• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Drivers. BEWARE of this car dealer

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a very bad encounter with a 2nd hand car dealer.

I'm looking for a white or black Estima and saw this AD placed by a car dealer in SG Carmart last week. I went down to view this car on the 14th Nov'11 and after some negotiation and added accessories agreed by the dealer-Mr Joel Yap, the price was agreed at $94,000 but I got to fork out another $500 for the new leather seat which make up to $94,500.

I went down to confirm the final details with him and I was asked to paid $500 deposit which i did and we signed the agreement on the same day.

We were asked to go down to their designated leather workshop to choose the colour of the leather I want. When we asked him when can we collect the vehicle, he told us either on 22nd Nov'11 or 23rd Nov'11.

To my horror, I received a text from Joel on 21st Nov'11 around 5pm informing me that his boss had sold the vehicle to somebody else. When I called him up, he told me that there's nothing he can do as the company does not belong to him.

When I called his boss-Vincent,he told me he can't sell the vehicle to me as he felt that he does not make much profit from this deal and his staff -Joel, did not inform him about the detail of the sales which include the leather seat. He told me that he already sacked Joel and whatever Joel promised me I have to look for him instead.

Until the end of the argument, he say that he is willing to sell the vehicle to me at $94,000 but I have to pay for the leather seat amount to $1800-$1900 after discount. At this point of time, I felt that he and his staff-Joel statement is contradicting.

He's fully aware that I am pressing for the vehicle as I told him that I have sold my present car on last Friday.

I feel that they are trying to ripped me off the $1800-$1900 thinking that I will give in to them as I got to deliver my car to the new buyer. Of coz I didn't give in. I rather rent a car even I have to hand over my vehicle when time is due.

The things that make me so angry is why wait till 1-2 day before the hand over of the Estima than inform me he can't sell it to me? If he is really a honest or ethical businessman I feel that he should sell his vehicle to me even he is really not making much profit from it as it was already committed by his staff.

We have make an Police report and will request CASE to help us to retrieve back our deposit. Because when I asked him back for the deposit, he say he will only return it to me unless I sign a cancellation letter and no further dispute is allowed, so I refused.

I'm highlighting this issue to all the members here is to let all of you to be aware of such unethical car dealer .

FYI : the estima is NOV'07 and i'm buying at $94,000. Do you guys think it's below market?

The information of the dealer is as below:-

PLATINUM CARZ PRIVATE LIMITED
170 UPPER BUKIT TIMAH ROAD
#05-13/39 BUKIT TIMAH SHOPPING CENTRE
TEL: 64689380

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bro ,

i dont know much about this deal but all i know is good on you that you dont let these idiots bully you.

I hope the actions you have taken will turn out ok for you.

Screw these bloody cheats.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not think this is the right place to put rant on business, because it can be also written by competitors to smear an innocent company.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
likely this company is not honest to its customer, did u sign a contract with the car dealer for the sales? if yes there is a case to fight. I know some of this cunning dealer, when they get to sell the car at a higher price to the next customer they will come out with a story or excuse to the previous customer who they agree to sell to him at the 1st plc

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not think this is the right place to put rant on business, because it can be also written by competitors to smear an innocent company.

likely this company is not honest to its customer, did u sign a contract with the car dealer for the sales? if yes there is a case to fight. I know some of this cunning dealer, when they get to sell the car at a higher price to the next customer they will come out with a story or excuse to the previous customer who they agree to sell to him at the 1st plc

i agree that competitors might do that. i have a police report but too bad i dont know how to post it here. i also went to the press , hopefully they will publish it out, watch out for SIN MING paper.

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
The you have a case. Get a lawyer for advice.

yes thks, i will wait till i settle my car issue before further action , as i need to hand over my car these few days Actually is today lucky the buyer is kind enough to give me few more days after knowing my situation.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refer back to the contract you signed.

Regardless or whoever sighed the contract, it is a legally binding document.

I once had an issue with a car dealer where he promised a 5 year warranty but called back the next day claiming his boss wouldn't approve it. As the terms of sale was stated clearly in the contract I dutifully informed him I woudln't budge and he'll have to find me a similar car or since I was trading in my existing vehicle he would have to settle that too. He backed off and the sale went through eventually.

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refer back to the contract you signed.

Regardless or whoever sighed the contract, it is a legally binding document.

I once had an issue with a car dealer where he promised a 5 year warranty but called back the next day claiming his boss wouldn't approve it. As the terms of sale was stated clearly in the contract I dutifully informed him I woudln't budge and he'll have to find me a similar car or since I was trading in my existing vehicle he would have to settle that too. He backed off and the sale went through eventually.

At least you had a dealer willing to honor the agreement, but for my case both the dealer and the boss are 2 bast@#D. The dealer say he cant do anything as the company doesnt belong to him. And the boss says he wouldnt honor it as he's not the one who close the deal with me and he didnt even give me any verbal commitment , his staff did, ask me go after him.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least you had a dealer willing to honor the agreement, but for my case both the dealer and the boss are 2 bast@#D. The dealer say he cant do anything as the company doesnt belong to him. And the boss says he wouldnt honor it as he's not the one who close the deal with me and he didnt even give me any verbal commitment , his staff did, ask me go after him.

Speak to a lawyer.

I was prepared back then...

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro....the sales staff is the company's representative and so is the boss. It is the company that is liable so do not treat this case as between you and the boss and the staff. The chop and the receipt is the company and the signature is from an officer of the company. It is a legal document.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro....the sales staff is the company's representative and so is the boss. It is the company that is liable so do not treat this case as between you and the boss and the staff. The chop and the receipt is the company and the signature is from an officer of the company. It is a legal document.

Yeah, I second you on that.

Unless the company insist that the staff acted outside of their job description. Even so, it is a problem within the organization. The company may need to file a police report against that employee and invoke the company's insurance to cover.

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal