• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Rail Link and pipeline projects with China cancelled

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
"China understands our problem and agreed," Dr Mahathir said.

The Prime Minister said that the current priority for Malaysia is to reduce its debts and loans, according to New Straits Times.

"If we have to pay compensation, we have to pay. This is the stupidity of the negotiations before. We must find a way to exit these projects...this is our own people’s stupidity," said Dr Mahathir, according to the South China Morning Post.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...ojects-with-china-cancelled-says-malaysian-pm

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now if only some of the people who post here can do the same and admit their stupidity then the country will be better off.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if the ah tiong rail link etc is finance by ah tiongs n uses a high degree of local m&d content. Why should such projects no go through?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad that the Mad Hatter is humble enough to beg chinkland for mercy and admit that his m&d people are stupid.
I think these projects were negotiated by jho low. Even tge interest rate in 2% above what others in china are paying. Emperor xi jinping dare not change anything as it may implicate him with najib in financial scandal. How much is the cancelation penalty? I heard it could be 30% of cost of project. In the pipelines, they have not even started yet but 80% of the money paid to contractors in china.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if the ah tiong rail link etc is finance by ah tiongs n uses a high degree of local m&d content. Why should such projects no go through?
signed by UMNO cronies for themselves, once it start, they will collect. now they need to space off the loans, pan out the thot how to remove the UMNO middleman nad assign to their own.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think these projects were negotiated by jho low. Even tge interest rate in 2% above what others in china are paying. Emperor xi jinping dare not change anything as it may implicate him with najib in financial scandal. How much is the cancelation penalty? I heard it could be 30% of cost of project. In the pipelines, they have not even started yet but 80% of the money paid to contractors in china.

The jiuhu east coast railway project is dead because it passes through the m&d heartland in the of rural pahang and terrenganu, where most of the people there are more concern with the islamic sharia law than they are with common sense and the protestant work ethic. Any major investment in those sort of society usually ends poorly. Afghanistan is another good example.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they saw the 99-year lease clause in the contract where land would be ceded to prc if payments were not made on time (like in all other cuntries in odorous obor including vietnam), so they felt scared and screwed and shuttered the deal.