• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dun fuck with this ah neh...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun noe abt u guys, but this coi looks more like a witch hunting initiative to me, rather than an objective look on the issue at hand. The committee seems more interested in purposely finding faults in the officer, with the ultimate intention of pushing all the blame to them lol.

This coi is nothing more than a scapegoat finding ceremony.

I don't fuck care who they eventually pin the fault on.

What's important is those responsible MUST PAY FOR THE DAMAGES.

Don't tell me tax payers must foot the bill for shoddy police work?!!??

How much do 3 police cars and an ambulance cost? Please deduct that from the mata's monthly pay.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shorty is now behaving as if he was seepay xai when he was CP. From what I know, several major cases/incidents got him panicky. Still, most steady was Goh Yong Hong.

He probably gets edgy when accusations of poorly trained surface, as it could reflect on his legacy. Hence the near personal-level tekan

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed that during all the COI interrogations of the senior SPF personnel, they all refer to the rioters as the "crowd". Their lawyer had already coached them in what to say. Not once did they mention "mob", "rioters", or "unruly". They always refer to them as a crowd. The COI panel should stop them from using this word, and instead use the word "rioters". A bunch of people going to attend the NDP is a "crowd". A bunch of people throwing projectiles, injuring officers, burning police cars and ambulances are not a crowd, they are "rioters".

Interesting obsevation. Likely coached by DPP. Could also be instructions from top police mgmt. I am sure tbere's a team monitoring and reporting COI proceedings to CP and his kakis.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Agree. Being honestly blunt with words will hamper your career in ISD. You need to speak what your bosses want to hear. It's their organizational culture. In a bigger entity, less chance of being victimised if you are honestly blunt.

ISD is totally different kettle of fish from SPF lah. ANy graft complains come in, you have to first clear it with one of Gay Loong's perm sec. before you can proceed with the investigation mah. Skali u investigate one of his relatives or minister's relatives or PAP cronys by accident, than you will kena hanta kaki until the cows come home. Conversely, if you are instructed to investigate some one by the PMO, whether the chap is innocent or not, u lan lan better find some shit on him. Must be in their KPI; how many whackings of political opponents this year.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ISD is totally different kettle of fish from SPF lah. ANy graft complains come in, you have to first clear it with one of Gay Loong's perm sec. before you can proceed with the investigation mah. Skali u investigate one of his relatives or minister's relatives or PAP cronys by accident, than you will kena hanta kaki until the cows come home. Conversely, if you are instructed to investigate some one by the PMO, whether the chap is innocent or not, u lan lan better find some shit on him. Must be in their KPI; how many whackings of political opponents this year.

Bro, graft cases not ISD. It's CPIB's baby.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Interesting obsevation. Likely coached by DPP. Could also be instructions from top police mgmt. I am sure tbere's a team monitoring and reporting COI proceedings to CP and his kakis.

Please, they have all been coached. And not only coached, they all when through many rehearsals already before they walked into the COI. All the COI questions have been put to them in mock sessions. Its highly possible that some one in the COI leaked the questions out the senior SPF personnel being asked to testify. That's why all the answers seem the same. i.e. we hold to avoid further casualties and wait for the SOC to arrive. Are you shitting me? All the ground commanders that night had the same uniformity of thought? WHat are the odds of that? Not one SPF in a leadership role that night said he wanted to charge the rioters, or that he wanted to shoot them, or that he wanted to commandeer a SBS bus and drive it into the rioters? What? They are all twins from the same mother and telepathically connected? Bullshit. If it smells like bullshit, tastes like bullshit, looks like bullshit, it must be bullshit.

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now just waiting for this one to tell his story.

395JooHee.jpg

Last edited:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
COI's job is simple, find out what happened. If the officers had followed the SOP, nothing will happen to them. It only means the SOP needs to be reviewed.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
COI's job is simple, find out what happened. If the officers had followed the SOP, nothing will happen to them. It only means the SOP needs to be reviewed.

Well, that makes it even worse, right? They have had over 30 years to refine and perfect the SOP for riots and if they had followed it, I guess the SOP was totally useless after all. Over 30s years to develop an SOP that was shit useless, well that has to fall on someone's head. Now, if they did not follow the SOP, well, that is another matter.

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that during all the COI interrogations of the senior SPF personnel, they all refer to the rioters as the "crowd". Their lawyer had already coached them in what to say. Not once did they mention "mob", "rioters", or "unruly". They always refer to them as a crowd. The COI panel should stop them from using this word, and instead use the word "rioters". A bunch of people going to attend the NDP is a "crowd". A bunch of people throwing projectiles, injuring officers, burning police cars and ambulances are not a crowd, they are "rioters".

WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

hmm....remember someone said Ponding, not Flooding.
then someone said Lets call a Spade a Spade.
hmm. and somemore, some announcement said: dear passengers, pls move to a less crowded platform.
hmm.... and someone said : its a Tactical Retreat to regroup and Plan.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, that makes it even worse, right? They have had over 30 years to refine and perfect the SOP for riots and if they had followed it, I guess the SOP was totally useless after all. Over 30s years to develop an SOP that was shit useless, well that has to fall on someone's head. Now, if they did not follow the SOP, well, that is another matter.

That's the problem with big entities. Having SOP for this-and-that is wonderful. It serves as a guide to govern our course of action. But SOPs can never cover all types of situations. What is and where is empowerment? Following SOPs blindly, imo, is just CYA - cover your ass. Brains are meant to be used and decision making is key.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the problem with big entities. Having SOP for this-and-that is wonderful. It serves as a guide to govern our course of action. But SOPs can never cover all types of situations. What is and where is empowerment? Following SOPs blindly, imo, is just CYA - cover your ass. Brains are meant to be used and decision making is key.

And don't forget... Do it right, the first time

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

For them, its a catch - 22 situation. If they followed the SOP and than the riots still happened the way it did, they are fucked for not developing a proper SOP. If they did not follow it and the riots ended up happening like that, they are fucked too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For staff work, crafting SOPs, Police General Orders etc you require a certain type of officer to finish the work for you. This officer will be meticulous in his work. He will do his best to cover all types of scenarios. Scholars are supposedly good for this with the sharp minds they have.

But when you are in a crisis where time is running out and you are disadvantaged for various reasons, you require another type of officer to pull through. A kiasu and kiasi officer will follow SOP to CYA. A maverick gung ho officer will operate in a different manner.

If there is a 50-50 chance breaking SOP will achieve his objective, he will go for it. For others only with 90% chance of 'winning' will he entertain thoughts of not adhering to SOP. Even then, he is likely to get blessings from his superior befofe acting.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't fuck care who they eventually pin the fault on.

What's important is those responsible MUST PAY FOR THE DAMAGES.

Don't tell me tax payers must foot the bill for shoddy police work?!!??

How much do 3 police cars and an ambulance cost? Please deduct that from the mata's monthly pay.

Taxpayers always pay for public damages by default, whether you consent to it is irrelevant. :wink:

Don't expect private companies or those Ah Neh workers to pay a dime.