• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mingchye,

With the cheque payment, can they TT large amount of money to a Singaporean account in Malaysia? We are due for our 9% soon and also the balance 90% in 3months. Base on our amount, It will take months for them to TT RM10K per day.. Anyone tried Demand Draft in RM?

Cheers

Eddy

Sorry etmusic, Crystal sis mentioned earlier that Raffles@JP no longer remit large amounts to Msian bank accounts owned by Foreigners. You may want to check with them what's the procedure now. I am a Malaysian so am not subjected to these restrictions.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dollar Exchange at JP still does TT. Just did mine at rate of 2.503 yesterday. Tried to move more than 10KRM, but was not allowed...

potato

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just exchanged at Sembawang shopping centre today during lunchtime - 242.5

I understand that if you are a preferred client in CIMB singapore, you can perform a remittance whereby the bank will quote you a FX rate normally minimal. 10-15bps. Eg, a transfer of $10,000 would incur a fx cost of arount $10. Transaction costs are waived too.

You may want to check it out. But first, you need to be their preferred customer.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE=etmusic;1174619

With the cheque payment, can they TT large amount of money to a Singaporean account in Malaysia? We are due for our 9% soon and also the balance 90% in 3months. Base on our amount, It will take months for them to TT RM10K per day.. Anyone tried Demand Draft in RM?

Hi etmusic

Why don't you just tt to the developer account,no limit.eg;RM50K/2.50 equal $20K,so just issue a cheque of $20k to them and ask them to tt to developer account which you have to provide the acc no and bank branch. I have tried before no issue with limit.

Cheers

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
If anyone is interested, there is a money changer in BukitIndah 2, somewhere in the centre of the row, with covered glass frontage, they are quoting 2.505 for ringgit exchange yesterday and today for SGD 1000 transaction while others are quoting 2.49 today.

etmusic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Keng Heng,

Unfortunately I bought it from a resale market. Maybe I can pay it through Tophills Realty, which is the agent's company. The initial 1% was to them too.

I just checked, Maybank rate to TT is 2.48. Can you tell me which bank offer 2.5? I just calculated and for large amount, the different is quite substantial. For me is close to SGD$6k.

Thank you Keng Heng.

Cheers

Eddy

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Keng Heng,

Unfortunately I bought it from a resale market. Maybe I can pay it through Tophills Realty, which is the agent's company. The initial 1% was to them too.

I just checked, Maybank rate to TT is 2.48. Can you tell me which bank offer 2.5? I just calculated and for large amount, the different is quite substantial. For me is close to SGD$6k.

Thank you Keng Heng.

Cheers

Eddy

If resale not advisable to pay through agent but the owner or your laywer.If owner is Malaysian than Just tt to him,I am sure he has a malaysian account,so no problem remitting big sum.Banks normally quote rate which are lower than money changers.I did mine at JC Money Changer, Add:221 Boon Lay Shopping Centre HP:91457488 look for Colin Chan.

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks ichin, I think can TT more than that amount at one time. But they will transacted RM9990 (as what you mentioned) per day.

Wah, your rep. points very high.

Ya, I did that before, they splited into 3 days. Not worth la, because the following two days RM drop so end up lugi a bit. So I report to them everyday now:biggrin:. Yesterday I remitted @ RM251.2. I like to look out for a lady by the name Wawa, she is very friendly. You know what I mean:cool:

I also don't know why the rep. points shoot up so fast:confused: What's that for ?

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rate is not bad yesterday, okay I will keep a lookout for this Wawa :wink:

Many people like your posts, so they increases your reputation points. Well Done!

Ya, I did that before, they splited into 3 days. Not worth la, because the following two days RM drop so end up lugi a bit. So I report to them everyday now:biggrin:. Yesterday I remitted @ RM251.2. I like to look out for a lady by the name Wawa, she is very friendly. You know what I mean:cool:

I also don't know why the rep. points shoot up so fast:confused: What's that for ?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mingchye,

Cheers

Eddy

I use Wealthgate@AMK.
Recently transferred RM150k to my own malaysian account.
Whole amount was in within 2 days. I noticed that cash is limited to 10k/day but cheque can be any amount.
But I really don't know how they operate because we cannot predict when they might use cheque to deposit at one go and when they might decide to go 10k/day ....

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use Wealthgate@AMK.
Recently transferred RM150k to my own malaysian account.
Whole amount was in within 2 days. I noticed that cash is limited to 10k/day but cheque can be any amount.
But I really don't know how they operate because we cannot predict when they might use cheque to deposit at one go and when they might decide to go 10k/day ....

Hi bro, what was the TT rate at Wealthgate@AMK?
Any admin charges?
Any other places you'd recommend? Thanks!!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
$10/transaction.

If amount is too big, they will split into 2 transaction and u have to pay $20

Yes $10/transaction.
For RM150k, I still paid $10.

No point to tell you the rate I changed at as it varies day by day.
But it is better than money changer's rate and convenient location for me.