• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK will continue to put his best foot forward. :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
Today marks a significant moment in Singapore’s history as a new Cabinet, led by PM Lawrence Wong, was sworn in at the Istana this evening.
We will continue to put our best foot forward, to build a better future for all Singaporeans. Majulah Singapura!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(MCI Photo by Liu Ying)

443841405_1011894520296282_416978441479919337_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK says a big thank you. :notworthy:

Heng Swee Keat is at 新加坡福建会馆 Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.​

3 d · Singapore ·
In emergencies, our neighbours and our community form the first line of support. They can make a difference and save lives.
Our Bedok residents learnt about fire safety and got hands-on lessons in CPR at our Safety Preparedness Day last weekend
1f9ef.png
‍
. Also took the opportunity to brush up on digital literacy skills and pick up the latest tips on scam prevention to keep ourselves (and our bank accounts) safe!
A big thank you to our friends from the Singapore Civil Defence Force, Singapore Police Force, Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving, National Environment Agency (NEA) and SG Digital Office for equipping our residents with these essential skills. My thanks to our Bedok C2E volunteers for organising this meaningful event for our residents.
#CaringEastCoast
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks all residents. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

21 h ·
Joined residents and fellow East Coast GRC Adviser Jessica Tan Soon Neo for a fun-filled afternoon at “VIASTA!” over the weekend. This “Viaduct Fiesta” came about after our residents suggested transforming the unutilised common space below the Simei MRT viaduct into a vibrant area for community events.
Delighted to see many residents and community partners coming together to set up interest booths, organise activities, and put up wonderful performances. I had fun joining residents for a game of pickle ball too!
Thank you to all our residents and partners for bringing fun and building camaraderie in our East Coast community! If you have ideas on how we can build a greener, more caring and more vibrant East Coast, please share them with us!

jw5

Loyal
HSK was delighted to open the newly expanded NKF Singapore Dialysis Centre in Bedok. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

21 h ·
Delighted to open the newly expanded NKF Singapore Dialysis Centre in Bedok yesterday. With a refreshed look and bigger premises, it now houses more dialysis stations and can serve up to 150 patients weekly. It also offers a range of other support services, such as NKF’s Home-based Business programme, to help patients develop financial independence and lead productive lives.
Kidney disease is a growing concern in Singapore with around 500,000 diagnosed cases here. Even as the Government works with community partners and organisations like NKF to support patients with high-quality, accessible healthcare and treatment, prevention is always better than cure.
So I encourage everyone to take charge of your health by eating well and exercising regularly. East Coast residents can also join us at our wellness activities to stay active and engaged within the community! You can find out more at East Coast Buzz.
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes a blessed Vesak Day to all Buddhists! 祝所有佛教徒有个愉快的卫塞节。:thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

10 h ·
A blessed Vesak Day to all Buddhists! 祝所有佛教徒有个愉快的卫塞节。
Vesak Day marks the birth, enlightenment, and passing of Buddha. On this day, our Buddhist friends reflect on his teachings, and focus on prayers and acts of kindness, compassion, and generosity.
May this Vesak Day bring all peace, joy, and spiritual renewal.
(MCI Photos by Lim Sin Thai and Liu Ying)

444490141_1016089286543472_2974246956813821195_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a fun-filled and informative morning. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is at Bedok Community Center.​

1 d · Singapore ·
Health is wealth, and prevention is always better than cure, so we must do our best to keep healthy and active!
Had a fun-filled and informative morning with residents at our Bedok Wellness Day last weekend, where we learnt more about kidney health and dementia through interactive games.
Happy to hear from residents that they are taking charge of their health by going for regular screenings and adopting healthier habits, such as eating in moderation and exercising regularly. These small changes in our habits and routines can lead to significant health benefits in the future. So, let’s start investing in our health today and build a #healthierSG!
We Love Bedok
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK has good news. :biggrin:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Good news for East Coast residents — Bus Service 20A will begin serving passengers from next Monday (27 May), to ease passenger traffic on certain parts of the Bus Service 20 route during peak periods.
This new service will start from Simei Street 1 and serve 21 bus stops, including those outside SUTD, Changi City Point, and Changi Business Park, before terminating at Expo MRT station.
My thanks to Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving and SBS Transit Ltd for taking in feedback and implementing these new peak-hour bus services to help enhance connectivity for residents.
Read more: https://www.straitstimes.com/.../3-new-short-trip-bus...

