• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Embarrassment but not disaster ! Vivian Balakrishnan apologised on Friday

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make mistakes and get away from it, no accountability and no responsibility, so continue to screw up in the future.....

No lah! If YOG is held in Singapore again, it will never happen again. You can be sure of that. We learn from our mistakes.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
untitled.PNG

Reprinting expense to be charged under 'miscellaneous' column?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At least Vivian got admit its his fault. When was the last time a PAP miniturd admitted that.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least Vivian got admit its his fault. When was the last time a PAP miniturd admitted that.

Yeah.. they ask you to move on. Whether it is a $2000 YOG blunder, $388mil Singtel blunder or the $400mil YOG (again) blunder.

We should rename this thread

Multi-million Incompetence

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Make mistakes and get away from it, no accountability and no responsibility, so continue to screw up in the future. Is this the standard of PAP? No wonder the PAP keeps on losing billions of our money.

hi there

1. i am just wondering what is the definition of a disaster in the eyes of some sheep here?
2. some kind of 911 or what, then it is classified as disaster.
3. from mas selamat escape, the yog embarrassment to the once-in-50yr flooding, they are just acts of god, mistakes or what.
4. it is still not up to the disaster mark.
5. this is competence or what!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

His Ka Chng already broken from so many mistakes. This time he "forced" to say sorry because the mistakes were too glaring to take cover from public. Even if msm were to help him cover up, those volunteers and participants will come to internet to disclose the secret. So msm bo bian, die die also must publish. It must be quite painful for Vivian to utter softly the word "sorry". If he has the slightest chance to escape the word, he will. Anyway, many innocent people were charged for using the "wrong" word. As such from the ministers viewpoint, our sorry no count, so die die also must send to ISA Lim kopi or meet LKY knuckle clusters.:oIo:

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
MINISTER for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan apologised on Friday for the recent gaffe that saw wrong signatures used on more than 45,000 certificates that were given to YOG participants, volunteers and torch-bearers.

Addressing a packed room of about 150 partners, sponsors and individuals who were involved in the Games at last night's appreciation dinner, he said: 'Now we all make mistakes. But let's put things in perspective. This is a major embarrassment but this is not a disaster.'

He is not really sorry. A sorry is really I am sorry, remorseful, agreed that I should be hanged for such silly mistake BUT he justify his mistake by 'Now we all make mistakes. But let's put things in perspective.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
(News) YOG food poisoning probe will take time: Balakrishnan MinMin Aug 18th, 10, 11:16 PM

YOG food poisoning probe will take time: Balakrishnan

SINGAPORE : Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan said investigations into the food poisoning incident over the weekend - involving some Youth Olympic Games (YOG) volunteers - will take some time.

However, he stressed that officials have made sure that hygiene standards are in place.

Dr Balakrishnan said: "For myself, I have made it a point everyday to have my meal with the volunteers so that's my way of ensuring quality control - that the food for the volunteers is the same food that I eat.

"You have my assurance that we'll continue to do our best. In a massive operation like this, from time to time, problems will arise, but we will be completely forthright about it. We will do everything that is necessary."

On Sunday, 21 staff working for the Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee reported experiencing diarrhoea and abdominal pain.

The committee said the National Environment Agency had inspected the kitchen of the caterer and confirmed that the hygiene and cleanliness standards and processes are in order.

Prior to the YOG, NEA had imposed stringent hygiene standards on food caterers contracted for the YOG and stepped up hygiene checks at their kitchens.

The 21 affected staff have since recovered.

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
if apology was something that resolves all problems, then police would be redundant. anyone can get away with murder just by saying "sorry"... and move on.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We all make mistakes".

Sorry, mistakes are for people who sweat for peanuts, not multi-million dollars!

Sorry, apologies can be acepted from minions, but certainly not from overpaid multimillionaire Ministers.

I am sorry, they all have to go.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your Embarrassment cost money leh. So who is paying for the mistake? Taxpayers again?

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
wong.st.jpg

Hey Vivan, you dont need to apologised man. You didnt make a mistake, it is just only an embarrassment and not a disaster right?

Just like when I indirectly released Mas Selamat back to the wild, it is really an embarrassment and not a disaster right?

You see now Mas Selamat had enough of his wild adventure outside and now he is coming back to Singapore soon.

So see I told you all, I do not need to resign, as the runaway of Mas Selamat is an embarrassment not a disaster what right???

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only this Viven behaviour, it is the common for the MIW's, make mistakes they get over with it, budget over run, treatment of the locals no worse than the child labourers for the Delhi Games, a host od other mismangement plus now printing appreciation & whatever using SAMPLE signature. Don't they have PROOF READERS or they have people who collect FAT SALARIES, dine IN STYLE, while the lesser mortals get to eat SFI food packets & expected to perform to their best for the glory of the regime?

They should cut 10% of his current month salary plus those involved, and goes into his current year assesment for bonus etc..

If this was some opposition party member in charge., IT WOULD BE SPLASHED ACROSSS THE MEDIAS, 24 HOURS, 365 DAYS...

:mad:

for that to happen you might as well wish for the sky to turn purple and the moon to rise up high in the day time.