• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Europe’s Natural Gas Prices Surge 10% To Fresh Record Highs

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural...as-Prices-Surge-10-To-Fresh-Record-Highs.html

Natural gas prices have been in the doldrums for many years since 2015 if I remember correctly. All this bravado talk about lowering emissions going green and what not. In the end still using natural gas to heat homes. Need non renewable energy still. Will be interesting to see how it affects Europe this winter.

Europe’s Natural Gas Prices Surge 10% To Fresh Record Highs​

By Tsvetana Paraskova - Sep 28, 2021, 12:00 PM CDT
  • The front-month Dutch TTF Gas Futures, the benchmark for European gas, have jumped to €85/MWh
  • Falling temperatures in the UK and in parts of the rest of Europe, as well as falling supply from Russia via the Yamal-Europe, pushed gas prices higher on Tuesday

The benchmark natural gas prices in the UK and Europe jumped by another 10 percent to fresh record highs on Tuesday as energy commodities rally amid multi-year-low European gas inventories ahead of the winter season.

The front-month Dutch TTF Gas Futures, the benchmark for European gas, have jumped to €85/MWh, up from €76.875/MWh on Monday afternoon, pushed higher in part by the contract rolling off this week.

Price at the UK National Balancing Point (NBP) virtual trading point reached another record high.

The Q4 UK price rose by 16.30 pence to 213.00 pence per therm, its highest level on record, according to Reuters estimates.

Falling temperatures in the UK and in parts of the rest of Europe, as well as falling supply from Russia via the Yamal-Europe, pushed gas prices higher on Tuesday.

Grid operator Gascade said that natural gas supply through the pipeline more than halved on Tuesday from Monday, but Russian giant Gazprom told Reuters that the supply drop was “a temporary situation, related to (gas supply) requests by a client. Requests are fully meet.”

The EU carbon contract also hit a record high on Tuesday at 65.30 euros ($76.30) per ton.

“To put the current elevated prices in Europe into perspective, the price of Dutch TTF first month gas has risen to near €85/MWh or $29/MMBtu or more than five times higher than the average seen during the previous five years,” Ole Hansen, Head of Commodity Strategy at Saxo Bank, said in a note on Tuesday.

The tight gas market has resulted in increased coal use for power generation, pushing up the price of coal delivered at Rotterdam to a multi-year high at $155/ton, or two times the average, Hansen added. The energy crunch is also raising the price of the carbon allowances in EU’s Emissions Trading System to four times the average price of the past five years, he said.

“Without a response from producers, the only other option is for prices to reach levels that triggers demand destruction. A development that may come at a heavy price given the risk to global growth, inflation and stock price valuations,” Hansen noted.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
we all know who that single “client” is. prc playing punk.

Anyway I have locked in fixed rate for natural gas for all my properties and business.

For years the floating rate was the better option until this year. We never look at it, but I saw some surges in Feb and March 2021.

before winter hits better lock in.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway I have locked in fixed rate for natural gas for all my properties and business.

For years the floating rate was the better option until this year. We never look at it, but I saw some surges in Feb and March 2021.

before winter hits better lock in.
yup, i also opt for fixed rate, although it’s slightly higher than “flex hours” rate during off-peak hours. the state is in cahoots with pg&e, the monopoly provider of gas and electricity in most counties across the state. both advertise heavily on tv and radio to urge customers to sign up for the “flex rate” plan, where rates go down outside of 4pm to 9pm (peak hours). from 4pm to 9pm, the state encourages users to use less gas and electricity and shut off any appliances if they are not needed for basic subsistence. pg&e persuades customers to sign up for “flex hours” as they can charge higher rates if energy services are over-subscribed during peak hours. “higher” rates also mean surge pricing, like that in texas where a month’s household bill can surge to $6.9k when everybody is stuck at home and uses either ac or heater at full blast all day. whenever the state and pg&e are in alignment, stay out of it. it’s a scam.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Natural gas prices have been in the doldrums for many years since 2015 if I remember correctly. All this bravado talk about lowering emissions going green and what not. In the end still using natural gas to heat homes. Need non renewable energy still. Will be interesting to see how it affects Europe this winter.

Going 'green', being anti-carbon, pimping 'renewable' energy and joining the sustainability cult only enriches certain people. Nothing to do with saving the planet, it's just cash grab.

The enemy has already told you of their plans, but most people are just too distracted to understand this:

sustainable.png

https://sdgs.un.org/2030agenda

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are fucked. Expect higher electricity bills. With HBL and WFH you will consume more power and PAP is laughing to the bank.