• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
But for non malaysian, it does not make too much differences if u TT or cash exchange. We need to pay commission fee of $10 if TT with cap of Rm9990 and workout the sum is the about the same to cash exchange. However, TT is safer as in no need to bring a huge amount of cash into Msia but troublesome to do so for many times. Can,t have best of both world lol.

Remittance rate is better than cash rate ...somehow.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jade Apple, you're referring to ordinary money changer service (cash change), and not remittance service (money transfer service) into M'sia, right? Coz' if it's remittance/transfer service, i must say WOW - I also want that rate!

Hi Jetstream, you might want to read the whole thread or at least do a search for remittance. Both Dollar Exchange and Raffles Money Changer has been mentioned a few times. It's SGD cash direct transfer into a Msian bank account, after 1 working day.

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use the below service by TT a lump sum of $30,000 or more.

Their rate is not fantastic. Example; if you can get 2.50 from money changer; you probably get only 2.477 from WU Biz solutions.

I may sound dumb using them and losing some money on the spread. But the main reason I am using them is to avoid money laundry charges if amount are hugh.

Western Union Business Solutions
77 Robinson Road #35-01 Robinson 77 Singapore 068896.
Phone +65 6494 8289
Fax +65 6494 8295

Thank you so much for the info :smile:

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their minimum TT is SGD30,000 without limit on maximum. (no RM10,000 limit per day)
TT will take 2 days to credit.
You can issue them a cheque. (Monday issue cheque; Tuesday cleared; Thursday credited)
Please bring along a copy of S&P for their filing.
You only need to go there once personally. Second time onward you can credit their bank account.

Hi shctaw,my s&p is not ready. will they accept other proof of purchase ie OTP ??Thanks

Inception

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their minimum TT is SGD30,000 without limit on maximum. (no RM10,000 limit per day)
TT will take 2 days to credit.
You can issue them a cheque. (Monday issue cheque; Tuesday cleared; Thursday credited)
Please bring along a copy of S&P for their filing.
You only need to go there once personally. Second time onward you can credit their bank account.

Hi shctaw,

TTing from a money changer to a Malaysian's bank account (e.g. Malaysian developer's account) has no RM10,000 limit. I have TTed in excess of RM300,000 in one shot with no problem.

TTing from a money changer to a Singaporean's bank account has a limit of RM10,000 per week.

In this particular case, a money changer offers 2.5 and Western Union offers 2.47. You will save 1.2% of your TT amount if you use a money changer instead of your recommended remittance company. You can also issue the money changer a cheque or do a funds transfer to the money changer's bank account. The money changer does not need to see your S&P, they just need to copy your NRIC/passport to comply with MAS regulations. Accordingly, I see no advantage with using the remittance company which you recommended.

If you are not concerned about saving money on spread/commissions, then I suggest you perform the TT through UOB, OCBC or DBS internet banking. I have tried it before and you don't even need to get out of your seat.

Sorry to disagree with you - but just wish to clarify for the benefit of first timers! :wink:

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi shctaw,

TTing from a money changer to a Malaysian's bank account (e.g. Malaysian developer's account) has no RM10,000 limit. I have TTed in excess of RM300,000 in one shot with no problem.

TTing from a money changer to a Singaporean's bank account has a limit of RM10,000 per week.

In this particular case, a money changer offers 2.5 and Western Union offers 2.47. You will save 1.2% of your TT amount if you use a money changer instead of your recommended remittance company. You can also issue the money changer a cheque or do a funds transfer to the money changer's bank account. The money changer does not need to see your S&P, they just need to copy your NRIC/passport to comply with MAS regulations. Accordingly, I see no advantage with using the remittance company which you recommended.

If you are not concerned about saving money on spread/commissions, then I suggest you perform the TT through UOB, OCBC or DBS internet banking. I have tried it before and you don't even need to get out of your seat.

Sorry to disagree with you - but just wish to clarify for the benefit of first timers! :wink:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jetstream,

I went to money changer in Jurong Point, Dollar Exchange and remitted money to my Malaysia bank account . But since I am Singaporean , maximum amount allowed is rm 9990 and with S$10 commission .

For Malaysians, they can remit more that rm 10k and once is more than 10k, no commission charged .

Hi Jetstream, you might want to read the whole thread or at least do a search for remittance. Both Dollar Exchange and Raffles Money Changer has been mentioned a few times. It's SGD cash direct transfer into a Msian bank account, after 1 working day.

Thanks, jadeapple and vincentck for those pointers.

Given the more favourable rates compared to banks, I suppose there's some higher risk associated with using these remittance companies, but does any one know what's the risk level like, if indeed considered riskier?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, jadeapple and vincentck for those pointers.

Given the more favourable rates compared to banks, I suppose there's some higher risk associated with using these remittance companies, but does any one know what's the risk level like, if indeed considered riskier?

I find it risk-free. I go to JP and withdraw from the ATM; then walk to Raffles MC to TT the money. The converted amount is deposited into my bank account in the next 1-2 working days. Raffles MC is established, making them more trusted than other MCs.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it risk-free. I go to JP and withdraw from the ATM; then walk to Raffles MC to TT the money. The converted amount is deposited into my bank account in the next 1-2 working days. Raffles MC is established, making them more trusted than other MCs.

I went to check with Raffles for the TT last few months. They do not do for Singaporean even when I have Malaysian bank account . Don't know why?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to check with Raffles for the TT last few months. They do not do for Singaporean even when I have Malaysian bank account . Don't know why?

JA, yesterday i remitted RM10K to my msian a/c. I am a sporean.

Rate was 2.4968. In total I paid S$4015/- (including S$10 comm).