• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-Commando dying, no one helped. Because he was an Indian?

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > ST Forum > Story
Friend dying, yet no one stopped to help

I AM writing about the death of my friend, Mr Rattan Singh Sandhu, on March 28. He was a kind and helpful person and had served the Singapore Armed Forces commando battalion for more than 30 years. More than 600 people attended his funeral. He was enjoying an evening walk near his home in Choa Chu Kang when he had a heart attack. Even while in pain, he managed to dial 999 on his cellphone. It was around 7.19pm. The location where he was fighting for his life was near an eatery. People just walked by and no one stopped to ask him if he was all right.

At about 7.55pm, Mr Rattan Singh dialled his son's number. Minutes later, his son arrived at the scene, but the ambulance had not. His son hailed a taxi to take his father to the nearest clinic.

On the way there, the cabby spotted the ambulance. He got the attention of the ambulance driver, and Mr Rattan Singh was taken the nearest hospital, but he did not survive. He was 53.

The circumstances surrounding his death compelled me to write this letter. I am troubled by the fact that nobody came to his aid.

We always pride ourselves on being a caring society. But when a fellow Singaporean was fighting for his life, did we stop to offer a helping hand? We are quick to donate when a calamity happens at home and abroad, but when a fellow Singaporean was in trouble, did we just look the other way?

K.T.S. Sivam

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... We always pride ourselves on being a caring society. ...
tis 1 ... tok oni ...

say care on 1 hand ... on another, raise prices, lower ur wages ... make u suffer ...

... We always pride ourselves on being a caring society. But when a fellow Singaporean was fighting for his life, did we stop to offer a helping hand? We are quick to donate when a calamity happens at home and abroad, but when a fellow Singaporean was in trouble, did we just look the other way? ...
gahmen lidat 1 wat ...

donate 2 other cuntries ... squeez n suffocate local lesser mortals ...

blame ze gahmen la ...

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it certainly would not help if you were a Singh.

That should not have been the consideration to factor in, in the decision to lend a helping hand or not.. I'll help even if it was a PAP dog although I'll spit in his face after I've stabilised him!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Help, no one wants to help . But funeral everyone wants to go ... 600 strong !

Everyone wants to eat at the reception !

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 of the reasons y people don't wanna be a busybody and/or wanna get entangled in emergencies is simple. watch & learn

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhHVucjEoJs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhHVucjEoJs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racist dogs of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan, BEGONE. What has this got to do with him being an Indian? Government should arrest CSJ under the ISA for encouraging his followers to incite racist sentiments.

Home > ST Forum > Story

I AM writing about the death of my friend, Mr Rattan Singh Sandhu, on March 28. He was a kind and helpful person and had served the Singapore Armed Forces commando battalion for more than 30 years. More than 600 people attended his funeral. He was enjoying an evening walk near his home in Choa Chu Kang when he had a heart attack. Even while in pain, he managed to dial 999 on his cellphone. It was around 7.19pm. The location where he was fighting for his life was near an eatery. People just walked by and no one stopped to ask him if he was all right.

At about 7.55pm, Mr Rattan Singh dialled his son's number. Minutes later, his son arrived at the scene, but the ambulance had not. His son hailed a taxi to take his father to the nearest clinic.

On the way there, the cabby spotted the ambulance. He got the attention of the ambulance driver, and Mr Rattan Singh was taken the nearest hospital, but he did not survive. He was 53.

The circumstances surrounding his death compelled me to write this letter. I am troubled by the fact that nobody came to his aid.

We always pride ourselves on being a caring society. But when a fellow Singaporean was fighting for his life, did we stop to offer a helping hand? We are quick to donate when a calamity happens at home and abroad, but when a fellow Singaporean was in trouble, did we just look the other way?

K.T.S. Sivam

Last edited:

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 of the reasons y people don't wanna be a busybody and/or wanna get entangled in emergencies is simple. watch & learn

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhHVucjEoJs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhHVucjEoJs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Ask local ad agencies to beat that! First it brings tears to your eyes, than laughter and embarrassment.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask local ad agencies to beat that! First it brings tears to your eyes, than laughter and embarrassment.
well, thats 1 thing i've enjoyed about thai adverts, corny, but they get the message across...... deeply etched in your memory too.

sg commercials, ya right........ u watch them several times a day, yet u forget them the very next moment. u go "erm, what ad was that again? was it a slimming thing, or was it about some holiday getaway thing?"

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
so, if someone walking near me falls down, i'm EXPECTED to go to his aid?
why should I?
because some idiot(s) think that SG is "caring" society?
because that guy who dropped dead was an ex-SAF commando?
because that guy who dropped dead was a kind and caring person (how the hell would I know that he did not tekan others like a bastard at some point of his life, hence his own short life is a consequence?)?

such naivety.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
this society we live in is rather vicious. u help, but they turn around to say u molest/ outrage their modesty while unconscious etc.

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
something seems amiss - did he actually looked as if he was in need of help?

if he can still call the ambulance and his son, it would seem that he was still conscious, and other people may no know know that he was unwell

i'm sure if he had asked for help, someone would respond, Indian or no Indian

i've personally encountered 2 situations involving Indians:

1. one indian was lying down near my blk's playground, seems to be unconscious. me and another person shook him and ask if he was alright. turned out he was drunk and fell asleep there

2. i was walking towards a overhead bridge, saw one indan coming down the stairs with difficulty, looks as if he may fall. so i wanted to approach him and help, but as i was nearing him, he started scolding vulgarities (something along the line of "Chinese bastards") and even gave me the :oIo: my guess was that he was intoxicated

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is unfortunate the man died but there is nothing unusual or exceptional about the circumstances to suggest racial prejudice..so stop being a cunt trying to stir up racial feelings. You 're a fucking Indian or what?

SAMURAISAN

Alfrescian
Loyal
If an Indian was lying on the ground in need of mouth to mouth recusitation would you oblige him? It's not racial - brudders- just the fucking smell.

Z

Zombie

The last time someone jumped into the Singapore River(?) to save a woman and got cut, was asked to pay $$ at the hospital for treatment.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
singys are like that. selfish, act blur, say no time. karma will befall on these ppl. wait, karma already here, we have the pap gahment

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is one of the most selfish place on earth.
To each his own, that's the philosophy.

You cannot actually blame the people, for the government & the educational system they promotes produces, selfish, money-faced, thoughtless people in large numbers. There are many polite, etc..but that is a minority & these people were most likely educated from the 1950's to the 1970's.

:mad:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > ST Forum > Story

K.T.S. Sivam

I 100% agree with his last point that bleeding-heart Singaporeans empty their pockets to foreign causes, or to build mega-churches, but disappear into the darkness when a fellow citizen is down.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who say no help, I help what.

When i was back in Singapore last year November, Indian lady was struck by motorbike ridden by indian in woodland area, the indian lady daughter or granddaughter only know how to cries why her mother or grandma was lying on the road, i ask the granny not to move and call ambulance for her and was beside her till ambulance arrive.

My brother in law help the biker.

There are a number of indians standing around watching none come forward and help, doesn't even want to help translate , like asking her not move.

Helping other come from within you don't need to ask, i did not hang around once i have told the para medic what happen.