• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elite Plastic surgeon Woffles Wu fined only $1K for lying to police 2 times

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

With the legal grounds clearing, I would feel that his sentence is about right under the old act and by the fact that according to circumstances he managed to mitigate and argue to a lower charge. I am of the view that his act is common enough that every one of us would know a family member who did something similar, and that the offenses compound when the abetment is for more serious offenses like drink driving etc etc .

I know the poor and helpless cannot afford the competent legal talent, to help them mitigate or to for that matter threaten a legal battle which the PP might lose thus incentivizing the, to deal.

The issue is with the law, and how fairness for the common man rich or poor has been thrown out the window, because of a search for an easy way out by sure force of criminilization.

I would add to the list of laws for administrative ease but badly thought out and framed including the law for harboring an over stayer , whereby the act itself was enough, the fact that an agent might have lied or fake I'd was provided was besides the point ,the act was itself criminal deserving jail.

That situation rounded up an initial batch of aunties uncles who were jailed or convicted for renting out their HDB rooms. The law still stays but the presumption that was written into the law made more sense once it was made easier to check the work permits etc ect data on line.

Locke liberal

I am not suggesting that shortcuts or favours were done in view of who he is as I understand that this immediately came under the top radar because the Police out of self fear buried previous complaints. If you ask AGC, the English standard of the present generation of investigating officers is shocking. There is also neglect of duty by senior police officer will no longer want to record Police statement for high profile cases or intimidating witnesses.

I recall JBJ statements were recorded by Supt Jamal Singh Head of Commercial Crime ( rank inflation would be put his rank now as AC) He was not asked to but he chose to. He was also an extremely competent investigator having investigated Robinson Rd Fire and led Homicide investigation and he had an MBA to boot, a rarity to boot in those days.

The Police Force is now at the same standard of Health Inspectors of the 1970: and speak and write like them.[/QUOTE]

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, File did not go to SG. File came from AG. Police buried 2 previous complaints. This came from the top and there was extensive exchange between AG and Counsel. That is why good lawyers are highly prized. He was very lucky that this surfaced before the change in law. Worth evry penny as they have a team of lawyers and consultants to dreg thru every word and meaning, including precedents. That is why Justice will no longer serve the ordinary man as he cannot afford it.

I am expecting a police disciplinary to follow if it had not already begun. The lady who lodge the complaint is prepared to go online to pursue this till completion. I understand she has blogged on this before but I cannot find it.
hahaha....as usual the cockeral will try to spin somthing profound out of nothing......
the new act Sect204 was enacted after the 2 said incidents so why do you need a good lawyer for this case???
is he implying that AG initially chrged WW under sect204 and was corrected by counsel????
second point about the lady who made a complaint and blogged about it really shows how kuku the cockeral is.....
if there was such a case....it would have gone viral in the cyberworld and yet he cannot find it......this again shiw his habit of posting heresay indiscriminately.......lol.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with your assessment bro. I spoke to a Sikh who told me that JS was not liked by the Sikh community as he refused to help despite being a regular temple attendee. Show the inner strength of the man in such a close knit community.

He never made AC. The most honest Police Officer with extremely high standards. He was indeed marginalised. I suspect that it was because of his MBA which he paid for himself. He ended up in the same class as Wrangler scholar GLK. In those days, you simply cannot do MBA without PSC having a say.

He was not only a first class investigator, an outstanding Sr Officer, he was also a first class Rugby player and captained the National Team to the highest ever victory. At that time he was Director Police Academy and the probably the fittest bastard in the whole academy.

He would have been made a first class CP.

I remember someone told me that he met a Sikh a soft spoken Sikh gentleman at a playground somewhere in Balestier who was with his kid. They spoke and he sensed that this guy was somewhat special. Later his photo appeared in the press and he realised who he was.

woah woah screwball no need to kiss one's ass in such a manner. Woffles wu one wasn't so bad in comparison. What meeting some unknown person that actually spoke to this JS that had an "aura" and was special. I'm surprised he's actually not the 2nd christ.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your asseement on this JS. The other JS stinks! I think this JS retired at DAC rank. Don't recall him as AC. He was marginalised for many years. He used to represent S'ore in rugby. Many orang lama respect this man. Very competent and fair chap. Most importantly, he was never a politician or porlumpar. And he hates officers who try to por his lumpar. Recall reading somewhere he was seconded to CISCO towards the end of his career.

confirmed..the scholarly pricks did the job on him..but from what I heard he bore no grudge or ill will towards SPF at retirement..in fact also improved conditions for CISCO officers..especially introducing direct entry Cpl and Sgt scheme in CISCO similar to SPF...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TOC author’s response to AGC’s SUNDAY statement on Woffles Wu (17 June 2012)

The AGC’s response is as follows:

“On the facts of this case, as there was no major accident or injury, it was considered appropriate to proceed under Section 81(3) of the Road Traffic Act rather than invoke the general provisions of the Penal Code, such as Section 182.”

This statement suggests that Section 182 cases would generally involve major accidents or injury and that the lack of major accident or injury informed AGC’s decision to proceed with a charge under Section 81(3) of the Road Traffic Act.

This is, however, incorrect....

- http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/06...to-agcs-statement-on-woffles-wu-17-june-2012/