• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Evidence that Ho Ching running for President?

Karht Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think she's running for president. Btw, has anyone seen this vid?
[video=youtube;12LsqShmy_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12LsqShmy_Q&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The amendment conferred on the President certain executive functions to block attempts by the government of the day to draw down past reserves that it did not accumulate. Thus, a guarantee may only be given or a loan raised by the Government if the President concurs, and his approval is also needed for budgets of specified statutory boards and Government companies that draw on their past reserves. The President also possesses personal discretion to withhold assent to any bill in Parliament providing directly or indirectly for the direct or indirect variation, changing or increase in powers of the Central Provident Fund Board to invest moneys belonging to it; and the borrowing of money, the giving of any guarantee or the raising of any loan by the Government if in the President's opinion the bill is likely to draw on reserves not accumulated by the Government during its current term of office. In addition, the President may withhold assent to any Supply Bill, Supplementary Supply Bill or Final Supply Bill for any financial year if in his opinion the estimates of revenue and expenditure, supplementary estimates or statement of excess are likely to lead to a drawing on past reserves.

As these are the powers granted to the President, it makes a lot of sense why the PAP is in a flap.

It is also understandable why the deep cover forumers will want to sway the opinion from the leading horse to a more manageable one. A slower horse which its own candidate can race neck to neck.

Btw, the scope does not directly specify if the President is entitled to ask what are the components of the reserves. Also it seems that the President is not entitled to block any bill if that bill uses reserves accumulated by the proposing party. He can however query on the expenditure components. Nonetheless it is good to have a counter-party in the President. For example, if the WP owns the Parliament, I will vote for Eric Tan as President. Never mind if Eric Tan is ex-WP.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
She isn't very popular is she? No confirm win

Since when had the presidency been elected by sinki peasants?

OTC - General public would have gladly voted him in if indeed there was any fit competition
Prataman - Seems to be the only one registering for the presidency on first round & second round was just walkover again

WHAT ELECTION of PRESIDENCY?

SINKIES PLEASE WAKE UP YOUR BLOODY IDEA!!!!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If she runs for President, I will chop off my heads- both of them.

Bro, don't be so harsh with your own heads. I will just shave all the hairs on my heads at Speaker Corner and reserve my other head to shaft into her mouth.