• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw the news saying ringgit might go down to 1sg = rm 3 in next ten years!

That means those invested in MY got stucked .... If they want to give up everything here and buy BTO then the exchange rate will be a lost to whoever!
Must give up MY house then can afford to buy BTO flat so jialet??

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying a house is a big ticket item. If you move in and move and out, it's going to cost you a lot of expenses, not only exchange rate loss. Unless of course if you factored in everything, you don't incur a loss. It's good that you have experienced yr stay in JB, even for a short while. Well I haven't had the chance yet.
Since you oready bought the house, just leave it for week-end house, or for rental income. If you are S'porean, best to have a HQ base in Sg, be it for yr own use or for children. So long as PAP remains in power, Sg will still be good but of course expensive. If later on got major political changes, can move over again. At least you have a choice, better off than some people.

Saw the news saying ringgit might go down to 1sg = rm 3 in next ten years!

That means those invested in MY got stucked .... If they want to give up everything here and buy BTO then the exchange rate will be a lost to whoever!

I was thinking to buy a BTO because my kids schooling problems.... Now really kana stucked! Got to sacrifice abit if so....
In MY not much friends... All in SG... Sometimes feel quite lonely. Most ppl in MY scare of each other backstap or do something bad. I found living in MY not as good as SG. Anyone can suggest whether its a good idea to move back to SG?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks for replying....

Wondering how they can know we got property overseas? So unfair ! Those already have flats can buy overseas. Those got props overseas cannot buy flats. Under HDB rules got a clause that one can write in. It's better if can keep all props! If no choice will rent.

Govt put the onus on Singaporeans to declare private property ownership, with consequences if found to give false declaration. Depends on your risk threshold I suppose.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must give up MY house then can afford to buy BTO flat so jialet??

Sadly this is so, though I don't agree with the rationale. Each country is different but HDB seems to think that all private properties are like Singapore, that if you can own a property overseas therefore you must be loaded enough to bypass HDB. But truth is, many overseas private properties are only a fraction of what it would cost for a similar unit in Singapore. And why should an overseas property in a country like Australia or US prevent a Singaporean from buying HDB for staying in Singapore?

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks for replying....

Wondering how they can know we got property overseas? So unfair ! Those already have flats can buy overseas. Those got props overseas cannot buy flats. Under HDB rules got a clause that one can write in. It's better if can keep all props! If no choice will rent.

I know one can write in if your overseas property is "inherited" to seek for waiver, if you call HDB, they will tell you this is however subject to case by case basis. In most cases, HDB will advice most of the private property/overseas property owner to get their HDB unit from open market. For Children education, in my personal view, I would still prefer them to have it in SG - at least it is bi-lingual. :smile:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot understand why our Garment has this kind of ruling. On one hand, every business is going global, on the other hand, they are restricting her citizens (true blue singaporeans) from buyng overseas properties. Don't you think they are like kind of preventing us from being adventurous and growing rich out of Sg territory. After all, we the property investors will not blame them, unlike some silly scam investments which are allowed to sell and operate in Sg. and the amount lose can be greater than some M'sian properties. Maybe the answer lies in all the ministers never need to stay HDB.

Thks for replying....