• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electricity tariffs to go up 4.3%

Z

Zombie

i have given you enough information... go ask your econ teacher if you cannot understand.. you twit..

Last edited by a moderator:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are fossil feuls. Both generate energy and are alternatives to each other. The price of one is linked to the other whether you realise it or not.

Nope, it was never fixed.

Which means to say it is not fixed la. Don't try to BS here. There are no long term fixed priced for fossil fuels in the world.

Thats correct, so when oil prices goes up, the gas price will go up too.
Don't BS here please.

Feuls is incorrect,The correct word is fuels.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have given you enough information... go ask your econ teacher if you cannot understand.. you twit..

You gave me enough info to prove its not a fixed price. It pegged, not fixed. In other words, your claim that electricity prices should not be adjusted because gas price is fixed is pure BS. Gas prices have been increasing.
Don't BS here.

Z

Zombie

You gave me enough info to prove its not a fixed price. It pegged, not fixed. In other words, your claim that electricity prices should not be adjusted because gas price is fixed is pure BS. Gas prices have been increasing.
Don't BS here.

Your lack of reading skill is not helping.

I said 2X that I have given you enough information.. you are just too lazy to see for yourself... never mind here it is again..

Look for "Gas sales agreements"

Price terms. Gas must be priced at a level competitive with alternate fuels in the marketplace and provide an adequate return for all parties in the chain.

Pricing may be (1) fixed, (2) fixed with escalators, or (3)floating.

(1) A fixed price is a set negotiated price over the term of the contract and is usually found in shorter-term contracts.

(2) A fixed price with an escalator is a fixed price that changes by a certain percentage every year or other specified time frame to reflect an inflator or an index of a known variable. Indexing prices helps to ensure gas price competitiveness to alternate fuels and helps to integrate changes in the marketplace without renegotiating long-term contracts. Most gas contracts in Europe are indexed to the price of crude oil or other liquid fuel products imported by the gas buying country.

(3) Alternatively, a floating price varies according to prices reported by unbiased sources, such as newspapers and NYMEX quotations. In this case, the contracts are revalued every month or every week according to the reported prices.

Prices, both fixed and floating, may also be limited to a maximum ceiling price or a minimum floor price for the term of the contract. Contracts may also have combinations of fixed and floating prices.

I even numbered them out for your convenience...

(1) is what some other forummers said previously,

(3) is what you were first saying (until I pointed out your folly about gas and oil, then you change your story), and

(2) fixed price with an escalator is what I was saying right from the beginning ie there are two components in the price structure (i)fixed price + (ii)escalator ie mark/link ...(my second post here already briefly described the two components, and ending with the combined term).. also see "Group 2" in my earlier post..

if you still cannot understand, go see your english teacher... you need the most basic help first...

Z

Zombie

Kinana

As for your claim that there is no fixed price contracts for fossil feuls in this world...

There are no fixed price contracts for fossil feuls in the market.

There are no long term fixed priced for fossil fuels in the world.

here is one article about fixed price indo-sino gas contracts (afaik no linking/marking to oil)

http://www.evaluateenergy.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=101327
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/06/16/review-planned-fixed-price-lng-contracts-minstry.html

Jun 11 - Indonesia To Review Fixed-Price LNG Contracts
Source Press
Company Pertamina
Date June 16, 2011

of course you may want to wriggle your way out by scrutinising the definition of "long-term".. most losers would do that... :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

It pegged, ..

Pegging is a word to describe mainly Group 3 (see my earlier post for the link, provided here again http://www.natgas.info/html/gascontracts.html)... where the link/relationship between two products is straightforwardly direct.

You may be correct wrt the old gas contracts (I am not sure about the exact nature)..

but not the gas agreement since last October..
fyi.. we will be paying US$17/mmbtu for next 17 years ie fixed price component ("link or not to oil" not mentioned in news), while the gas is now selling around US$2-3/mmbtu in the nymex commodity market...

http://www.jakartaupdates.com/1760-...iver-gas-to-singapore-and-avoid-hefty-penalty

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EMA replies to Leong Sze Hian sound like SMRT justifying their fare hike for efficiency, technology, cost. I have never a single day see PAP justifying price hike with genuine reason, all replies are standard and similar in one way or another. Just like PAP outdated reason to rule, the same story will be replayed every year. The only time you hear something unique is Mee Siam Mai Hum or Chillie and Onion bring rainfall.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please have a look at these. The first chart shows the spot price of natural gas, which is at an all time low.

20120405_NGSP.png

The second shows why - the high stockpile levels:

20120405_itn.png

Don't BS here.

Last edited: