• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economy is fuck bad, Taiwan Telco drop mobile fee to S$22.46 UNLIMITED DATA! Mad Q thousands!

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal

NT$499=SG$22.46 per month
499吃到飽 = unlimited usage!
The telco customer service counter busted full house long Q until the Q calling machine Broken Down! Thousands are in Q to get plans changed to SG$22.46 unlimited.

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/電信門市叫號機-陣亡-全民瘋499-單店等候數破千-215011714--finance.html

電信門市叫號機「陣亡」!全民瘋499 單店等候數破千

中時電子報

7k 人追蹤
黃琮淵╱台北報導
2018年5月11日 上午5:50
中國時報【黃琮淵╱台北報導】

「499吃到飽」引爆搶辦熱潮,全台電信門市無一倖免,全被人潮灌爆。以中華電信台北東區門市為例,等候人數突破800人,只能關掉號碼牌機;板橋最誇張,創下等候人數「破千」紀錄,最多時飆破1200人,無奈搬出「請自行斟酌等候時間」的告示牌。

e49fa720-54a7-11e8-8460-c71655fcf56a_b06a00_p_04_01.jpg

中華電信499元資費,9日開放至今各門市排隊人潮接踵摩肩,有營業所號碼牌機甚至燒掉、故障;圖為民眾為申辦499,爭搶合約書、叫號登記。(郭吉銓攝)
面對接下來的周末假日,人潮可能更多,中華電、台灣大哥大及遠傳昨晚表示,已緊急調度人力,盡可能消化人潮,但真的緊繃了,不會延長營業時間跟方案效期。

「499之亂」進入第二天,各地搶辦的亂象有增無減。以中華電信為例,不少民眾搶在8點開門前,就到各地營運處門口排隊,一開門,等候人數瞬間破百,即便所有櫃臺全開、後勤主管上陣支援,還是不敵螞蟻雄兵。

也因人潮洶湧,超過系統設計上限,各地不時傳出叫號機率先「陣亡」災情,得改用人工叫號。傍晚又傳出因為資料量太大,中華電信櫃臺的上線作業系統當機,不過中華電澄清只是資料重整,已恢復正常。

對於多數用戶疑惑,要不要解約重續?電信達人趙士愷建議,每個人使用習慣不同,但若月租費在千元以上,解約改辦多半划算,千元以下的就要評估違約金或使用習慣,有些人網路用量少、電話也講得少,不必跟風。

趙士愷提醒,有兩類人不用來湊解約改辦的熱鬧,一種是公司戶,或是公司有補助話費的用戶;另一種是手頭較緊,把高資費當作分期購買高價手機的用戶,本就有預算考量,違約金動輒破萬,多半會知難而退。

有用戶抱怨,至少得等2到3個小時才能等到叫號,希望三雄能延長假日營業時間,或是方案到期日。不過三雄口徑一致,人力已經緊繃,真的沒辦法再延,至於「全民499」就是7天的短期促案,下周二準時退場。

門市人員表示,為加快流程,有些眉角需要民眾配合,像是雙證(身份證、健保卡)一定要帶,如果要先解約的,如中華電信違約金只收現金,錢要帶夠,再者是499是單門號約,不含購機,也別再問搭手機的問題了。

★下載Yahoo奇摩APP,隨時掌握最新時事,議題懶人卡一次看懂!

The telecommunications outlet calling station "death"! National crazy 499 single store waiting a few thousand
[China Newsletter]
China Times Newsletter
7k person tracking
Huang Yuyuan reports from Taipei
May 11, 2018 5:50am

China Times [Huang Yuyuan, Taipei Report]

The "499 full-fledged meal" set off and smashed an upsurge, and none of the telecommunications outlets in Taiwan had been spared. Take Chung Hwa Store in Taipei East District as an example. Waiting for the number of people to exceed 800, only the number card machine can be switched off. It is the most exaggerated in Itabashi, setting a record of “thousands of thousands” in the waiting time. At most, it broke 1200 and could not move out. “Please wait and see for yourself. Time's sign board.
The telecommunications outlet calling station "death"! National crazy 499 single store waiting a few thousand
The 499 yuan tariff of Chunghwa Telecom, opened on the 9th so far, the queuing crowds of various outlets took over the shoulders and shoulders, there are business license plates and even burned, failure; The picture shows the people for the bid to do 499, scrambling for contracts, calling number registration. (Photo by Guo Jizhen)

In the face of the next weekend holiday, there may be more crowds. Zhonghua Electric, Taiwan’s Big Brother and Far Eve reported last night that they have dispatched manpower urgently to try to absorb as many people as possible. However, they are really tight and will not extend their business hours and plans. Validity period.

"The chaos of 499" entered the next day, and chaos rushed by all parts of the country increased. Taking Chunghwa Telecom as an example, many people rushed to the gates of local operations before they opened the door at 8:00, opened the door, and waited for an instant number of people. Even if all the counters were fully opened and the logistics manager went on board, they would still lose to the Ants.

Due to the surging crowds and exceeding the system design ceiling, the local people called from time to time that the calling machine took the lead in "destroying" the disaster and had to use artificial calling. In the evening, it was reported that because of the large amount of data, the on-line operation system of Chunghwa Telecom's counter was down, but Zhonghua Electric clarified that it was only the data reorganization that had returned to normal.

For most users doubts, do you want to cancel the agreement? According to Zhao Shiyi, a telecommunications expert, each person has different usage habits. However, if the monthly fee is more than RMB 1,000, it will be more cost-effective to cancel the contract. If the amount is less than RMB 1,000, you must assess the penalty or usage habits. Speak less, do not have to follow suit.

Zhao Shiji reminded that there are two types of people who are not used to cope with the bustle of the appointment. One is the company's household, or the company has the user to subsidize the call; the other is the user's hand is tight, the high tariff is used as a user to purchase high-priced mobile phones in installments. There are budgetary considerations, and breach of contract is likely to break through thousands of times, and most will retreat.

Some users have complained that they have to wait at least 2 to 3 hours before they can wait for a call. I hope that the three males will be able to extend their holiday opening hours or plan expiration dates. However, the three males have the same caliber and the manpower is tight. There is really no way to postpone it. As for the "National 499," it is a short-term promotion case for 7 days. It will exit on the next Tuesday.

The store staff said that in order to speed up the process, some eyebrows need people to cooperate, like double certificates (ID cards, health insurance cards) must bring, if you want to first terminate the contract, such as Chunghwa Telecom default fine only cash, money to bring enough, What's more, the 499 is a single door number, excluding purchases, and don't ask questions about taking a mobile phone anymore.
★ Download Yahoo Kimo APP to keep up to date with the latest issues.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dirt cheap in india. and that was in 2011.

http://mobilitydigest.com/cell-phone-service-so-cheap-in-india-that-even-beggars-can-afford-it/

Cell Phone Service so Cheap in India That Even Beggars Can afford it!
By Vikram -

July 16, 2011

Cellphone use in India is so cheap that there have been stories that even beggars have cellphone. I did not see any beggars with cellphones on my recent trip but I have seen some maids and day laborers who make less than $10 per day afford a cellphone. Let me outline the costs. (All costs have been converted to US dollars based on the current exchange rate 1 dollar = 44.5 rupees)

1) Buying a SIM card. In order to get a SIM card it costs about $0.80 that is 80 cents!!! and you get 60 cents for talk time out of those 80 cents.

2) Talk time: All incoming calls are free. So you don’t have to worry about losing minutes or balance on your phone if someone calls you. So giving other people missed calls is a huge thing if you are low on balance or something. However, if you want to call someone it costs about $0.013 cents per minute. So if you talked for about one hour it would only cost you $0.80 (80 Cents!!!). Also almost all plans in India are seconds billing that means you only get billed for the exact number of seconds that you talk it DOES not get rounded up to the nearest minute.

3) Text messaging plans: This is pretty cheap too. I added a 10,000 text messaging plan that cost $1.75 per month. They also have another plan where you get 2,000 text message for 7 days at a cost $0.50 (50 cents). I used this plan when I only had a few days left before I came back and my monthly plan expired.

4) Internet: This is the only one that is little expensive I guess because the 3G infrastructure in India is not as well built and as prominent as it is in the US but it is still about the same price. 650 MB of 3G internet was about $10 but once I ran through my 650MB of 3G and realized the signal strength and 3G speeds were not as good as they are in the US I got an EDGE plan. Yes, they allow you to choose if you need 3G speeds or if you can live with EDGE speeds and just need data every now and then. The EDGE plans are very cheap 2GB of EDGE costs $2 and this was more than enough for me because I mainly only used me phone to check emails, which were usually pushed to my phone, chat with friends and occasionally look up directions.

5) Obviously there are no subsidies for phones in India and all phones have to be bought at retail price but there are some phones like the Samsung Guru which costs $20 and it is the most basic phones but for people like me who have unlocked phones from the US we can just go to India get a sim card and we are good to go.

So all in all in think I spent about $25 on full phone with phone, text, and data service for two months.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is Taiwan so affordable to live? It is an island so is sinkapore. Population same size. What is the difference that makes living cost so different?

ChokBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is Taiwan so affordable to live? It is an island so is sinkapore. Population same size. What is the difference that makes living cost so different?

and Taiwan don't need NS for younger kids.
Those serving now are born in earlier calendar years.

And Taiwan is a huge banking center like HK and Singapore.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
NT$499=SG$22.46 per month
499吃到飽 = unlimited usage!

Hi everyone, i just returned from Taiwan. Don't be mistaken by the discount.

The Telco offer is because the telco wants to snatch more subscribers to emerge as Joint-first position to support their bid for 5G network. Unlike Singapore, Taiwanese government will award the 5G bandwidth to a good bid and operators with larger subscriber-base.

This taiwanese promotion just show that we have been ripped off. Singapore also offers 100GB packages cheaply to tourists.