445635550_1017292209756513_7800937311718774073_n.jpg

445706378_1017292323089835_8863664159528958334_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK was honoured to call on Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Singapore’s global network of friends includes countries in Central Asia which offer interesting and dynamic opportunities for our businesses and enterprises. Honoured to call on Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, an old friend of Singapore, yesterday during his State Visit. Kazakhstan is Singapore’s largest trading and investment partner in Central Asia. We reaffirmed our warm bilateral relations and discussed areas in which we could further deepen cooperation.
President Tokayev and I also spoke at the Third Singapore-Kazakhstan Business Forum, where companies like PSA Singapore and Singapore Post signed agreements with Kazakh partners to pursue new growth opportunities. I encouraged businesses on both sides to build closer collaborations and enhance mutual understanding of market opportunities including in our respective regions. Singapore companies are already engaged in Kazakhstan in areas such as education, connectivity, food, tourism and urban planning. I also welcomed more Kazakh companies to tap on Singapore as a Global-Asia node to engage the Southeast Asian market.
Wishing President Tokayev and his delegation a productive visit to Singapore!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1f0_1f1ff.png

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes the SPF all the best. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is with Sun Xueling.​

·
Trust and partnership between the Singapore Police Force and the community is the bedrock of the safety and security that Singapore enjoys. This enables our “99-1” approach, where 99% of law-abiding citizens work with the Police to prevent and deter crime, while we deal decisively with the 1% of wrong-doers with strict laws and cutting-edge capabilities.
As crimes migrate from the physical to the digital realms, this approach will continue to serve us well. At the SPF’s Workplan Seminar yesterday, I was happy to launch the “Cyber Guardians on Watch” and “Cyber Crime Prevention Ambassadors” programmes, which will enable members of the public to partner the Police to prevent and combat online scams and other cybercrimes.
I also announced that full-time Police National Servicemen (PNSFs) will soon be deployed as cybercrime operators under a new vocation. They will join a corps of digital-ready police officers equipped with new capabilities, such as generative AI Chatbots, evidence analytics, and cyber-crime detection which were on display at the Workplan Seminar.
I thank our men and women in blue for their selfless contributions, and wish the SPF the best as it builds a Future-Ready Force, ready for Cyber and beyond!

jw5

Loyal
HSK has a fun-filled day planned with activities for everyone in the family. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
The June holidays are here, and there’s plenty to do around Singapore and in East Coast!
1f31e.png

Come join us at East Coast Park for our East Coast Family Fiesta on 8 June! We have a fun-filled day planned with activities for everyone in the family. Enjoy creative workshops like leather crafting and terrarium making, or have fun in the water with stand-up paddling and Paw-ddle Kayaking for you and your furry friends!
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast
(MCI Photo by Liu Ying)

441727479_1018518749633859_2509042766640157107_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK joined residents from Sunflower RC to pick up tips on a healthier lifestyle. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Joined residents from Sunflower RC to pick up tips on a healthier lifestyle, such as staying active and preparing delicious meals with healthier ingredients like brown rice, low-sodium salt and vegetables. I am heartened that many residents have enrolled with #HealthierSG, and I hope that many more will take steps to lead a healthier lifestyle.
I also met residents from Lucky Oak RN, who shared with me that they were looking forward to the opening of Bayshore MRT station in less than a month. Thank you to partners from Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving for engaging residents on the TEL Stage 4. Good to see everyone, including the little ones trying out the canvas pouch craftwork, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions!
We Love Bedok
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK is grateful to SCDF. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
A fire broke out at 38 Bedok South Road on Saturday, involving a power-assisted bicycle.
Grateful that the Singapore Civil Defence Force was able to put out the fire quickly, and no one was injured.
SCDF and grassroots volunteers visited residents yesterday to remind them about fire safety tips, such as avoiding non-original batteries for electric bicycles, and to refrain from overcharging batteries.
I urge everyone to take precautions when purchasing and handling electric bicycles and PMDs. Together, we can ensure the safety of our community.
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to meet New Zealand’s Minister of Defence and Minister of Science, Innovation and Technology Judith Collins. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Singapore and New Zealand have been trusted friends for nearly 60 years. As small, open economies and like-minded partners, we work together closely in many areas such as defence, trade and supply chain connectivity, and sustainability. In fact, New Zealand was the first country with which Singapore signed a bilateral Free Trade Agreement, back in 2000!
Happy to meet New Zealand’s Minister of Defence and Minister of Science, Innovation and Technology Judith Collins, who is here to attend Asia Tech x Singapore and the Shangri-La Dialogue. We had a good discussion on further deepening collaborations in science and technology as we work towards elevating the Singapore-New Zealand Enhanced Partnership. By building stronger linkages between our research and innovation ecosystems, we can better tackle shared challenges in areas like food security, public health and clean energy for the benefit of our peoples.
I wish Minister Collins and her delegation a fruitful visit to Singapore!
(MCI Photo by Timothy David)
May be an image of 2 people and newsroom

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to meet Chongqing Mayor Hu Henghua. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Happy to meet Chongqing Mayor Hu Henghua, who is in Singapore for a 4-day official visit.
We had a fruitful discussion on the latest development plans for Chongqing and Western China. This is a fast-growing region that is rich in human and natural capital, and strategically located on trade routes to Central Asia and Europe.
We also exchanged views on how we could strengthen collaboration under the Chongqing Connectivity Initiative (CCI), in areas such as digitalisation and sustainability. The CCI is the third Government-to-Government project between Singapore and China, and will celebrate its 10th anniversary next year.
As we approach this significant milestone, I look forward to stronger ties between our people and businesses.
(MCI Photo by Timothy David)

445533236_1021115646040836_2985339585238892478_n.jpg