• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual citizenships and CPF money

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Acc to what you are saying now, people migrated because of the political landscape here, and having decided so, wanted to take out their CPF. Now that's quite different from what you said earlier - that people migrate because they want to take out their CPF. The second is an act of a confused person, the first is an act of a sensible person. The difference between what you wrote then and what you write now is called confused.

Looking back say 10-15 years ago, many Singaporeans migrated for some common reasons which I do not like to dwell with except saying because of the politcal landscape in Singapore.

CPF is the same money you can buy a house (a home is a home) to settle down your family if you migrated. Not many people has spare change to keep CPF money in Singapore and buy a house in cash when they migrated. So who is confused, you or him?

Since FTs do not contribute to CPF and some people CPF money are locked by PAP is confusing and no fair level of playing field for both sides.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they actually put that to me, I would refuse to choose one over the other. I will politely ask for the law that requires me to choose that will not require a FT to do the same.

I shall also tell the officer that I was asked to make a declaration and I have done so. Nowhere did it say that I then have to choose which one of the two countries's passport to have.

The rumour out there is that the Singapore govt will ask the Singapore dual citizen to choose which citizenship to hold and which to give up, once they apply to renew the Singapore passport, and state that they are holding another passport.

Last edited:

Dole43

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they actually put that to me, I would refuse to choose one over the other. I will politely ask for the law that requires me to choose that will not require a FT to do the same.

And even if the FT were to choose, he knows he can always request back his citizenship of his birthright and they will give it back to him. LPPL.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Dual citizenships and Passports

Are you kidding? I've traveled on three different passports before. The one thing I wanted to avoid is consular service. Take care of myself and in emergency, know which way to run to safety myself. Passport is just for that, for passing ports of call. Consular service? Don't watch too many or believe too much in movies. The best and fastest evacuation service is by currency and personal expediency. By the time you're in trouble in a foreign land enough to warrant the attention of your foreign minister, you're either half dead or held hostage with a dagger at your throat or pistol at your head or worse, simply dead.

Wow, salam!

You have three passports, all from different countries?

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a mixed rojak and can come in any forms, nothing confusing except don't confuse yourself.

Acc to what you are saying now, people migrated because of the political landscape here, and having decided so, wanted to take out their CPF. Now that's quite different from what you said earlier - that people migrate because they want to take out their CPF. The second is an act of a confused person, the first is an act of a sensible person. The difference between what you wrote then and what you write now is called confused.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
And even if the FT were to choose, he knows he can always request back his citizenship of his birthright and they will give it back to him. LPPL.

in australia, they will give you back your citizenship. that is what happened to my uni classmate parents. they don't earn enough in australia so they went back singapore, but the kids return for universities under local students quotas, not as international students.

cnfcnf

Kingrant, can you please shed some light on this? When I look at the passport renewal form:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Citizen Services/Form_IMME_11_OS.pdf

It states:
(b) I am / The child* is a citizen of Singapore.
(c) I have / The child* have/have not/has/has not* acquired the citizenship of another country.

I believe this implies that you can get a new citizenship and still get a new Singapore passport. If not, I imagine the Government would merely state that if you have obtained another citizenship you are ineligible for the new (renewed) passport.

You mention that you know some people who have declared their other citizenship and have got their passports renewed. Can I ask if you are absolutely certain about this? Also did they renew their passport in Singapore or overseas? The application form is slightly different based on whether you are renewing it in Singapore or overseas.

Overseas renewal: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Citizen Services/Form_IMME_11_OS.pdf
Renewal in Singapore: http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/docs/Citizen Services/Form_IMM_E_11.pdf

The Overseas renewal form has an extra section that states:
Have you been granted citizenship of another country? *Yes / No

(i) If Yes, state the country: ________________________________________________
(ii) If No, on what basis are you permitted to remain in the country where you are residing? ________________________

Thanks!

They should not have surrendered their SIN pp. Renew it but dont make any false declaration that you do not have another country's pp when applying for renewal. You may be surprised that it will be renewed.