• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

End of Cheap Smokes - Ciggies to get new stamp

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the farmers here willing to do the growing and harvesting, :biggrin: think ppl dun mind such alternative if the prices of ciggs really go sky high :eek:

Farmer??... I m toking bout us growing it in the corridor or balcony wor...:biggrin::p

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read the news today.. what to do? have to live with it lor :wink:

But when approached by these guys when we're smoking non-banded ciggies from ciggie case, what's there to stop us from saying these are old-stock we hoarded before 1 Jan 09? Can they prove otherwise? :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap really targeting the smoker money
it is amazing the price of a pack of cigarette price shot up in last 10 years
using health as a excuse to raise tax
the smoker in singapore cannot do anything but pay and pay.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...what's there to stop us from saying these are old-stock we hoarded
Excuse of being allergic to new ink, so you took pains to unroll? Failing which, any easy way to ink your contraband?.:p
Microsoft said:
Farmer??... I m toking bout us growing it in the corridor or balcony wor...
Fertiliser to fast track for harvesting?:wink:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap really targeting the smoker money
it is amazing the price of a pack of cigarette price shot up in last 10 years
using health as a excuse to raise tax
the smoker in singapore cannot do anything but pay and pay.

But its universally agreed that smoking deteriorates your health. Thus it does not make logical sense for people to smoke as it costs so much and yet you're just making yourself unhealthy.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
the government seems 2 b making smokers feel the trouble of finding a place 2light by banning smoking in a lot of open air places.....& by increasing the prices very often......they r hoping more will give up on cig......don't even need anti-smoking campaign......:biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
But its universally agreed that smoking deteriorates your health.

And universally agreed gambling destroys lives. If both are true, and the govt is as righteous as it wants to show itself to be, let's totally eliminate selling ciggies and building IRs.

It's not, and the revenues from these 2 avenues are a pot of gold :wink:

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what the problem here?? Cigarettes are not like petrol, rice or other necessities. They choose to smoke, they choose to buy them. The government wants to fuck smokers in the ass and they themselves are bending over and applying lub. At the end of the day everybody is happy and gets what they want?? :o

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m toking bout us growing it in the corridor or balcony wor...:biggrin::p

Lidat!!! how to get yield goot harvest to get confirmed returns :biggrin: Better bestsource those interested farmer out there in the remaining few kampongs that we have :p

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read the news today.. what to do? have to live with it lor :wink:

But when approached by these guys when we're smoking non-banded ciggies from ciggie case, what's there to stop us from saying these are old-stock we hoarded before 1 Jan 09? Can they prove otherwise? :rolleyes:

How much cigarettes can you stock up? Sometimes, the easiest solution is the one few people can face up to.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much cigarettes can you stock up?

Stock up olso no use wan...later "lau hong" :eek: boh ho seo :biggrin:

The new ciggs packs will be rolled out from next month to "kill off" the old stocks b4 Jan 09. Think they have already anticipated that some will resort to hoarding LOL....:p

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully support this measure. Anyway, few things are more pathetic than smokers hoarding cigarettes to save money; or smokers buying cheaper cigarettes but insisting they do so because that the cheap brand is "to their taste".

About two months ago, I've already written to the Ministry of Health to request them to raise the prices of cigarettes. I also asked them to thik of ways to stop contraband cigarettes from flooding Singapore (sadly, I was not the bright person who thought of this ink idea)

I think the only way for smokers to quit is after they suffer a massive heart attack. And even than, some might be so addicted as to continue to smoke.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But its universally agreed that smoking deteriorates your health. Thus it does not make logical sense for people to smoke as it costs so much and yet you're just making yourself unhealthy.

first 30 years of life are great. last 30 years of life sucks.
look at the old folks in singapore, clearing table, gathering cans from rubbish bin.
not everyone want to live an right old age.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always smoke those legal cigarettes.
i smoke when the present big pack is only about 90 cents to $1.
so make no difference for me,will just smoke as usual.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
first 30 years of life are great. last 30 years of life sucks.
look at the old folks in singapore, clearing table, gathering cans from rubbish bin.
not everyone want to live an right old age.

What a good idea! Die prematurely so as not to worry about not having enough for retirement, medical expenses etc ...