• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

E2i to be named after former president D

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - E2i to be named after former president D</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>degro <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:56 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>49586.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>E2i to be named after former president Devan Nair!!
to win this current GE , pap willingly to do anything liao. b4 7th May if we happen to bump into any pappies during their walkabout , can ask them kneel down n beg ? or ask them to give me a BJ like dat dragon do ?
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapor...to-be-named-after-former-president-Devan-Nair
The new e2i campus at Jurong Lake will be named after Singapore's former President, the late Mr C V Devan Nair (picture).
This was announced by Mr Lim Swee Say, secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), at the NTUC's 50th anniversary May Day Rally yesterday.
In his tribute to Mr Nair, who was the NTUC's founding secretary-general, Mr Lim said Mr Nair "paid a pivotal role in the birth and growth of NTUC".
"The labour movement would not be where we are today, if not for his pioneering leadership," said Mr Lim, who described Mr Nair as a labour movement leader who "stood out like a giant".
Mr Nair's son, Mr Janadas Devan, was present at the May Day Rally yesterday.
Mr Lim said Mr Nair's family is "deeply touched by this gesture" by the NTUC.
Mr Lim read out the family's response to the naming of the e2i campus. It said: "We cannot imagine a more appropriate institution to name after our father."
"Naming such an institution - an NTUC-inspired body dedicated to continuing education for workers - after Devan Nair is a fitting tribute to his generation of pioneers." Ong Dai Lin
</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=center> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This must be the most shameless attempt at winning the Indian vote. Well, I hope everyone remembers the even more shameful demolition of Devan Nair when he was alive.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
This must be the most shameless attempt at winning the Indian vote. Well, I hope everyone remembers the even more shameful demolition of Devan Nair when he was alive.

Until I came across this post, not a single Indian I spoke to yesterday gave it a mention let alone infer it was an attempt to buy the Indian vote. You must have a pretty low opinion of Indians to think they can be cheaply bought to even think of naming a building after an ex-President as such.

Most Indians not only know about the PAP antics but are wary of charlatan wannabe PAP like Worker's Party.

-

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did I say the PAPzis would succeed in winning ('buying' is your word) the Indian vote? I only said the PAPzis were trying.

Until I came across this post, not a single Indian I spoke to yesterday gave it a mention let alone infer it was an attempt to buy the Indian vote. You must have a pretty low opinion of Indians to think they can be cheaply bought to even think of naming a building after an ex-President as such.

Most Indians not only know about the PAP antics but are wary of charlatan wannabe PAP like Worker's Party.

-

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
This must be the most shameless attempt at winning the Indian vote.

Nah! It won't work because local Indians do not regard Devan Nair as an Indian leader. The few Indians I spoke to questioned, "What had he done for the Indians?" In their view, he was a just a PAP guy who happened to be an Indian.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I say the PAPzis would succeed in winning ('buying' is your word) the Indian vote? I only said the PAPzis were trying.

If this was even an attempt by the PAP, they would have named it - Joshua Benjamin Jeyarathnam.

Even then the Indians would not be impressed.

-