• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I managed to TT at 2.485 and cash at 2.4722 today. Quite a no. of changer had no stock in the morning. It became available at noontime at 2.462 (cash)
wow , rate is better than me , i changed 4 figures in Acrade , only246.50 as a few counters no stock for rm liao ...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to use Derivative( dual currency) account as conversion rate is abv 2.50 ( spot price) now. Also meanwhile we can earn interest on the SGD deposit before it converts.Interest rate depends on our 'strike' price , can eb as high as 8%. I dont have all the info as my friend newly introduced me to this. I need to convert a large sum so I think this method may be useful. I am not sure yet about the extra charges like TT by the bank over here, is it typical TT rate or higher. Will share when I know more.
If anyone knows more, please share as other Bros & Sis may also benefit from this. UOB, Stanchart in Malaysia offer this if you want to find out more.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Place a FD with UOB at 3.75%.
Rate 2.482.

Note: I bank in the cheque on Tuesday in Johor Bahru. Cleared Thursday. FD done on Friday.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know when the promotion ends? Any minimum sum, eg like RM200k? I bought some with RHB at 3.88% during Chinese new year.
Rate 2.482.

Note: I bank in the cheque on Tuesday in Johor Bahru. Cleared Thursday. FD done on Friday.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rate 2.482.

For wealth banking customer is 3.75 % as compared to normal bank customer which is 3.7%.

Anyway it is better than CIMB which gives only 3.1%. Looking to do a switch soon.

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the service charge? The fee list says RM25 for handling SGD cheques.

I tried a new method of converting Singapore dollar to Ringgit.

SGD cheque bank into UOB City Sq JB branch. (By hand. To Wealth Banking Officer)

Wednesday bank in cleared on Friday.

Cheque cleared and converted at 2.463

Last edited: