• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dumb Prof and Foreign Talent - A Bloody Disgace and shocking tale

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This happened a few months ago when Medical students from Singapore were completing their final year in Medicine in Australia. Yearly the Singapore Govt thru various cluster hospitals send recruitment teams to entice Singapore student studing in OZ to return and practice medicine. The aim is 2 fold - (1) to address the shortage of medical practitioners and (2) bring young Singaporeans back home.

The team was talking to a group of final year students in an Australian city and the Prof noticed a Malay chap in the group of students. He was the only Malay chap. The prof asked him what race he was, a question he did not ask any others. He then asked him who paid for his university education. This chap replied that his father did. The Prof did not stop there but went on to ask what job the father was holding. At this stage , the chap replied what has all this got to do with the recruitment talk that he was attending. Apparently the others become very uncomfortable seeing a fellow Singaporean being treated in such an insensitive and clearly a racist manner.

The son called up the father and told him that he will never ever come back to Singapore to work breaking the heart of his mum. I was stunned when I heard the story. My feeling is that this should have been raised to Yaacob or one of the Malay MPs.

By the way, the fees for University tuition in OZ is around $50K a year. This Prof obviously was stunned that a Malay family could afford to pay such fees. The father runs his own factory.

There is a twist to this story. Since the 1980s, the Govt under various schemes such as IMAC, PIPS and SIMS all under PMO have attempted to bring in quality FTs prior to the ope gate policy that we see now . They have repeatedly failed in the Malay category. They tried in Indonesia and did not succeed. They even approached Malay professionals who migrated to OZ from Malaysia and also failed. Now here is a Singaporean Malay who turned up for recruitment and was absolutely treated like shit.

If I was Yaacob, I would tender my resignation as this is one case, they should have intervened if they were aware of it and I understand this story is making the rounds in Singapore. Lets see if this story does the job as many people were present when the inquisition took place on one fateful day in Australia. Rajaratnam must be turning in his grave together with his pledge which I am sure that chap was reciting during his school days in Singapore.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was Yaacob, I would tender my resignation as this is one case, they should have intervened if they were aware of it and I understand this story is making the rounds in Singapore. Lets see if this story does the job as many people were present when the inquisition took place on one fateful day in Australia. Rajaratnam must be turning in his grave together with his pledge which I am sure that chap was reciting during his school days in Singapore.

Fuck off lah :oIo:

Resign because of something not related to his portfolio?????????
You want Singapore to be a country where ministers resign because of a very unimportant thing like this??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Did someone die???? Did someone got raped??? We just lost 1 talented kid, that's all. Tonnes of China Doctors waiting to replace him.

The Prof was probably very interested in how the malay kid can afford to study in Australia
Did he chide him or insult him? He was just trying to ask questions:eek::eek:

Anyway it's obvious that scroobal is a Malay
Whoever wants to know his identity can comb SPH for Malay workers in his 30s to 40s.

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stand at the side of a controlled traffic junction. Count the number of new cars driven by Malays. Whatever the number you get, believe this. They own those cars, bought with their own money from gainful employment or their own enterprise. Without a Singapore Bumiputra policy, or special Malay discounted COEs and against the grain of a "chiang hwa ee" social and commercial policy of the Singapore Government.

scroobal is not Chinese nor Malay. He is not another Lionel Dog Susa either.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Ivebert: are you trying to imply scroobal is a delivery man or security guard?????

If he is not a Malay
Why is he so sensitive towards this type of racially-sensitive situation?
Plus this Malay doctor is just 1 person. Who cares about him?
There are tonnes of others we can recruit. Has it got to be a Malay?

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is nothing new, I don't think it is racist. SGreans are known to be crude and insensitive when they encounter something they can't understand or they have not experienced before.

For example, I was living and working in a foreign country when I met a SGrean family taking a holiday there. Instead of being happy to chat with a fellow SGrean with a different life experience, they were only interested in asking me why I was living overseas, that is, what is so good about the foreign country over SG and whether I was earning more there than in SG. They were extremely guarded and made me feel as if I was some kind of conman trying to cheat them when all I did was to greet them and introduce myself as it wasn't everyday that I get to meet a fellow SGrean.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is nothing new, I don't think it is racist. SGreans are known to be crude and insensitive when they encounter something they can't understand or they have not experienced before.

For example, I was living and working in a foreign country when I met a SGrean family taking a holiday there. Instead of being happy to chat with a fellow SGrean with a different life experience, they were only interested in asking me why I was living overseas, that is, what is so good about the foreign country over SG and whether I was earning more there than in SG. They were extremely guarded and made me feel as if I was some kind of conman trying to cheat them when all I did was to greet them and introduce myself as it wasn't everyday that I get to meet a fellow SGrean.

