• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

End of the PAP Ride?

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
If SL is looking for 14k MP allowance, she can easily make more then double that amount by remaining as a lawyer. She doesn't need the money. Her old man is rich enough and she owns properties. Get to know her better and you may change your perception of SL. Find out what car she is driving and you get a clearer picture.

This is exactly the sort of logic PAP uses to justify their pay as well. How many times have we heard them using this argument to advance their salaries. As for SL, she's a lawyer by training.. but a good one that can earn 28k, I doubt that very much. She started her career with the police force and went on to teach at a polytechnic.

Her old man??? I assume you are referring to her father as she is one of the 5 women out there that is still single. So I am guessing having a rich dad, a fancy car and having elite status automatically makes her good opposition politician. Quite a number of our PAP ministers, MPs and Civil Servants come from elite families too. That does not stop them from wanting higher pay or bonuses does it?

SL has been an NCMP since 2006, the public has had plenty of time to assess both her performance and potential. Unfortunately she falls way below the mark.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
SL has been an NCMP since 2006, the public has had plenty of time to assess both her performance and potential. Unfortunately she falls way below the mark.

She is better than at least 80% of PAP back benchers. If any one deserved to be in Parliament as a MP, it's her and not those PAP MPs.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is better than at least 80% of PAP back benchers. If any one deserved to be in Parliament as a MP, it's her and not those PAP MPs.

That's likely true. But, why set the bar so low; comparing SL to PAP backbenchers? That is hardly flattering. Why not benchmark against JBJ?

Likewise, if we set Hitler as the bar, LKY must be a saint. LKY never gassed the Communist chosing to lock them up and throw away the key instead. Even went on record about how he fed them bread and eggs for breakfast. A real hero right?

With such a lowly sub-par benchmark, its no wonder LTK tells you to wait another 50 years. Yet, with the current population trend; I have serious reservations about that working out well for the Confucian majority. WP I'm afraid has become just another opportunist vehicle.

-

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's likely true. But, why set the bar so low; comparing SL to PAP backbenchers? That is hardly flattering. Why not benchmark against JBJ?

Likewise, if we set Hitler as the bar, LKY must be a saint. LKY never gassed the Communist chosing to lock them up and throw away the key instead. Even went on record about how he fed them bread and eggs for breakfast. A real hero right?

With such a lowly sub-par benchmark, its no wonder LTK tells you to wait another 50 years. Yet, with the current population trend; I have serious reservations about that working out well for the Confucian majority. WP I'm afraid has become just another opportunist vehicle.

-

Don't be facetious. I am not setting the bar high or low. We are talking about voting in parliamentarians. The parliament should comprise of 84 best parliamentarians out of those who stood for election. It is certain that Sylvia Lim is better than at less 3/4 of the present bunch of parliamentarians. And if anyone should leave the parliament it should be those people ranked lower than her.

Why don't you set the bar at Jesus or Buddha? That way, even JBJ cannot be in parliament.

Idiots like you who pretend to talk sense but are ultimately sickening despicable PAPPIES deserved to be ignored. And that is what I will do to you.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be facetious. I am not setting the bar high or low. We are talking about voting in parliamentarians. The parliament should comprise of 84 best parliamentarians out of those who stood for election. It is certain that Sylvia Lim is better than at less 3/4 of the present bunch of parliamentarians. And if anyone should leave the parliament it should be those people ranked lower than her.

Why don't you set the bar at Jesus or Buddha? That way, even JBJ cannot be in parliament.

Idiots like you who pretend to talk sense but are ultimately sickening despicable PAPPIES deserved to be ignored. And that is what I will do to you.

It is most unfortunate your level of maturity leaves a lot to be desired. It is for the electorate and not for you or me to decide if SL deserves to be in parliament, which she is by the way, as an NCMP; but not purely based on your ranking exercise - which is questionable as it is.

SL performance in parliament certainly leaves a lot to be desired. I know the truth hurts but sometimes its better to face the facts than bury your head in the sand and pin your hopes on somehow, somewhere everything will fall into place by itself and SG will be a better place.

It is you who is be facetious when you suggest setting the bar as Buddha or Jesus. I am merely asking you how she stacks up against her own ex-WP Sec-Gen JBJ. How unreasonable is that?

WP with the likes of LTK and SL do much that harm the long-term interest of this nation. With opposition politicians such as these, REAL opposition will be crowded out of the political arena. The former are the kind of opposition PAP wants and have in response increased the number of NCMP from 3 to 9 along with carving out more SMCs. You will assuredly have a maximum of 9 LTKs/SL type "oppositions" in parliament after this GE but NO REAL CHANGE will every come about. That I can assure you.

And like I said, if you or anyone else is happy with the status quo, and I'm sure there are plenty that are satisfied, then by all means support and vote WP. Good luck.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Dragon......don't think she has said she will be a full time MP....
i think she is still single..not sure if she has any companion....tell her kukubird is available.

Unlikely to be full-time at the moment but anything can happen in future. Yes, still single. Companion? Hahaha, she is my good friend and I should not reveal her private affairs. But will alert her to your interest.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is exactly the sort of logic PAP uses to justify their pay as well. How many times have we heard them using this argument to advance their salaries. As for SL, she's a lawyer by training.. but a good one that can earn 28k, I doubt that very much. She started her career with the police force and went on to teach at a polytechnic.

Her old man??? I assume you are referring to her father as she is one of the 5 women out there that is still single. So I am guessing having a rich dad, a fancy car and having elite status automatically makes her good opposition politician. Quite a number of our PAP ministers, MPs and Civil Servants come from elite families too. That does not stop them from wanting higher pay or bonuses does it?

