• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr M say types like Pinkie should be kicked out

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/1047067

SEREMBAN: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pix) said today that Umno members should be brave to reprove party leaders who do wrong.

"But at the same time, we should maintain the party's strength. If we admonish but take actions which can weaken the party, that is not good," he said.

He was speaking to reporters after delivering a keynote address at the "My Homeland" seminar organised by the Negeri Sembilan Youth Council, here, today. Also present was Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan.

Dr Mahathir noted two types of characters in Umno, one who is so loyal to the extent of accepting mistakes committed by the leaders, while the other is disloyal and will quit the party and so on.

"So, this is a problem," he said.

On the recent political crisis in Terenganu, he said it could have been avoided through amicable discussions by the parties involved.

"Before we act, think of the implications first so that no party will feel hurt...that is the best way."

He said it should be realised that Terengganu Barisan Nasional won by a slim margin in the 13th general election, so if they were not united, the BN government there could collapse.

"As we had won by a very slim majority in Terengganu, we have to be very careful in handling the political situation there, because if two or three assemblymen 'run off', the BN state government will collapse. But thank God, the (recent) crisis was resolved fast."

Earlier, in his speech, Dr Mahathir said Malaysian society today was less thankful and grateful despite the many benefits like scholarships and good facilities they enjoyed.

"When things come easy compared to years ago, people become less appreciative and thankful. That is what is happening now. That are also those who bite the hands that feed them," he said.

On Malay unity today, he said the old spirit was no longer there as personal interests overrode the community's and national interests. – Bernama

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He once criticised the leader of a nearby country by saying " I don't have my son waiting for me to succeed " and yet was not being sued.