• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electricity up 22% - Anyone knows why????

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Electricity up 22%. Heard from many people that Singapore Powers went into hedging of gas-related products b'cos of anticipation of higher price, but were wrong, & have no choice but to take delivery, which is why the higher price was passed to the consumers.

Any bro can verify this???? :smile:

sign the petition here!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so many fartups and so many hiccups and yet singaporeans are kwai kwai taking them all in...tkls were are you?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes it is so difficult to fathom the irrationality of discontent in Singaporeans. Since the establishment is voted in to power every election, it means they are making decisions they feel are in the best interests of Singapore. Of course, there are no perfect decisions.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it difficulty to understand? Yes they were elected to power but their decisions sometimes are warp and irrational. At this time of recession they increase utility charges by 20+% where got reasons?

Sometimes it is so difficult to fathom the irrationality of discontent in Singaporeans. Since the establishment is voted in to power every election, it means they are making decisions they feel are in the best interests of Singapore. Of course, there are no perfect decisions.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
FINALLY, News on channel 8 already confirmed!!!! Yup, Singapore Powers went into hedging & the price the comsumers are paying now is based on the forward or future price, not the existing price....which is why we are paying for the 22% increment. What a SHOCK!!!!!! Someone from SP should shoulder the responsibility instead of just passing the cost to the consumers alone. It will be damn disappointing if no action is taken against the responsible party, 'cos we may face the same problem again in future!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
besides the price of oil..i heard the cost of delivery and transport was given as one of the reasons for the hike...anyone can confirm this?

now,they're coming out with every reason to justify the hike...world class theatricals!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FINALLY, News on channel 8 already confirmed!!!! Yup, Singapore Powers went into hedging & the price the comsumers are paying now is based on the forward or future price, not the existing price....
wa! ... tis 1 ... :mad:

u buy minibonds, hn, etc ... u lost money ... y u so greedy? ... serve u rite 4 being so greedy ... u die ur business ...

me did hedging ... me lost money ... me want u 2 pay big time 4 my loss ...

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans do not expect perfect decisions from their leaders as they know to err is human. However the inability of the ruling party to humbly admit their mistakes is causing discontent.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans do not expect perfect decisions from their leaders as they know to err is human. However the inability of the ruling party to humbly admit their mistakes is causing discontent.

Some things take time. But it is improving.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some things take time. But it is improving.

1) 43 years had passed by. How long more should the citizens wait?

2) Is the situation improving because the people are forcing the ministers to make an apology like LBW ping pong incident or is it coming out of sincerity? I believe the former is the case. So how would you expect people to embrace the vision of a graceful society when the leaders themselves cannot lead by example.

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Power announced it themselves. They're into 3-month forward pricing based on US$155 per barrel. As far as I understand, sometime in Jun/Jul 2008, SingPower contracted at US$155 per barrel for Oct-Dec 2008. Today, oil price is US$70 per barrel. Let's see if they give us a 55% discount for Jan-Mar 2009.

they are to busy screwing singaporean life , they forget to lower the price.:rolleyes:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) 43 years had passed by. How long more should the citizens wait?

2) Is the situation improving because the people are forcing the ministers to make an apology like LBW ping pong incident or is it coming out of sincerity? I believe the former is the case. So how would you expect people to embrace the vision of a graceful society when the leaders themselves cannot lead by example.

Many of our best are mesmerized by LKY and wish to emulate his actions. Alas, there is only one LKY. Mr Ngiam has made this observation known publicly before. Their intentions, though noble, are unnecessary. Being their true selves would be a lot better.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of our best are mesmerized by LKY and wish to emulate his actions. Alas, there is only one LKY. Mr Ngiam has made this observation known publicly before. Their intentions, though noble, are unnecessary. Being their true selves would be a lot better.

Why are we paying top dollars for imitators? Then PAP should look into their recruitment policy for those who think beyond the current paradigm. If not when can there ever be changes?

Why is there still a party whip which only repress the freedom of the MPs to voice out the true feelings of the society at large?