• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Entering SG, which passport to use if ......

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming to SG to ICA for renunciation.

Should I enter SG using Other passport? I heard that if you enter using SG passport, when you renounce , you still have to exit and re-enter using Other passport.

Is this correct ?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming to SG to ICA for renunciation.

Should I enter SG using Other passport? I heard that if you enter using SG passport, when you renounce , you still have to exit and re-enter using Other passport.

Is this correct ?

1) Exit Australia with Australian Passport
2) Enter Singapore with Singapore Passport
3) Exit Singapore with Singapore Passport
4) Enter Australia with Australian Passport

You would need to fill up the white embarkation card...allows max stay of 90 days for Australian passport.

It is an "offence" not to use the Australian passport if you are an Austrlain when you leave any Australian port because of Centrelink issues. Centrelink needs to track your presence or absence from Australia if you qualify for any benefits from them.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Exit Australia with Australian Passport
2) Enter Singapore with Singapore Passport
3) Exit Singapore with Singapore Passport
4) Enter Australia with Australian Passport

You would need to fill up the white embarkation card...allows max stay of 90 days for Australian passport.

It is an "offence" not to use the Australian passport if you are an Austrlain when you leave any Australian port because of Centrelink issues. Centrelink needs to track your presence or absence from Australia if you qualify for any benefits from them.

Hi Bobby , appreciate your reply.

I am coming into SG to hand in my passport and NRIC as part of the renunciation procedure.

I will not have the SG passport when I leave. Hence why I was thinking of using the other passport to enter SG as entry and exit from SG would then be properly accounted for.

What is your opinion ?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bobby , appreciate your reply.

I am coming into SG to hand in my passport and NRIC as part of the renunciation procedure.

I will not have the SG passport when I leave. Hence why I was thinking of using the other passport to enter SG as entry and exit from SG would then be properly accounted for.

What is your opinion ?

Sure go ahead and use the Australian passport all the way...just don't forget the fill up the white embarkation card on board.

On the way to the immigration, pick up a few of the white embarkation cards from the counters and keep them handy for your next trip to Singapore. Always a pain to fill these on board.

Without fail, the ICA officer will look at your differently when you use your Aussie passport.

Good luck and bon voyage.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
There’s even now an electronic arrival card (beta) to facilitate arrival. Even though this is still on a trial basis, all visitors will be able to submit the electronic arrival cards except for those arriving via cruise liners.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
When I did my renounciation my SG passport had expired already.

When I came back to sinkieland I entered using my Canadian Passport. In fact the whole family including my sons also used Canadian passports.

The ICA people didnt say anything AT ALL.

So you can just use your new country passport in and out.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I did my renounciation my SG passport had expired already.

When I came back to sinkieland I entered using my Canadian Passport. In fact the whole family including my sons also used Canadian passports.

The ICA people didnt say anything AT ALL.

So you can just use your new country passport in and out.

Did the ICA Officer ask you whether you have more than one passport?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's all here in the sg statutes. chapter 133, part ii entry into and departure from sg, section 5a. but if your sg passport has already sexpired, can use new passport from your new cuntry. if it has not sexpired and still valid as an sg passport (meaning you're still a sinkie shitizen), it's better to use your sg passport upon entering sg to avoid contravening 5A(1)(a).

Person entering or leaving Singapore to produce passport, etc.
5A.—(1) Subject to subsection (2), every person, whether a citizen of Singapore or a non-citizen, who is arriving in Singapore (by air, sea or land) from a place outside Singapore, or is leaving Singapore (by air, sea or land) to a place outside Singapore, shall present to an immigration officer at the authorised airport, authorised landing place, authorised train checkpoint, authorised point of entry, authorised departing place or authorised point of departure, as the case may be —
(a)if the person is a citizen of Singapore (whether or not the person is also the national of a country other than Singapore) — the person’s Singapore passport that is valid, and any other prescribed evidence of the person’s identity and Singapore citizenship; or
(b)if the person is a non-citizen —
(i)the person’s foreign passport or other foreign travel document that is valid, and such other evidence of the person’s identity as the immigration officer may require; and
(ii)where a Singapore visa is required by section 9B, evidence of a Singapore visa that is in effect and is held by the person.
[33/2007]
(2) The immigration officer may waive —
(a)the requirements of a passport or travel document if the person is a citizen of Singapore and in prescribed circumstances; or
(b)the requirements of a passport, travel document or Singapore visa in the case of any person entering Singapore from a place outside Singapore and holding a valid entry permit, re-entry permit or certificate of status issued in accordance with this Act.
[33/2007]
(3) Any person who enters or leaves Singapore in contravention of subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.
[33/2007]
(4) Subsection (1) shall not apply to such categories of persons as the Minister may prescribe.
[33/2007]

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the info.

How would someone leave SG then if there is no record of the person entering the country on the foreign passport? You would have to surrender the SG passport at ICA. And the only travel document you would have is the foreign one.

Will there be confusion at the immigration if I leave SG using the other passport ?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for the info.

How would someone leave SG then if there is no record of the person entering the country on the foreign passport? You would have to surrender the SG passport at ICA. And the only travel document you would have is the foreign one.

Will there be confusion at the immigration if I leave SG using the other passport ?
if you have surrendered your sg passport at ica, it's on record your sg passport is no longer valid thus your foreign passport will do as your only travel document. no confusion at all.

Danni12345

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you.

Has anyone been in a similar situation ? Please share your experience.

I will post mine once completed.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
There’s even now an electronic arrival card (beta) to facilitate arrival. Even though this is still on a trial basis, all visitors will be able to submit the electronic arrival cards except for those arriving via cruise liners.
use Oz passport all the way.