• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Toh Chin Chye Has Passed Away.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He has blood on his hands just like the rest of them. :rolleyes:

Where was his dissenting voice when 111 innocent Singaporeans were arrested and locked up without trial in order to deny them the chance of standing for elections?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the later years he was very critical of the regime....

was told some behind the scenes maneuvering was done to shut him up...

Years ago it was reported that Dr Toh was drink driving in a van.:eek: That case was obviously a case of mistaken identity. The so called reporter did not even to bother to check the age difference between the old Dr. Toh & young van driver :smile:

If it was one of the blue eyed PAP MPs the case would be escalated to LKY & probabky covered up:wink:
In Dr. Toh's case it is obvious that he does not come under LKY's protection :rolleyes:

Anyone know why he is unpopular with the current PAP regime:confused: Isn't he still a PAP member?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has blood on his hands just like the rest of them. :rolleyes:

Where was his dissenting voice when 111 innocent Singaporeans were arrested and locked up without trial in order to deny them the chance of standing for elections?

Deduct 100 points from your own rep score. We need more pro PAP posts. Look above you!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Deduct 100 points from your own rep score. We need more pro PAP posts. Look above you!

I don't give a fuck about rep points. You guys can zap me to death for all I care. Toh Chin Chye, Tan Cheng Bock and the other "dissenting" voices were all too happy to march to LKY's drum beat when it suited them.

To then turn around in their twilight years and criticise the very political climate that they cemented into place during their careers is hypocrisy of the highest order.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
I don't give a fuck about rep points. You guys can zap me to death for all I care. Toh Chin Chye, Tan Cheng Bock and the other "dissenting" voices were all too happy to march to LKY's drum beat when it suited them.

To then turn around in their twilight years and criticise the very political climate that they cemented into place during their careers is hypocrisy of the highest order.

You make one fatal error which is the assumption that circumstances have not changed over time.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This 'drink driving' report was made in New Paper on a Saturday, and on the same day as a report that LKY needed surgery to clear his blocked artery. Coincidence?

Years ago it was reported that Dr Toh was drink driving in a van.:eek: That case was obviously a case of mistaken identity. The so called reporter did not even to bother to check the age difference between the old Dr. Toh & young van driver :smile:

If it was one of the blue eyed PAP MPs the case would be escalated to LKY & probabky covered up:wink:
In Dr. Toh's case it is obvious that he does not come under LKY's protection :rolleyes:

Anyone know why he is unpopular with the current PAP regime:confused: Isn't he still a PAP member?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20120203.130446_20120203-tohchinchye.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic6.jpg

Dr Toh Chin Chye (left) and Dr Tan Cheng Bock at a gala dinner held to celebrate the 80th birthday of former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew.

At the dinner, Dr Toh said: "I never expected to live for so long but now I have and the (then) Senior Minister too. I wish him a very happy birthday and many more happy birthdays to come. His biggest contribution? He brought us to where we are today."

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Former Cabinet minister Toh Chin Chye, frail and needing support, pays his respects to the late Dr Wee Kim Wee.

pic10.jpg

At the wake of the late Mr. S Rajaratnam are (from left) Mr Othman Wok, Mr Jek Yeun Thong, Mr Tang See Chim, Mr Ong Pang Boon (partially hidden in blue), Dr Toh Chin Chye, Ms Toh (Dr Toh's daughter), Mrs Jek Yeun Thong (hidden in green) and Mr Chan Chee Seng.

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

Dr Toh was instrumental in Singapore's history, for having designed the Singapore flag seen today.

pic15.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

Dr Toh Chin Chye and wife Miss Florence Yeapp Sui Phek married in the civil registry in Canning Rise.

pic18.jpg

pic19.jpg

pic20.jpg

Mr Lee Kuan Yew and members of the cabinet after the swearing-in ceremony in 1959.

From left: Goh Keng Swee, Toh Chin Chye, Yong Nyuk Lin, Lee Kuan Yew, Ong Eng Guan, Ong Pang Boon.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This was a real funny case. "Funny"' in the sense that LHL thought that the Toh Chin Chye was THE former DPM and sent condolences.
Can someone confirm this story? There was an apology, if I remember correctly.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he turn his back in his twilight years so that when he passed away, ppl will not curse him?:eek:

yet again, why you scold your master?:biggrin:

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so another old goat kicked the bucket......................BIG DEAL............!!!

his death is like a tree losing a leaf...........................

if this guy so good, why he never try to knock out LKY ???

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the later years he was very critical of the regime....

was told some behind the scenes maneuvering was done to shut him up...

Dr Toh's biggest regret was for exercising his extra vote as Chairman of the party to select LKY over patriot Lim Chin Siong to be PM.

Dr Toh's last cabinet portforlio was at the health ministry when LKY ousted him in the early 80's.

Now that partriot Dr Toh Chin Chye has passed on, next in line will be the old dog's turn.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least he did not "have his son waiting to succeed him'' (qute from Mahathir) and have family members in high places.

Ministers who are not involved in opening the floodgates ( for the ponding by FT's) will be more kindly remembered than people like MBT and WKS who enjoyed obscene salaries while giving foreigners better treatment at the expense of locals.

Last edited: