• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Duterte says the truth, War with PLA means Pinoy Troops wiped out, and he will get executed.

war is best form of peace

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/china/2018-06-07/doc-ihcqccip7432159.shtml

杜特尔特:出兵南海等于要士兵自杀 人民会处决我
2018年06月07日 07:19 环球时报

来源:环球时报

原标题:杜特尔特:出兵南海等于要士兵自杀,人民会处决我!

[环球时报综合报道]菲律宾总统杜特尔特5日晚在机场被记者问及南海议题时说,出兵南海等于要士兵们去自杀,“你们认为士兵们会听我的命令吗?菲律宾武装部队宁愿废黜我,也不会让士兵送死。”“如果士兵全都死在南海,谁要负责?人民会把我处决。”

《菲律宾星报》称,杜特尔特5日还被问到如何看待“菲向仁爱礁驻岛士兵提供补给遭中国军机骚扰”一事,杜特尔特表示,没听说过。

菲议员近日称海军向仁爱礁提供补给时,遭中国军机“危险接近”。仁爱礁是中国南沙群岛的一个环礁,1999年菲律宾以军舰搁浅为由长期霸占。

Duterte: Sending troops to the South China Sea is equal to killing soldiers. The people will execute me.
June 07, 2018 07:19 Global Times

Source: Global Times

Original title: Duterte: Sending troops to the South China Sea is equal to killing a soldier. The people will execute me!

[Global Times Comprehensive Report] Philippine President Duterte was asked by reporters on the South China Sea issue at the airport on the evening of the evening on the evening of the 5th. Sending troops to the South China Sea is equal to asking the soldiers to commit suicide. "Do you think the soldiers will listen to my orders? The Philippine Armed Forces I would rather depose me and will not let the soldiers die." "If the soldiers all died in the South China Sea, who would be responsible? The people will execute me."

According to the “Philippine Star”, Duterte was also asked on the 5th how to treat “The Philippine supplies to the Renai Reef Soldiers on the island were harassed by the Chinese military aircraft.” Duterte said that he had never heard of it.

The Philippine politician recently said that when the Navy provided supplies to Renai Jiao, it was "dangerously approached" by Chinese military aircraft. Renaijiao is an atoll of the Nansha Islands in China. In 1999, the Philippines took up long-term occupation on the grounds that the ships were stranded.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/06/07/1822331/duterte-war-china-committing-suicide

gen12-president-duterte-korea_2018-06-06_22-56-13.jpg

Duterte said the military and police would defy him if he asks them to go to war over the maritime row.
Presidential Communications Photo
Duterte: War with China is like committing suicide
48shares030
Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - June 7, 2018 - 12:00am
MANILA, Philippines — Security forces would grab power and take over the government if ordered to go to war with China over the South China Sea dispute, President Duterte said yesterday.

Duterte said the military and police would defy him if he asks them to go to war over the maritime row.

Doing so would be like committing “suicide,” he said.

“They are not prepared to go into a suicide. You would rather dispense of me rather than lose their soldiers unnecessarily and needlessly. If I tell the military and the police, ‘go there, commit suicide,’ do you think they will follow me?” the President told reporters at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 late Tuesday.

“If I were the general, and you order me to go there, commit suicide with my troops, I will tell you ‘f*** you. Why do I have to do that?” he added.

Duterte said he would end up losing the presidency and being executed if he allows policemen and soldiers to die in a war that the Philippines cannot win.

“Can I rely on anybody’s help? If all of my soldiers die there and all of the policemen to assist them, the Philippines is disgraced. Who will be liable? I. The people will execute me right at the Luneta...If I do that, I am inviting trouble within my country or the military and police will oust me,” he added.

Duterte said there is no assurance that the security forces would return the power to civilians once they take over the government.

“How many times did the military intervene in this country? Are you sure that this time they will give it back to the civilians?” he said.

“There’s a lesson to be learned, every coup d’état or every change of radical ways of removing an official of government. Are you sure the military will comply if it means a massacre right there on the beach of Palawan?”

Duterte remains passive amid the public outcry for him to assert the country’s maritime claims against China.

China claims about 90 percent of the South China Sea but this is being disputed by the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan.

