• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Employment Agency And Dumbfuck Employee Suspended For Selling Maids On Carousell! Guess Dumbfuck Employee's Race !

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NP_20181005_NHMAID05_4325885.jpg

Employment agency SRC Recruitment and one of its staff were slapped with 243 charges yesterday for "selling" maids on online marketplace Carousell.

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said in a statement that advertisements, placed between Sept 1 and 17, had cast the maids in an undignified light.

The employee, Erleena Mohd Ali, 41, had uploaded the insensitive ads, the statement added.

SRC Recruitment faces 144 charges under the Employment Agencies Act, while Erleena faces 99 charges.

The offences include advertising foreign domestic workers in a manner akin to a commodity and failing to ensure that SRC's name and licence number were reflected in the advertisements.

SRC's licence has been suspended, which means it can no longer deploy any foreign domestic workers, while Erleena has been deregistered as an employment agency worker.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/employment-agency-and-staff-charged-selling-maids

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The employment agency is located at the now infamous Far East Plaza, now famous for relaxation joints , something like choosing your "X" from a carousel ..ha ha ha ha.The owner of the agency must be named too, together with the name of the employee...what kind of reporting is this?, so that, discerning employers will not deal with such shay character or agency.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Maids are a commodity in Singapore because the terms and conditions of their appointment are standard.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because she did this on the "net", sge us oe slise. But companies like grab get away doing the same thing.
Another example of gahmrn rules that impede creativity and in thus case, minority business acumen.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
NP_20181005_NHMAID05_4325885.jpg

Employment agency SRC Recruitment and one of its staff were slapped with 243 charges yesterday for "selling" maids on online marketplace Carousell.

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said in a statement that advertisements, placed between Sept 1 and 17, had cast the maids in an undignified light.

The employee, Erleena Mohd Ali, 41, had uploaded the insensitive ads, the statement added.

SRC Recruitment faces 144 charges under the Employment Agencies Act, while Erleena faces 99 charges.

The offences include advertising foreign domestic workers in a manner akin to a commodity and failing to ensure that SRC's name and licence number were reflected in the advertisements.

SRC's licence has been suspended, which means it can no longer deploy any foreign domestic workers, while Erleena has been deregistered as an employment agency worker.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/employment-agency-and-staff-charged-selling-maids
Guess the race of the maid trader....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Maids are a commodity in Singapore because the terms and conditions of their appointment are standard.

My Thai maid manages my home, yes she cooks and clean and iron but she also manages home maintenance like aircon, plumbing, electricians, she outsourced the gardening, maintain my cars I mean send them for maintenance when it’s time, takes care of home bills, bring my dogs for grooming or vet. She drives to go to the market or for my family members. If I have guests in town and I’m not free she will take care of them on my behalf. My maid is basically my home manager and she deserves a manager pay and benefits like medical, leave, annual overseas holiday etc.

You see if we treat someone like a commodity that someone will behave like one.

My Filipino maid in Singapore likewise perform the same duties and enjoy the same benefits like my Thai maid (oh which include minimum 2 months annual bonus) except she don’t drive because we don’t have a car in Singapore. Let’s treat our maids like an employee not commodity.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
My Filipino maid in Singapore likewise perform the same duties and enjoy the same benefits like my Thai maid (oh which include minimum 2 months annual bonus) except she don’t drive because we don’t have a car in Singapore. Let’s treat our maids like an employee not commodity.

I'm not talking about how they are treated I'm talking about how they are packaged, marketed and traded by every maid agency I'm familiar with.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not talking about how they are treated I'm talking about how they are packaged, marketed and traded by every maid agency I'm familiar with.

In reality, it is no difference from human trafficking, only this is legal, from the source to the, marketing, packaging & presentation. Just pop in to either bukit Timah Shopping Centre or Katong S.S., you will see agencies with lots of maids ON DISPLAY. It is like selling "CATTLE" only difference is they do not have numbers tag to their ears or painted BOLDLY on the body. They are brought in here, just like 'CATTLE" especially the Indonesians & now the Myanmars. If you have time, on a certain time of the morning, you sit outside the centres & watch, the "CATTLE WAGONS" unload the cattle, to put it in perspective, they come in aircond mini buses or hired buses these days. But, it is no difference from the "CATTLE WAGONS" right?

MOM is trying to put a humane face on the recruitment, while they make obscene money from doing very little work; they benefit form it, the most. They are the owner of the "CATTLE" processing facilities.

These people shamed MOM for telling the obvious by selling the Indonesian maids online like 'human trafficker' or "cattle trader". Recruitment of women for work, as SERVANTS aka maids, is a legal form of HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In reality, it is no difference from human trafficking, only this is legal, from the source to the, marketing, packaging & presentation. Just pop in to either bukit Timah Shopping Centre or Katong S.S., you will see agencies with lots of maids ON DISPLAY. It is like selling "CATTLE" only difference is they do not have numbers tag to their ears or painted BOLDLY on the body. They are brought in here, just like 'CATTLE" especially the Indonesians & now the Myanmars. If you have time, on a certain time of the morning, you sit outside the centres & watch, the "CATTLE WAGONS" unload the cattle, to put it in perspective, they come in aircond mini buses or hired buses these days. But, it is no difference from the "CATTLE WAGONS" right?

MOM is trying to put a humane face on the recruitment, while they make obscene money from doing very little work; they benefit form it, the most. They are the owner of the "CATTLE" processing facilities.

These people shamed MOM for telling the obvious by selling the Indonesian maids online like 'human trafficker' or "cattle trader". Recruitment of women for work, as SERVANTS aka maids, is a legal form of HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

Exactly so why they singled out this tudong woman is beyond me. The only reason I can think of is that she is trying to impersonate the President by claiming to be Malay when she is actually an Indian.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly so why they singled out this tudong woman is beyond me. The only reason I can think of is that she is trying to impersonate the President by claiming to be Malay when she is actually an Indian.

They did not single her out because she wore a Tudung but, she disgraces the one in high places wearing one. The agency & this idiotic TUDUNG wearing woman, had contravened the (1) Employment Agencies Act & Competition Act, & (2) Employment of Foreign Act & Immigration Act, plus Employment Act & Contract Law...MOM was right in throwing the books at them. The Indonesian Embassy will definitely blacklist her, the agency, the agency boss etc...plus if it involves Filipinos, the same will happen.