• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Duterte Video: Pse Shoot Me If I Became LKY!

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/p...m/news-story/9ef03b9f51180fe129be78383e22b323

Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte instructs military to shoot him if he seeks a second term
PHILIPPINES President Rodrigo Duterte orders the military to gun him down if he becomes a tyrant amid talks to extend the terms of all elected officials.

Reuters and staff writers
News Corp Australia NetworkJanuary 23, 201812:51am
0:00
/
1:44
Philippines shuts U.S. call center after deadly fire
aa041747d26c262053920e9a8dfc459a

Ads by Kiosked
PHILIPPINE president Rodrigo Duterte has instructed the army and police to shoot him in the event that he becomes a dictator and stays on beyond one term.

The firebrand leader sought to dispel speculation that he had ordered loyalists in Congress to change the constitution to introduce a federal system that would let him stay in power beyond 2022, when his single term ends.

14c88573a60ce1e7154e58a722983448

Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte has instructed the army and police to shoot him if he stays on beyond his one term. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Ads by Kiosked
“If I overstay and wanted to become a dictator, shoot me, I am not joking,” Mr Duterte told soldiers during an army base visit, adding that security forces should not allow anybody to manipulate or alter the constitution.

“It is your job to protect the constitution and to protect the people. Remember, it is your solemn duty.”

81818fe0817024870352ad6a39d15373

Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte raises a clenched fist, as he declares Marawi "liberated" from terrorists on October 17, 2017. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Ads by Kiosked
Mr Duterte has advocated federalism — combining the central government with regional governments — to tackle the country’s inequality, empower provinces and recognise the Philippines’ diverse makeup.

Last week, his lower house allies voted to convene a constituent assembly to revise the charter by May, scrapping midterm elections next year and extending the terms of all elected officials.

662ab12a0b514877a71e03dd88a47c81

Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte has instructed armed forces to shoot him if he seeks a second term. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Constitutional reform has been a divisive issue in the Philippines, with critics accusing politicians of trying to prolong their stay in office, or of seeking a way for the hugely popular Mr Duterte to cling to power beyond the end of his term.

44147f39fb8eded085337c8805925959

Activists burn an effigy in protest against President Rodrigo Duterte’s drug war killings and what they say is a slide to tyranny. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Opponents warn it could lead to a repeat of the oppressive rule of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos, saying they are troubled by Mr Duterte’s admiration for Marcos and his similar authoritarian traits, which include support for the extrajudicial killing of drug users and other criminals.

7ab943fa3cfcf77b48ed1797988fb32a

Journalists and supporters display placards during a protest in favour of the freedom of press in Manila on January 19, 2018. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Mr Duterte has drawn criticism and inspired protests recently for gagging the free press with the forced closure of Rappler, the only news media outlet in the Philippines that offered critical reporting of Mr Duterte’s regime.

0520f2e865f4dd4577d995b48fa7e737

Maria Resser, CEO of Rappler, a Philippine news website threatened with closure by the Duterte government. Picture: AFPSource:AFP

Rappler chief executive Maria Ressa appeared before state investigators in Manila on January 22 over a defamation complaint which she decried as part of President Rodrigo Duterte’s concerted attack on press freedom.

Duterte has also sought to distance the Philippines from the US and European nations and forge closer ties with China and Russia.

c4a1e4a7b3aa2d4dd3915d8d6050b15c

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte (left) shakes hands with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing, China. Picture: GettySource:Getty Images

https://www.rappler.com/nation/194253-duterte-shoot-me-term-extension-military-police

Duterte to military, police: Shoot me if I extend my term
Shooting him before he becomes a dictator is part of the AFP's and PNP's 'solemn duty' to protect the Constitution, says President Rodrigo Duterte

Pia Ranada
@piaranada
Published 4:40 PM, January 22, 2018
Updated 4:40 PM, January 22, 2018
twitter
reddit
email

Duterte-NPA-Surrenderees-Jan-21-2018-001_2A9E525EAFB1436FB6D8BAEBF1CD6E8C.jpg

NO TO TERM EXTENSION? President Rodrigo Duterte says he doesn't want a term extension, even as allies say it may be 'necessary.' Malacañang file photo

MANILA, Philippines – To prove he has no intention of going beyond his 6-year term, President Rodrigo Duterte told the military and police to shoot him if he extends his term even by just one day.

He made this declaration on Monday, January 22, to an audience of soldiers in Mawab, Compostela Valley.

"Bago pa sumobra, gusto ko magdiktador, barilin ninyo ako," said Duterte. (Even before it gets out of hand, if I want to become a dictator, shoot me.)

He said it was the "solemn duty" of the military and police to "protect the Constitution."

"If I extend my term even by just one day, I am now asking the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the PNP (Philippine National Police) not to allow me or anybody else to mess up with the Constitution," said Duterte.

He even instructed soldiers to use up all their ammunition to neutralize him if he stays President longer than the Constitution allows.

Duterte's allies, including Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III, said it may be "necessary" for the President to extend his term during the transitory period when the country adopts a federal form of government.

The President's order for him to be shot if he violates the Constitution may be an empty threat if a new Constitution, ratified by the Filipino people, allows him to still be president.

Duterte has said he does not want an extension of his term, which will end in 2022. (READ: No term extension for Duterte? 'Sino'ng niloko nila?' says De Lima) – Rappler.com

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am inclined to believe him. Time will tell. In any case, he would've made all the right moves and contacts to ensure he lives luxuriously for the rest of his life after he steps down.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am inclined to believe him. Time will tell. In any case, he would've made all the right moves and contacts to ensure he lives luxuriously for the rest of his life after he steps down.
He can follow wat the short woman did. Become Congressman or senator or become mayor or governor etc...jobs for the boys n immunity from prosecution.