In 2016, an international arbitral tribunal ruled in favor of a petition by the Philippines and voided China’s expansive claim. China has refused to recognize the ruling, calling it illegal and a mere piece of paper.

Duterte has said he was ready to set aside the arbitral decision to improve the Philippines’ ties with China.

Critics have accused the President of abandoning the Philippines’ interests in the South China Sea in exchange for Chinese aid but the President denied this, saying he would not give up even an inch of Philippine territory to China.

Duterte reiterated that declaring war with China would only result in a “massacre” of Filipino soldiers.

“I am not prepared to lose my soldiers and policeman for a simple adventurism,” he said.

Clueless
Asked to confirm reports that he got angry when Chinese ships harassed Filipino troops on a resupply mission to Ayungin Shoal, Duterte said he was not aware of the incident.

“This is the first time I’ve heard of it,” Duterte said.

“It would be dangerous for me to answer questions without really having the slightest idea of what it is all about,” he added.

Last month, presidential spokesman Harry Roque confirmed that the Philippines has filed a diplomatic protest against China but declined to elaborate.

Roque made the confirmation after opposition lawmaker Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano revealed that a Philippine Navy ship delivering supply to soldiers stationed on Ayungin Shoal were harassed by the Chinese Coast Guard and naval forces.

Roque did not give specifics about the incident but maintained the President would not give up the Philippines’ rights in the South China Sea. – With Michael Punongbayan

https://www.rappler.com/nation/203118-duterte-war-only-alternative-way-with-china

Duterte insists war only alternative to dealing with China
Yet various experts say there are other options aside from war and 'subservience' to China

Pia Ranada
@piaranada
Published 6:20 PM, May 22, 2018
Updated 4:41 PM, May 24, 2018
facebook
twitter
reddit
email

ACE_9_2FBEF46E052F4D56BA9737676BD01FD7.jpg

DEALING WITH CHINA. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte walks alongside Chinese President Xi Jinping during a visit to Hainan province in April 2018. Malacañang file photo

MANILA, Philippines – After criticism of his administration's "weak" response to Chinese bombers landing in South China Sea islands, President Rodrigo Duterte reiterated his belief that he has no other choice but to stay on China's good side as the only other option is to go to war.

"I cannot afford at this time to go to war. I cannot go to a battle which I cannot win and would only result in the destruction and probably a lot of losses for our Armed Forces," said Duterte on Tuesday, May 22.

He was giving a speech at the anniversary of the Philippine Navy, a branch of the military closely involved in defending Philippine sovereignty in the West Philippine Sea.

Duterte reassured the Navy that if he had his way, he would assert the country's claim to the West Philippine Sea, a claim being challenged by China even after a landmark international ruling affirmed it.

"Ako, gusto ko (Me, I want to). I really want to do something to assert," said Duterte.

He also spoke of his "desire to defend, but at the same time, not to make any move that would be destructive to the nation."

The Philippine President even said that he prefers the "violent" option but that he isn't prepared to take this route.

"In my simple calculation, I would have taken a stronger but probably a more violent way of doing it and I said, in my own estimation, it will be a great loss to the nation," he said.

Options other than war

Various experts have reiterated that war and "subservience" to China are not the only options open to Duterte. (READ: 5 ways Duterte can defend Scarborough without going to war)

Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio and former foreign secretary Albert del Rosario, for example, called on the government to file a diplomatic protest against China. (READ: Talk to China or go to war? 'False option,' Carpio says)

Vietnam, which claims the islands where Chinese bombers landed, has done this.

Del Rosario also said one step is for the Philippines to improve its defense posture and revisit its foreign policy.

Duterte earlier stressed the need to "remain meek and humble" to receive the "mercy" of the likes of Chinese President Xi Jinping. – Rappler.com

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pinoys can send a million poor boys to their death. prc cannot stomach sending only sons to do jackshit. prc for now is all talk all show and no balls.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these china bullshit started with fidel ramos closed down the US bases at clarks and subic bay.
Philippines were dependent on them. When they were closed, philippines not prepared to defend.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
This just proves Duturdte is a coward. A president is supposed to protect a nations sovereignty not give it up.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US is impotent that's all! Philippines though poor booted the US because they were not doing enough for their former colony; impoverishing them and making them lose their dignity.

