• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I know someone like this here in Canada. Married and had a kid in Canada, enjoying a good life. Touched on the question while chatting about kids about whether might bring kid back to Singapore and that acquaintance said “No, Canada is good.” This I can understand.

But when topic changed to politics, the reply was “PAP is the best. All the other political parties are crap. Singapore is fantastic.”

The level of irony was so strong a rebar could’ve smacked us across the face.

That person regularly posts photos of the good life in Canada. I never stayed in touch after that. Good riddance.
Good to see you around here.

Everything ok?

Have a good Sunday!

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know someone like this here in Canada. Married and had a kid in Canada, enjoying a good life. Touched on the question while chatting about kids about whether might bring kid back to Singapore and that acquaintance said “No, Canada is good.” This I can understand.

But when topic changed to politics, the reply was “PAP is the best. All the other political parties are crap. Singapore is fantastic.”

That person regularly posts photos of the good life in Canada. I never stayed in touch after that. Good riddance.
Oh i just got into one with a loser who because his friend failed in america he is therefore a loser by proxy, neverletthose infect you. We know how hard it is to get away. The weak find excuses

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then send his son back to die in ns. Nothing is funnier when the morons do

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rules or policies regarding applying for Exit Permit for Singapore citizens who reside abroad appear to have changed recently.
Our children were born in Canada, never live in Singapore.
I applied for Singapore citizenship for them when they were infants. They have never lived in Singapore.
The first child, girl, received a letter on her 21st birthday, asking her to renounce Canadian citizenship, and to attend at a Consulate Office to affirm her SG citizenship, otherwise, whe will lose it on her 22nd birthday.
Second child, we applied for an Exit Permit when he was 13, and then managed to renew the Exit Permit, to the day when he will turn 21.
Third child is a girl.
Fourth child, son. Had difficulties applying for an Exit Permit when he was 13 (the rules probably changed, must apply before age 13, whereas before it was when the child was 13). Managed to obtain the Exit Permit.
Recently, CMPB's email indicated that we can only apply for an Exit Permit to the date when our son becomes 16 years 8 months. If he does not intend to return to Singapore, we have to provide a bond in the amount of $75,000.
It appears that if we do not provide the required bond, they may not renew his Exit Permit.
It appears that we will be in a dilemma if we do not provide the bond.
Any one has any suggestions or connections with the Minister of Defence or the Permanemt Secretary in MINDEF?
Paging for [Scroobal]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The rules or policies regarding applying for Exit Permit for Singapore citizens who reside abroad appear to have changed recently.
I applied for Singapore citizenship for them when they were infants. They have never lived in Singapore.
The first child, girl, received a letter on her 21st birthday, asking her to renounce Canadian citizenship, and to attend at a Consulate Office to affirm her SG citizenship, otherwise, whe will lose it on her 22nd birthday.
Second child, we applied for an Exit Permit when he was 13, and then managed to renew the Exit Permit, to the day when he will turn 21.
Third child is a girl.
Fourth child, son. Had difficulties applying for an Exit Permit when he was 13 (the rules probably changed, must apply before age 13, whereas before it was when the child was 13). Managed to obtain the Exit Permit.
Recently, CMPB's email indicated that we can only apply for an Exit Permit to the date when our son becomes 16 years 8 months. If he does not intend to return to Singapore, we have to provide a bond in the amount of $75,000.
It appears that if we do not provide the required bond, they may not renew his Exit Permit.
Any one has any suggestions or connections with the Minister of Defence or the Permanemt Secretary in MINDEF?
Paging for [Scroobal]

Mike Amin passed away recently.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes that's the one. He was 72.
Thank you for the info.
Major Amin was a gentleman, a Christian.
During my course, SATO had an old veteran Arty Major, chubby Chinese guy, an older CPT combat engineer, an Eurasian Armour CPT, Ralph P.
They gave me Best Candidate, beat three CPT. One was a Singh who worked at SIA.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, several years ago, my friend from first batch OCS, told me that retired LTC Syed Ibrahim, moved to Johore, had cancer. He was a super officer. At officers debrief, he gave me his rank and nickname Colonel

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thank you for the info.
Major Amin was a gentleman, a Christian.
During my course, SATO had an old veteran Arty Major, chubby Chinese guy, an older CPT combat engineer, an Eurasian Armour CPT, Ralph P.
They gave me Best Candidate, beat three CPT. One was a Singh who worked at SIA.

I was looking for an obituary on line but have not found anything.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Third child is a girl.
Paging for [Scroobal]
U must be some kind of retard to apply for S'pore citizenship for them. Why the fuck on God's blue earth would you do that?. U telling me a Canadian ciitzenship is not as good as a S'pore citizenship? So many sinkies would give their left testicle for a Canadian citizenship and fuck off from here. And now, u running into exit permit and renunciation and bond problems and u are paging the fucktard Scroobal for help? Come, I award you father of the year for deliberately intending to subject his sons to NS for a country they never lived in. Good job.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U must be some kind of retard to apply for S'pore citizenship for them. Why the fuck on God's blue earth would you do that?. U telling me a Canadian ciitzenship is not as good as a S'pore citizenship? So many sinkies would give their left testicle for a Canadian citizenship and fuck off from here. And now, u running into exit permit and renunciation and bond problems and u are paging the fucktard Scroobal for help? Come, I award you father of the year for deliberately intending to subject his sons to NS for a country they never lived in. Good job.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thank you [Papsmearer]
I was trying to give them as many options as possible.
Hopefully, I can get it resolved.
U mean to say that leaving Canada and going back to PAP controlled S'pore with its high cost of living, high pressure education, and CECAs and PRCs running all over the place is an option? hahahahahha. Why don't u give them the option to go to Nigeria too? I guess u can take the sinkie out of singapore, but u cannot take the kiasu out of the sinkie.

Let me explain something to you, as someone in S'pore who knows this process. IT CANNOT BE RESOLVED FOR YOUR SONS. For your daughter, they don't care. For your sons, the fact that they have issued exit permits to them, means that CMPB and MINDEATH fully expects them to do their NS. Even if they renounce their sinkie citizenship, it is not valid unless S'pore agrees with the renunciation. And they will never agree because no NS was performed. Therefore, unless u are stupid enough to send your sons to S'pore to perform NS, MINDEATH will treat them as absconders. If they ever return to S'pore, even as Canadian citizens, in the future, they will be arrested and forced to do NS or go to jail. So, in effect, they can never return to S'pore ever again, not even as a tourist. If you had not registered them for S'pore citizenship, then CMPB would not be any wiser to their existence. They can go as adult Canadian citizens at anytime to live and work in singapore as millions of other FTs are doing. U have in effect not given them an option, but taken away an option. I hope u understand this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For the older son, we registered for NS, MINDEF approved deferment to age 21, issued exit permit. That son can renounce and it will be done. If he does not renounce, then he has to serve NS.
I am trying to apply and ask for the same for the younger son.
In 2001, the situation was not as bad as present, with very significant number of foreign workers, PR, and CECA.
Thank you for your comments.
Which fantasy is this from? Your son suka suka can just renounce like that and everything is fine? The Singapore govt will issue u formal letter saying he is no longer a citizen? Yeah, wishful thinking.

Obviously in 2001, things were bad enough for you to move to Canada. Why on earth would u think it will improve under a totalitarian govt and military junta. Were u honest with your wife? Did u tell her what a piece of shit the PAP was and how fucked up the country was? If u did, I am amazed that she still allow her sons to be registered as Sinkie citizens.