• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Durian + Burger, Maggi Mee, BKT, Milo, Nasi Lemak, Fries, Fried Rice, Vodka, Chicken Hotpot

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Musang King Burger & 9 More Bizarre Combos Nobody Should Be Doing With Durian
BY SAMANTHA KHOR — 12 JUL 2019

over image via ASEAN Cultural Week Facebook / Penang Foodie
  • We can feel our arteries getting clogged just by looking at this.
    A restaurant in Penang recently made many a jaw drop after a video by food blog Penang Foodie featuring its Musang King Burger went viral on social media.
    • 1c36.jpg

Image viaRic's Burger Facebook
    • Dubbed the "First in Malaysia", the heart-stopping combo of durian and cheese is the brainchild of Ric's Burger, a burger joint in Bayan Lepas, Penang and costs RM25.90 per pop.
  • Not only is the burger drenched with a super thick melted cheese and durian sauce, the patty itself is made with Musang King durian stuffed with mozzarella cheese and butter
    • 5e08.gif
      GIF
      Image viaPenang Foodie
    • The patty is then coated with egg and breadcrumbs before being deep-fried and topped with the aforementioned rich sauce. Methinks that's a nose bleed waiting to happen.
  • While we're at it, let's take a look at these bizarre instances a perfectly good piece of durian was paired with savoury foods:
  • 1. Durian in Maggi Kari
  • 2. Durian bak kut teh
  • 3. Milo Kaw Cheese Durian drink
    • 2436.jpg

Image viaCheese Banjir
    • You have Cheese Banjir, a restaurant at Desa Pandan, Kuala Lumpur to thank for this nosebleed-inducing concoction.
  • 4. Nasi lemak with durian sambal
  • 5. Nasi lemak with fried durian
  • 6. Fries with musang king cheese sauce
  • 7. Fried rice with durian
  • 8. Durian-infused vodka
    • 6b91.jpg

Image viaThe Locker & Loft Facebook
    • It's actually part of a cocktail called The King (also contains Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico hazelnut liqueur, orgeat almond syrup, vanilla ice cream, and cinnamon powder) at The Locker & Loft at Damansara Kim, Petaling Jaya.
  • 9. Durian chicken hot pot
    • 1a0d.jpg

Image viatripzilla.com
    • The killer dish - a signature offering at Da Long Feng Ji Bao in Guangzhou, China - went viral in 2016 when vlogger The Food Ranger featured it in video

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This durian thing is going overboard.

Picture credit: Malay Mail and 2019/Facebook

Melaka durian cendol seller thanks netizen for soaring sales after bad publicity went viral
Fun
Tasneem Nazari
July 15, 2019

cendol durianraja cendol taming sariviral

Several months ago, a post of someone complaining about being billed RM114 for three bowls of Musang King durian cendol went viral on Facebook.
However, instead of criticising the stall and its owner, netizens stood up for the cendol stall saying those prices were reasonable considering the market price for the premium fruit.

Capture-5.jpg

Capture-3.jpg

“Am I the only one who feels like these prices are cheap? It’s Musang King ok, not the durian behind your house that’s been thrown into that bowl of cendol.”

“This is considered cheap la. I’d buy five bowls if I was there. Come all lets go there for some cendol? I can’t wait to eat some myself!”

“The durian is of Musang King type. Of course it’s going to be expensive. I’d just order cendol with a little bit of durian ice cream. That would cost at most RM8 per bowl. And it’s still satisfying!”

26195360_240401206498620_7747695083753236636_n.jpg
Picture credit: Oriental Daily
Owner of the stall, Muhammad Ariff Qayyum Mohd Zamri, 25, said that since the post went viral, his sales soared even further.

“I’m so thankful the matter went viral. Now more people know about my stall and I’ve many more customers. My workers and I have never been busier.”
Muhammad Ariff Qayyum Mohd Zamri via The Star​
Instead of being salty for the bad publicity, he thanked the netizen instead, clarifying that his stall, Raja Cendol Taming Sari, clearly advertises it’s prices both inside and outside its premises.
sddefault.jpg
Picture credit: Berita Harian
After the issue was widely shared online, Melaka’s division of the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs also agreed with Muhammad Ariff.
“To me, there is no issue. Even the trader in question has stated the price for each cendol and it is up to customers to choose the cendol that they can afford.”
Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Melaka director, Jaiya Abu, via Malay Mail​
Division director Jaiya Abu explained that his office received a complaint over the RM114 price, however, when officials were sent to investigate the store, they found that the stall did not break any rules.
51552700_446818605856878_449013370230669312_n.jpg
Prior to the fuss, Raja Cendol Taming Sari generated an average monthly income of RM90,000 that would swell to RM150,000 a month during the school holidays. (Walao, we also want to sell durian cendol la liddis.)
IMG_1095-1024x1024.jpg
While his Musang King cendol is the favourite among his customers, Muhammad Ariff also offers Udang Merah cendol (RM20/bowl), D24 cendol (RM20), hybrid durian cendol (RM17) and normal cendol (RM7) alongside several other local snacks.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Singapore news today | EX-DURIAN SELLER REVEALS DIRTY TRICKS OF THE TRADE, WARNS DURIAN LOVERS TO BE CAREFUL
www.allsingaporestuff.com

Submitted by farhan on Sat, 05/08/2017 - 11:05am
durian_lover_read_beware_warnings_1.jpg
<Facebook warning by Meslan Tarseelim>
Must Read

Hello Durian Lovers

I was a durian seller for more 30 years since 1960's.
I am revealing some durian sellers dirty tricks & the quality of the durians. This year the durians are very expensive & hope readers will decide after reading it.
1) never buy durian from display packaging pack why? becos the seller will assemble overnight or half spoilt durians into packaging pack & sell at fixed price. Actually overnight durians are almost worthless & easily get bad.If the durians taste sour pls stop eating & throw away the pack.

2) pls do not eat branded durians like Mao Shan Wang/D24/red prawns & others why? the durian farmers will spray toxic chemicals at the tree roots/bark & durians to prevent flying fox/snake/insects & others from attacking their expensive durians.As a result you can hardly see housefly & ants at the durian stalls nowadays.

3) FYI I lost 2 good friends ( died from throats cancer) by eating branded durians for few years. I did warn them Just try to eat Mao Shan Wang/D24/red prawns & others you can straight away feel the burning sensation at your throat during your sleep or next morning.This indicate the toxic chemical are working. Another gd example to confirm the above that there are no housefly or ants attacking the durian packaging sale pack although the durians are very sweet. Just check it yourself.

4) pls buy durians without any pre-opening why? the durians fell from trees snakes/insects will try to eat/attack at any opening of the durians---not safe

Made sure your durians are open in front of you & any pre-opening pls do not accept as the sellers are always tricky. They try to pass the bad one to you & after all they are businessman.( I know all their dirty tricks like using hand gloves or cloth to cover the durians & pretend to open it------actually the durians are already opened or pretend sweet talk to distract you)

Pls check all your buy durians before paying( they can switch them very fast) & also check their weighting machines.After all the durians is like the price of gold.

5) pls do not eat any durian cakes/pudding/deserts as the owners buy the cheapest quality.

P/S watch out for more update news.
Good luck & enjoy it

Credit: Sadiah Mohammed
Gambar sekadar sekadar hiasan tiada Kena mengena dengan artikel kecuali buah durian.
#durians

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/Penyair.Rimba.Meslan.Tarseelim/posts/6818352253...
Editor's Note:
Do you have a story to share? Please use our submission form or email us at [email protected]. If not, why not give us a 'Like'?