• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eng's Wantan Mee Re-Opens @ Dunman

The_Hustler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanna update those hard core addicts of Eng's power hot wantan mee that he's re-opening his stall at Basement of Dunman Food Centre on April 2nd...just got his sms few days ago. Hmmm, with his age..wonder how many more year's we'll get to enjoy this nice wantan mee. Enjoy whilst it last.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah.. any diff from the Old airport road or Eminent's Plaza one. Must put a vote among bros which one is better.. :p

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chilli is hot only that is about it. In fact, I much prefer those sambal based chilli. For me Wanton Mee chilli must have that savoury slightly sweet taste.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one is good. But my benchmark was the stall at the old NLB off Stamford Road.

Now you had remined me of the Wanton Mee @ the LIBRARY @ Stamford Rd, which was yummy!..where did they go?, did they give up the business!

They sure made a lot of school boys & girls happy & became fans of their wanton mee, when they become adults..me inclusive.

:biggrin:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you had remined me of the Wanton Mee @ the LIBRARY @ Stamford Rd, which was yummy!..where did they go?, did they give up the business!

They sure made a lot of school boys & girls happy & became fans of their wanton mee, when they become adults..me inclusive.

Nam Seng Noodle House now at China Street (Far East Square)
Close on Sunday and PH, call them at 6438 5669
ahmah-large.jpg
food_lr_pork_noodle-medium;init:.jpg
food_lr_beef_hor_fun-medium;init:.jpg

Grandma (Mdm Leong) and her late husband Mr Tang

jw5

Loyal
Just wanna update those hard core addicts of Eng's power hot wantan mee that he's re-opening his stall at Basement of Dunman Food Centre on April 2nd...just got his sms few days ago. Hmmm, with his age..wonder how many more year's we'll get to enjoy this nice wantan mee. Enjoy whilst it last.
Where are the good wonton mee places in SG?
Let's share.
Lavender got one.
Geylang got 2.

soccernet

Alfrescian
Loyal
This means that there will be 3 Wantan Mee stall at Dunman?? The old Eng - renamed 'Dunman' is still there right?? Superb Wantan mee - large serving, great soup, simple but nice sauce, clean, generous, tasty CharSiew, lots vegetables, friendly staff... at S$2.50 .. what more can you ask? The Dunman Wanton Mee serving is at least 3 times that of the Lavendar one which is damn expensive. The Lavendar stall serving is so small that you can eat the whole plate in one swallow .. no joke. The Wantan Mee is nice but they should learn to serve more noodles!! The Kallang Airport stalls (2 of them) are both good as well.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, nostalgia and fond memories. From small kid to young teenage paktor holding hand times, first borrow books (don't forget to get it stamped with the old metal date stamper hor) then walk down to the hawker stall for the wanton mee followed by ice kachang and the bees attracted by the sweet syrup:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 1st wanton I ever had was from Koek Rd. When they closed Koek Rd , I remember they moved to Cavenagh Food Court(non-aicon) the one behind Centrepoint, which was demolished. After that I don't know where they moved to.

Anyone know the name of this wanton shop & where they are now?