She was a lawyer before joining the SPF. She was at Central Police Div as an IO and thereafter at CID as a staff officer. She did well. Then back to being a lawyer before deciding to teach. Well, you have the right to doubt if she is worth 28k monthly as a lawyer. I have no doubts she is worth that amount, compared to many other criminal lawyers.

She may be born with a silver spoon but she is not spoilt. I never mentioned
a fancy car. Where your info came from I am not aware. I don't even consider her having elite status.

We will agree to disagree on her performance and potential. In your opinion, she falls way below the mark. Compared to the many MIW, I think SL did well.

From your comments, I am certain you do not know her well. I do. And she is one person whom I have complete faith in.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I fully agree with your assessment. Let's be fair to SL, CST and LTK. Unlike MIW, these 3 have no proper research teams to assist them. The MIW can call on the entire civil service to help them out. The playing field is not level. So, when honest mistakes are made by the 3, we should be more forgiving. And yes, SL deserves to be an MP.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I share your concern,truly!

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree with your assessment. Let's be fair to SL, CST and LTK. Unlike MIW, these 3 have no proper research teams to assist them. The MIW can call on the entire civil service to help them out. The playing field is not level. So, when honest mistakes are made by the 3, we should be more forgiving. And yes, SL deserves to be an MP.

Stop making excuses for SL, CST and LTK's half-hearted performance in parliament. JBJ never had a research team at his disposal whilst in parliament. Sure he made mistakes but that never stopped him from going all out.

As for current opposition, look at SDP. They aren't making any excuses (e.g.: we aren't represented in parliament, etc) either and are far more vocal and active than any other opposition party.

SDP has commented thus far and i'm just talking about the past few days, on the effectiveness of WIS (link below) and on Singapore's liberal democracy.

http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4498-is-the-wis-effective-in-the-first-place

Can anyone point out when was the last time LTK and SL spoke out on WIS or for that matter liberal democracy? I'll leave CST out due to his health.

Just no more excuses ok?

-

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Opposition NCMP Sylvia Lim was remarkable in her element in putting up a scintillating performance with two eloquent speeches, one on the NCMP amendment and the other on the cooling-off day that had PAP ministers in a discomfiture trying to match. Those who have not read her speeches are encouraged to do so in order to share in the oratory of her arguments against the two amendments to the PEA. The arguments were cogent and could have moved any sceptical audience in an assembly but unfortunately fell on deaf ears of PAP ministers."

http://singaporerecalcitrant.blogsp...-max=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=32

By Mr Siew Wah Yoong
A former director of ISD dept-Spore

tampines

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE=Goh Meng Seng;648410]The ground has shifted significantly. But whether it is significant enough for it to be reflected in opposition victories, that is yet to be seen.

There are still a huge portion of the population, both from the older as well as young educated professionals who are apathetic or didn't bother to read internet websites (TR or TOC) for political views. Thus, it is difficult to win over this group of people with significant numbers.

Goh Meng Seng[/QUOTE]

Meng Seng,

It's REGRETTABLE that since your participation in the 2006 GE, you've become more and more politically NAIVE --- and LAZY!

Seriously, you REALLY expect the uncles and aunties and the young sexy girls of Tampines GRC to be internet savvy and log onto the internet in order to read about your and NSP's political views??????????
IF the mountain does not come to Muhammad, then Mohammed MUST go to the mountain! You can't understand this fucking logic??

As I have told you before, NO Opposition candidate can ever hope to beat the PAP just by visiting coffeeshops and MRT stations, releasing party statements to the Press, and making a few speeches during election time. EVEN if you repeat this leisurely walkabout routine for the next 4 years, you still cannot beat the PAP!! Last time, in 1991 GE, probably yes, you can beat the PAP candidate with minimum amount of legwork eg. Ling & Cheo and only in single seat contests. But since then,unfortunately, circumstances have changed and our brainwashed voters have high expectations of candidates being able to run the Town Councils well and resolve their municipal problems.

I have 2 concerns for you :
1) WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO IN ORDER TO BE CONNECTED AND STAY CONNECTED WITH VOTERS ON THE GROUND LEVEL???
2) HOW ARE YOU GONNA WIN OVER THE MALAY VOTERS WHO ACCOUNT FOR OVER 20% OF THE TAMPINES RESIDENTS???

God helps you if you honestly believe that above problems are resolved by merely sitting in front of your computer screen and posting internet messages!!

If you EVER hope to win the easy way, may I suggest you stand as a PAP candidate? Because ONLY PAP candidates can win elections merely by visitng coffee shops and MRT stations.

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
The nation should be thankful people like sl, cst, ltk are prepared to step forward and help change the political landscape here. The price to pay for being a politician is high but the prize awaiting when one come into power is even greater.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The nation should be thankful people like sl, cst, ltk are prepared to step forward and help change the political landscape here. The price to pay for being a politician is high but the prize awaiting when one come into power is even greater.
Yes,exactly
That is why we should put the opposition under citizens' control should they get into power in the future.

This has been a very useful lesson for our citizens

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Philip J simply has too much to loose......
something that been puzzling me for a long time was that Philip would have easily paid the money for JBJ to be discharged....but this did not happen!!!!!

I doubt if JBJ wanted his sons to pay up. They sure can afford but why pay?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt if JBJ wanted his sons to pay up. They sure can afford but why pay?

hahaha...if JBJ wanted a last fling at the 2006GE, then he had to pay first;
if not that's the end of his legacy and the question whether he would have won anything in 2006 GE will remain unanswered forever.....