• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electrical meter questions

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need some help here. For a 2 element 3 phase 3 wire connections (AB and CB) where phase B is connected to neutral, would phase B display any voltage readings?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I need some help here. For a 2 element 3 phase 3 wire connections (AB and CB) where phase B is connected to neutral, would phase B display any voltage readings?

you have grossly over-estimated the mental capacity of the people here lah..............

SadPlumpGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have grossly over-estimated the mental capacity of the people here lah..............

I also say lor! :oIo::biggrin: wordmath2.png

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What u talking about ?
1. U want to use 3 phase as single phase? Just use of of the 3 phase and neutral
2. Or u want to joint direct phase to neutral? That will trip.
3. Or u want to know if 3 phase meter using one phase only for single power the appliance eg. fan? The electric meter will still run. Because electric meter calculate Kw total from all the 3 phase.

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal

Depending where you connect it, you may cause a blackout never seen before in Singapore for a long time.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
What u talking about ?
1. U want to use 3 phase as single phase? Just use of of the 3 phase and neutral
3. Or u want to know if 3 phase meter using one phase only for single power the appliance eg. fan? The electric meter will still run. Because electric meter calculate Kw total from all the 3 phase.

it is a 3 phase meter with its software configured for 2 element measurement. I just power up by applying voltage to phase A.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

The presence of a voltage reading depends on your what your test probs are tabbing onto. i.e. your phase B in relation to what? Other phases or earth or what?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a 3 phase meter with its software configured for 2 element measurement. I just power up by applying voltage to phase A.

Electric meter will still running as normal. Does not matter u only use only one phase. If not SP will lost money lost electricity.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are not in North America, you will not have 110/220 divisions, and since 3 phase is usually out for domestic households, you will only have 110 or 220 VAC. So if either a 110 or 220 V network, yr neutral is zero. If you have a BT system, it may be 110V and phasor voltage 220V.

here's soemthing helpful.View attachment Neutral wire facts and myths.pdf

Last edited: