• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Drop the terms "opposition" and "government" during election time

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the developed (I am not using First World) countries, no one calls the party in government the government forever, especially during election time. Similarly, no one calls the largest opposition party or parties the opposition all the time. This is jumping to conclusions that that party will forever remain "the government" and the "other"/"others" will be the opposition. Drop the terms.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is jumping to conclusions that that party will forever remain "the government" and the "other"/"others" will be the opposition. Drop the terms.

i second your notion. should address each of the parties as it is named. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
at current moment there's no constitution, so there's no govt... can only call the lightning jokers - incumbent!
as for every other party that have succesfully been nominated & rallying for your mandate - contenders!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have resorted to call them the lightnings, the stars, the hammers, the sun. Easier to remember....LOL!

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 late liaoz 2 tink of all tis tings
im leaving 4 d rally

In the developed (I am not using First World) countries, no one calls the party in government the government forever, especially during election time. Similarly, no one calls the largest opposition party or parties the opposition all the time. This is jumping to conclusions that that party will forever remain "the government" and the "other"/"others" will be the opposition. Drop the terms.