• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Enquiries about banking in Australia.

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aussie bros...

I have a question on banking in Australia.

Are there any banks in aussie which allows someone to regularly transfer funds to and fro between singapore and aussie with minimal charges?

Do advise..

Cheers :smile:

(Any other tips on managing one's money there is appreciated.)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Open a bank account in Australia and you can transfer funds via Telegraphic Transfer within 24 to 48 hrs. This is the cheap and convenient. If you have a HSBC local account or Citbank, you can do the TT online without visiting the bank. This is the ultimate.

The charges are pretty much uniform. Any one who tells you to go to Mustafa's and carry currency across either does not know that the exchange rate differs between physical and TT facilities or don't know how to read the exchange rate board.

Hi Aussie bros...

Are there any banks in aussie which allows someone to regularly transfer funds to and fro between singapore and aussie with minimal charges?

Do advise..

Tikam

Hi Aussie bros...

Do advise..

Any Australian banks will allow you to transfer funds from your account domestically and internationally yourself. You need to ask the counter or over the phone for the bank to set it up. Fees and exchange rate are applicable. Alternatively, you can rock up at the counter and ask the teller to transfer for you.

I know from personal experience, Commonwealth Bank charge about A$28 DIY or A$30 OTC. To transfer funds, you need all the account numbers, name and the banking institution concerned name and number. Call the bank and check it out.

My suggestion is depending on the amount if it's less than a grand, then Western Union or the likes can be cheaper and quicker.