Taksama_b_l

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these china bullshit started with fidel ramos closed down the US bases at clarks and subic bay.
Philippines were dependent on them. When they were closed, philippines not prepared to defend.

People with childish false believes of sovereignty freedom and democratic rights are alway naive and will never learn the truth.

Earth is NEVER such a place like the world map dividing planet into colorful patches known as countries and each with independent sovereignty rights as the primary school's books said.

It is superpower overriding all, and new superpower kill the old superpower and take all again - until the next change.

All the peasants have no rights are most of them are supposed to die, and only had lived on mercy of superpowers. Peasants are stupid and pampered and dumb fuck governments squandered resources to pamper them - ruining whole planet. Someone should just fire 50K Nuke warheads to each cities and erase all these ugly problems for once and for all.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not easy for china to invade philippines. Jungle warfare is messy. Just take the maritime area is sufficient.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not easy for china to invade philippines. Jungle warfare is messy. Just take the maritime area is sufficient.

Not a chance at all because China has no such intention to invade any country. History provides the evidence! It's the other way round. Many countries have invaded China. The west controls the media and churn out fake news to promote its own self interests and discredit others!

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a chance at all because China has no such intention to invade any country. History provides the evidence! It's the other way round. Many countries have invaded China. The west controls the media and churn out fake news to promote its own self interests and discredit others!
U must be dreaming. ah tiong land will seek to conquer the world economically n militarily. Look at how skewed their policies are. And don't forget they invaded Tibet and force their way to absorb HK and Macau. They are nothing but bullies. U say they got invaded b4..so now they are invading others.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not dreaming but I am hallucinating actually! I hope that China will one day conquer the world economically. By the way HK and Macau were Chinese territories but forcibly taken away from them by the Brits and Portuguese. Tibet was annexed not invaded. I heard the majority of Tibetans were happy to be under Chinese rule. The vocal minority are the same as IS terrorists backed by the West.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not dreaming but I am hallucinating actually! I hope that China will one day conquer the world economically. By the way HK and Macau were Chinese territories but forcibly taken away from them by the Brits and Portuguese. Tibet was annexed not invaded. I heard the majority of Tibetans were happy to be under Chinese rule. The vocal minority are the same as IS terrorists backed by the West.
Taiwan was never chinese territory. It was part of japan and before that, europeans documents state that it was aboriginal before chinese labourers were imported to help build infrastructure.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taiwan was never chinese territory. It was part of japan and before that, europeans documents state that it was aboriginal before chinese labourers were imported to help build infrastructure.

Taiwan is given or restored to the Republic of China by the two most important agreements of ww2 - 1943 Cairo Declaration and 1945 Potsdam Declaration.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China historically invaded neighboring countries mainly because of national security and military concerns, to protect itself. the real conquerors are the white men like the British, Americans and Europeans who traveled thousands of miles by sea on their warships to invade and colonize Asian countries.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duterte says if want to commit suicide can start war with PLA.

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2018-06-19/doc-iheauxvz4477968.shtml

菲律宾总统:和中国开战只有一个结果 所有人都玩完
2018年06月19日 10:57 海外网

来源:海外网

ndkA-heauxvz4477655.jpg

菲律宾总统杜特尔特(马尼拉公报)

海外网6月19日电 菲律宾总统杜特尔特在一场演讲中强调,中国不是好欺负的“软柿子”,自己不会去跟中国打一场赢不了的战争,若开战,所有人都会“玩完”,而与中国合作,则会有好事发生。

据菲律宾星报报道,菲律宾国内反对派此前批评杜特尔特“对中国过于软弱”,而杜特尔特18日在帕赛市发表演讲时回应称,自己不会去跟中国打一场赢不了的战争,这只是让菲律宾的士兵和警察白白送死。杜特尔特质问反对派“你们想要我怎么做?非要我对中国采取什么挑衅态度吗?”

