• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
today very gd rate

Cash 2.5
TT @ Acrade : 2.508 for local accounts ie malaysians. If Singaporean 2.505 .
Have to pay service charge sgd10 , still worth it if u TT at least sgd5k above

a lot of ppl in acrade!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
For convenience, actually you can open a savings account in CIMB Singapore and in JB.
Then apply for internet banking on both sides and activate linkage to your accounts.
After this, you can transfer money from Singapore to and from Malaysia in an instant from your computer anytime, with no service charge.
Just did a transfer @2.5045.

archiou

For convenience, actually you can open a savings account in CIMB Singapore and in JB.
Then apply for internet banking on both sides and activate linkage to your accounts.
After this, you can transfer money from Singapore to and from Malaysia in an instant from your computer anytime, with no service charge.

Any amount can transfer? Or only applicable for premium customer?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

hee , i dun support BN's so n so whose set up CXXX bank . So i wont open acct .
Used to pump Pxxxxxxxx after i knew related to who , i will try to siam the kiosk. but BI too many of this brand , have to drive to perling....

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does CIMB has branches in citysquare mall?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
hee , i dun support BN's so n so whose set up CXXX bank . So i wont open acct .
Used to pump Pxxxxxxxx after i knew related to who , i will try to siam the kiosk. but BI too many of this brand , have to drive to perling....

Well, these things don't bother me.
I did it just for my convenience and after all, I'm not putting in a few million RM in the bank.
The best part is the internet transfer is immediate without having to wait like TT and can do it anytime 24/7.
And they also issue me with a debit card for local use.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, these things don't bother me.
I did it just for my convenience and after all, I'm not putting in a few million RM in the bank.
The best part is the internet transfer is immediate without having to wait like TT and can do it anytime 24/7.
And they also issue me with a debit card for local use.

just saw this from HH FB :

Daniel Dong

Dear friends, CIMB rate is 2.5045 today. I tried the 1st online transfer this morning. Guess what? the money deducted from my SGD account, i supposed to receive it in MY CIMB account immediately, but I did not receive it!! I called the customer service, they told me it was due to a technical error. Aiyao, bank also can have this kind of error... I thought my money was lost initially, very scary. Then they asked me to do a second try, the second try was success. The bank said they will refund me the SGD for the first failed transaction. I also understood from them that there were a few other customers also encountered this problem. Luckily their customer service officers are nice and helpful. Any friends from HH encountered this kind of issue before?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, "technical error" do happen anytime anywhere and to any bank.
Once, I make a withdrawal at a local ATM in SG, no cash came out but deduction to acct was shown on slip.
Called the bank and they need me to go to branch to show the slip and it took them ONE week to rectify and refund.
Anyway, if you are afraid of possible "technical error" in internet banking, then better stick to your money changer routine you are familiar with.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i do have a cimb bank in msia which i opened years ago .
Once i asked my guy friend to update my bank book in the counter , somehow , the teller withdrew all my money and didnt pass money to my friend at all.
luckily my guy friend was alert to find out the error and she immediately credit the amount back ..
once bitten , twice shy , i dun dare to put too much money in msia banks ....

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Snowbird, looks like a easy and convenient way to transfer money across. What are the minimum amounts required to open the CIMB account in SG and MY?

Only thing is CIMB has limited branches in Sg. But this may be an option to consider. Would you know if there are any charges to transfer money from DBS/Citibank Sg to CIMB SG?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIMB MY min to open savings acct. - RM1000 (that was almost 3 years ago, now not sure)
CIMB SG - above 500, like all other banks, no monthly service charge.
Limited branches in SG though, one in Raffles Place and the other in Orchard Rd, but then you only need to visit the branch once to open the acct. and activate internet banking at the same time.
It beats keep going to the money changer with cash and line up while you can also check the exchange rate online anytime before deciding to transfer.
As for internet transfer to and from own accounts between banks in SG, its free.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Called CIMB s'pore branch yesterday and was told that they can help you open a JB CIMB current account in S'pore. No need to put in any cash until you received a letter to confirm that the JB account is open. Only then you need to transfer M$1000 thru Internet banking. Save a lot of time and trouble. I will be trying it tomorrow.