• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ever wonder why our fresh milk are lasting longer nowadays..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remembered not too long ago when a pack of Magnolia fresh milk bought off the shelf can last for
up to a max of 4-5days as printed on the consumed-by dates.Now it's like 3 weeks from the date
of purchase ! ! :eek:
Something smells it's not right to me..are they adding some preservatives or chemicals to enhance the
shelf life of whats' perceived as 'fresh milk' ?..:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That Cow got milk meh ?...:eek::smile:

If you know how to milk...ha ha ha, that you have to ask "lo la" or "c c liar".. ha ha ha.

Fresh Milk last longer most likely due to Homegenize? Pasturize? & whatever approved food additives they put it!, if you have noticed, Magnolia Fresh Milk does not have the usual "fresh milk" taste any more.. it has a stranger taste & different brand of Fresh Milk, taste different too..unlike before..they just taste like fresh milk.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, better don't consume too much " fresh milk "....MILK is toxic to the body....

The only milk that we human beings can safely consume is breast milk.

wathecrap

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Here, read this but take it with a pinch of salt ( figuratively please ! )

Milk Causes Osteoporosis

The American dairy association will put up a fuss about this research that we in the Alternative Health field have preached for years: milk causes osteoporosis (and a lot of other problems, too, but right now we'll talk about bone loss).
Because some of you won't go to the link either because it's too much trouble or it so disturbs your paradigm that you want to ignore it, I'm including the full text here:
Dairy milk is singled out as the biggest dietary cause of osteoporosis because more than any other food it depletes the finite reserve of bone-making cells in the body.
So although milk makes bones stronger in the short term, in the long term it erodes bone-making cells, increasing the risk of osteoporosis. This explains a paradox: black people are known to be less tolerant to lactose in milk, and consequently they drink less milk, yet they get much less osteoporosis than white people. This new research resolves the paradox because by consuming less milk you are less likely to get osteoporosis.
Growing evidence is showing that calcium in milk does not protect against osteoporosis. For example in a 12-year Harvard study of 78,000 women, those who drank milk three times a day actually broke more bones than women who rarely drank milk. Similarly, a 1994 study in Sydney, Australia, showed that higher dairy product consumption was associated with increased fracture risk: those with the highest dairy consumption had double the risk of hip fracture compared to those with the lowest consumption.
Author Russell Eaton says: 'Dairy milk does increase bone density, but this comes at a terrible price. The latest research is showing that far from protecting bones, milk actually increases the risk of osteoporosis by eroding bone-making cells. Also, people with osteoporosis have a much higher incidence of heart disease and cancer, and the evidence is pointing at milk as the common factor. '
It had been thought that prostate cancer was caused by harmful fats in the diet, but this may not be so. Calcium and phosphorus in milk serve to feed nanobacteria, causing calcification and cancer.
It seems that harmful calcification, caused by nanobacteria in the body, is at the root of many diseases such as arthritis, kidney stones, heart disease and stroke. These microscopic organisms get fed calcium and phosphorus from the bloodstream and then secrete calcium phosphate to cause calcification. In the book The Milk Imperative the author shows how dairy milk feeds nanobacteria, thus causing many serious diseases.
Commenting on the book Dr. Amy Lanou (Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, USA) said: 'There is a compelling argument that today's pasteurized milk, in all its guises, has virtually no redeeming features at all, and serves only to cause disease and poor health. By simply switching from dairy to non-dairy milk we will make a dramatic and long-lasting improvement to our health.'

Dr. Melissa Location:Houston, Texas, United States

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@bro wathecrap; i am so surprised by that report, i thought all along milk is good for strong bones etcc..
What damning report is this; siao liao..:eek:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remembered not too long ago when a pack of Magnolia fresh milk bought off the shelf can last for
up to a max of 4-5days as printed on the consumed-by dates.Now it's like 3 weeks from the date
of purchase ! ! :eek:
Something smells it's not right to me..are they adding some preservatives or chemicals to enhance the
shelf life of whats' perceived as 'fresh milk' ?..:confused:

I am not sure about the milk sold in Singapore, but for us in Toronto, milk sold in the grocery store are of 2 main types:
1. similar to what you referred to as "fresh milk" (skim, 1%, 2% and homogenized) has a best before date of 10 to 14 days;
2. fine filtered milk (which taste like real milk, and once you tried this filtered milk, you will never drink "ordinary" / :fresh milk" again) [also available in skim, 1%, 2%, homogenized, and chocolate] has a best before date of up to 4 weeks, and indeed will not go bad.

In Toronto, a 4 litre bag (with 3 bags in it) of "fresh milk" is about Cdn $4.30 to $6.00, whereas fine filtered milk is about C$6.50 to $7.50,
but when it is on sale, filtered milk could be as low as Cdn$4.00.
Whereas if you buy a litre carton, it is about Cdn$2.60 to $3.00.

wathecrap

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@bro wathecrap; i am so surprised by that report, i thought all along milk is good for strong bones etcc..

Yes the report does cast a shadow on milk consumption , but as I've qualified, please do not take this as Gospel truth. Fortunately or unfortunately I do not have to bother with the benefits , dangers or cost of milk as I am lactose intolerant. As always moderation is the best way to go.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not sure about the milk sold in Singapore, but for us in Toronto, milk sold in the grocery store are of 2 main types:
1. similar to what you referred to as "fresh milk" (skim, 1%, 2% and homogenized) has a best before date of 10 to 14 days;
2. fine filtered milk (which taste like real milk, and once you tried this filtered milk, you will never drink "ordinary" / :fresh milk" again) [also available in skim, 1%, 2%, homogenized, and chocolate] has a best before date of up to 4 weeks, and indeed will not go bad.

In Toronto, a 4 litre bag (with 3 bags in it) of "fresh milk" is about Cdn $4.30 to $6.00, whereas fine filtered milk is about C$6.50 to $7.50,
but when it is on sale, filtered milk could be as low as Cdn$4.00.
Whereas if you buy a litre carton, it is about Cdn$2.60 to $3.00.
Thanks for your input here bro..but my main bone of contention is; how are the milks' manufacturers able to lenghten the sell-by date of our so-called 'fresh milk'..:cool:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may have something to do with cleaner milking environment, so the milk is packed with very little or no bacteria, hence can last longer.

I read somewhere that someone invented a machine to kill all the spores and bacteria in bread, and can potentially make bread last for weeks without fungus growth.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes the report does cast a shadow on milk consumption , but as I've qualified, please do not take this as Gospel truth. Fortunately or unfortunately I do not have to bother with the benefits , dangers or cost of milk as I am lactose intolerant. As always moderation is the best way to go.

Thank you Bro wathecrap. There are many other reports on the adverse effects of MILK and these reports are never published to safeguard the multi billion dollar industry.

Less milk consumption in China is one of the reasons why breast cancer is not a major killer in such a massive population....of course there're many other reasons...

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is lactose free milk.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use to take a lot of milk and ended up with gall stones.
Don't take fresh milk. Take more vegetables.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for your input here bro..but my main bone of contention is; how are the milks' manufacturers able to lenghten the sell-by date of our so-called 'fresh milk'..:cool:

remove or filter the bacteria, and ship it to the retailers ASAP

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro , that's why my humble advice...don't believe in drinking too much milk....I've stopped consuming milk many many years ago...with no regrets.