Singaporean are still very inward looking group of people. They didnt travel and see the world enough. They are contended what the PAP govt feed their brain with... That why you have a group of brain dead Singapore, who only think that money define everything. When you migrate and uproot,they will think that you can't make it, that why you choose to leave Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point and great example. That reminds I did come across such people. There was one well known case where at a University entity dinner which was graced by the late Tay Eng Soon in his capacity of Minister, one of the Professor (yes, again a professor) reached out to an Indian chap sitting next to him and asked him if it was tough following the Minister around as his bodyguard. He was trying to make him welcome. The guy was actually the President of the society.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people actually think that people who migrate are those who can't make it. Then there are those who have the notion that emigrants end up being second class citizens. And we are talking about destination countries that are first world.

Many years ago,
Singaporean are still very inward looking group of people. They didnt travel and see the world enough. They are contended what the PAP govt feed their brain with... That why you have a group of brain dead Singapore, who only think that money define everything. When you migrate and uproot,they will think that you can't make it, that why you choose to leave Singapore.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe there ex-sinkies who return to sinkieland as FT. Anyone care to share?

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
This happened a few months ago when Medical students from Singapore were completing their final year in Medicine in Australia. Yearly the Singapore Govt thru various cluster hospitals send recruitment teams to entice Singapore student studing in OZ to return and practice medicine. The aim is 2 fold - (1) to address the shortage of medical practitioners and (2) bring young Singaporeans back home.

The team was talking to a group of final year students in an Australian city and the Prof noticed a Malay chap in the group of students. He was the only Malay chap. The prof asked him what race he was, a question he did not ask any others. He then asked him who paid for his university education. This chap replied that his father did. The Prof did not stop there but went on to ask what job the father was holding. At this stage , the chap replied what has all this got to do with the recruitment talk that he was attending. Apparently the others become very uncomfortable seeing a fellow Singaporean being treated in such an insensitive and clearly a racist manner.

The son called up the father and told him that he will never ever come back to Singapore to work breaking the heart of his mum. I was stunned when I heard the story. My feeling is that this should have been raised to Yaacob or one of the Malay MPs.

By the way, the fees for University tuition in OZ is around $50K a year. This Prof obviously was stunned that a Malay family could afford to pay such fees. The father runs his own factory.

There is a twist to this story. Since the 1980s, the Govt under various schemes such as IMAC, PIPS and SIMS all under PMO have attempted to bring in quality FTs prior to the ope gate policy that we see now . They have repeatedly failed in the Malay category. They tried in Indonesia and did not succeed. They even approached Malay professionals who migrated to OZ from Malaysia and also failed. Now here is a Singaporean Malay who turned up for recruitment and was absolutely treated like shit.

Approaching malay professionals who migrated to OZ from Malaysia and getting them to come to Sg ain't going to work. OZ has a higher quality of life than Singapore and getting them to come to Sg is like kostan.

Maybe the professor is suffering from Sticking to the textbook syndrome, cos I understand malay doctors are actually in the minority within the medical fraternity. Obviously seeing a malay medical student is not what he used to see.

I have lived overseas for sometimes and I have seen how some Singaporeans kanang kabok when confronted with situations outside the textbooks. The ones who could quit and flourish overseas are the ones better off actually.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...always talk so big.....
ang mo says bull shit....
uneducated kuku says ge kiang, tua kang, tua pow.....always making mountains out of molehills.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe there ex-sinkies who return to sinkieland as FT. Anyone care to share?

Those who can't find jobs or lost their jobs will want to return
The more useless you are, the more you want to work in SG

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many professionals that have done very well but have left our shores. When the govt was pulling the certificate of good conduct, they were surprised to see Malays among them. Subsequently people were asked to fill a survey form when they applied for a certificate of good conduct.

They were so desperate that they even approached Cape Malays and even considered Surinam. No success.

Yes, the Prof like many of us tend to follow the stererotype but most of us have the brains to be discrete. This idiot did not have much EQ.

Approaching malay professionals who migrated to OZ from Malaysia and getting them to come to Sg ain't going to work. OZ has a higher quality of life than Singapore and getting them to come to Sg is like kostan.

Maybe the professor is suffering from Sticking to the textbook syndrome, cos I understand malay doctors are actually in the minority within the medical fraternity. Obviously seeing a malay medical student is not what he used to see.

I have lived overseas for sometimes and I have seen how some Singaporeans kanang kabok when confronted with situations outside the textbooks. The ones who could quit and flourish overseas are the ones better off actually.