT S$100,000 =

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
paisei, my maths botherline..

For CIMB TT
1/8% commission (min S$10, max S$100) + agent fee (if applicable) + cable charges (flat rate of S$30)

what is the total charges pay to the bank?
if TT S$10,000 =
if TT S$50,000 =
if TT S$100,000 =
you do TT like dat is very expensive , bro. either moneychanger TT (fixed charge, $8 or $10 per transaction) or as the others above have try, CIMB SG acct link to CIMB MY acct. I am considering to open a CIMB sg acc soon.

for your example should be ((1/8)/100)*10000 + 30 = 12.50+30 = at least 42.50.
You can ask the counter person to check the exchange rate given by msia side before you proceed with TT.
i already check the above (procedure) with OCBC. Is almost the same... friggin expensive.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
you do TT like dat is very expensive , bro. either moneychanger TT (fixed charge, $8 or $10 per transaction) or as the others above have try, CIMB SG acct link to CIMB MY acct. I am considering to open a CIMB sg acc soon.

for your example should be ((1/8)/100)*10000 + 30 = 12.50+30 = at least 42.50.
You can ask the counter person to check the exchange rate given by msia side before you proceed with TT.
i already check the above (procedure) with OCBC. Is almost the same... friggin expensive.

oh oic arigatou..need to open bank acct in sg and mys. si buay siong. :p

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have used CIMB for close to 3 years both SG (home loan) and MY (saving, current and FD) and no complaints in term of internet banking, ATM, issuing cheques and 3rd party and interbank transfer. Good bank.

Thanks for sharing your good experience with Cimb, I have opened the saving account in Cimb in Sg and Msia and just received the token yesterday and today made a transfer at 2.5338...the highest so far for me and I am very happy with the rate haha..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing your good experience with Cimb, I have opened the saving account in Cimb in Sg and Msia and just received the token yesterday and today made a transfer at 2.5338...the highest so far for me and I am very happy with the rate haha..

Song bird is chirping.. think worth the efforts to open cimb acct :biggrin:

Last edited:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,realised there are free oversea-Msia cash withdrawals via ATM for Maybank sg and Citibank sg account besides UOB sg account. May I know how are the rates as compared to CIMB TT? Saw from cari Chinese forum saying that UOB cash withdrawals is 2.541 in Msia yesterday If so, cash withdrawal is another good option for small sum.