杜特尔特向媒体表示,在南海问题上,中国的立场非常坚决,“但如果和中国谈话,他们会听”,他还重申,自己不会与中国交战,中国可不是个好欺负的“软柿子”,不能威吓中国,即便换成是美国,也会有一丝恐惧。

菲总统宣称,“如果跟中国宣战,只会有一个结果,所有核弹都爆炸了,所有人也都玩完了”。对他而言,与中国合作才是对菲律宾有益的行为,“我敢肯定,与中国合作会有好事发生”,菲媒认为这是在暗示中菲两国就共同开发南海资源展开紧密合作一事。

此前,个别菲律宾媒体炒作南海问题,攻击杜特尔特的态度“软弱”,对此,菲律宾外长卡耶塔诺表示,外界频繁指责中国在南海“军事化”是不公平的,“如果有不止一个国家在军事化,不止是岛屿,如果有大批海军在该海域游弋,这算军事化吗?所以,我们甚至对‘军事化’都没有定义”。CNN称,菲外长此番话的背景是,美国海军刚刚在南海又进行了“航行自由”行动。

中国外交部发言人耿爽4月11日也就中菲关系强调,中方一贯致力于同直接有关当事国通过谈判磋商和平解决南海有关争议,争议最终解决前,中方愿同有关当事国开展各领域的务实合作,包括“搁置争议,共同开发”共同开发不影响双方对有关问题各自法律立场。

当前,在中菲共同努力下,两国关系健康稳定发展,各领域务实合作顺利推进。两国领导人昨天(4月10日)再次成功会晤,为两国继续妥善处理南海有关问题、推进海上合作作出战略指引。中方愿与菲方共同努力,落实好两国领导人重要共识精神,共同推动和深化在南海的海上务实合作,争取早日实现联合勘探和共同开发,造福两国和两国人民。(海外网 杨佳

President of the Philippines: There is only one result of the war with China.
June 19, 2018 10:57 Overseas Net

Source: Overseas Network

Philippines President Duterte (Manila Bulletin)

Overseas Network, June 19, Philippine President Duterte emphasized in a speech that China is not a bully “soft persimmon” and that it will not go to war with China to win a war. If we go to war, everyone will "Finish" and cooperate with China, there will be good things happen.

According to reports from the Philippine Star, the Filipino domestic opposition had previously criticized Duterte for being “too weak for China”, and Duterte responded by saying in his speech on the 18th in Pasay City that he would not go to fight with China. Incompetent wars only caused the Philippine soldiers and police to die. Dutte asked the opposition "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to take any provocative attitude towards China?"

Duterte told the media that China’s position on the South China Sea issue is very firm. "But if they talk to China, they will listen." He also reiterated that he will not engage in war with China. China is not a soft bully. "Persimmons" cannot intimidate China. Even if it is replaced by the United States, there will be a slight fear.

The Philippine president declared: "If you declare war on China, there will only be one result. All nuclear bombs will explode and everyone will have finished playing." For him, cooperation with China is a beneficial act for the Philippines. "I'm sure that cooperation with China will have a good thing to happen." Filipino media believes this is suggesting that China and the Philippines are working closely together to jointly develop the South China Sea resources. .

Earlier, individual Filipino media hyped the South China Sea issue and attacked Duterte’s attitude of “weakness”. In response, Philippine Foreign Minister Cayetano said that outsiders frequently criticized China’s “militarization” in the South China Sea as unfair. “If there is more A country is militarized, not just an island. If there is a large number of navy cruising in the sea, is this militarization? Therefore, we do not even define "militarization." CNN stated that the background of the Philippine Foreign Minister's remarks is that the US Navy has just carried out the “Freedom of Navigation” action in the South China Sea.

On April 11th, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Nguyen Shuang also emphasized that China’s relations with China and the Philippines have always been committed to negotiating and peacefully resolving disputes in the South China Sea through negotiations with the countries concerned. Before the dispute is finally resolved, the Chinese side is ready to carry out negotiations with the countries concerned. Pragmatic cooperation in various fields, including the "shelving of disputes and joint development" of joint development, will not affect both parties' respective legal positions on related issues.

At present, with the joint efforts of China and the Philippines, the relations between the two countries have developed in a healthy and stable manner and pragmatic cooperation in various fields has been progressing smoothly. The leaders of the two countries successfully met again yesterday (April 10) to provide strategic guidance for the two countries to continue to properly handle relevant issues in the South China Sea and promote maritime cooperation. China is willing to make joint efforts with the Philippine side to implement the important consensus of the leaders of the two countries, jointly promote and deepen the pragmatic cooperation in the South China Sea, and strive to achieve joint exploration and joint development at an early date so as to benefit the two countries and their peoples. (Overseas network