• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Dr Kua Ee Heok

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2019-04-21-17-17-48-413_com.android.chrome.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Curse cyclists at your own peril. When you're old, chronically ill both mentally and physically it is the cyclists that will have the last laugh.

Screenshot_2019-04-21-17-17-48-413_com.android.chrome.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258000/

A rapidly growing literature strongly suggests that exercise, specifically aerobic exercise, may attenuate cognitive impairment and reduce dementia risk. We used PubMed (keywords exercise and cognition) and manuscript bibliographies to examine the published evidence of a cognitive neuroprotective effect of exercise. Meta-analyses of prospective studies documented a significantly reduced risk of dementia associated with midlife exercise; similarly, midlife exercise significantly reduced later risks of mild cognitive impairment in several studies. Among patients with dementia or mild cognitive impairment, randomized controlled trials (RCTs) documented better cognitive scores after 6 to 12 months of exercise compared with sedentary controls. Meta-analyses of RCTs of aerobic exercise in healthy adults were also associated with significantly improved cognitive scores. One year of aerobic exercise in a large RCT of seniors was associated with significantly larger hippocampal volumes and better spatial memory; other RCTs in seniors documented attenuation of age-related gray matter volume loss with aerobic exercise. Cross-sectional studies similarly reported significantly larger hippocampal or gray matter volumes among physically fit seniors compared with unfit seniors. Brain cognitive networks studied with functional magnetic resonance imaging display improved connectivity after 6 to 12 months of exercise. Animal studies indicate that exercise facilitates neuroplasticity via a variety of biomechanisms, with improved learning outcomes. Induction of brain neurotrophic factors by exercise has been confirmed in multiple animal studies, with indirect evidence for this process in humans. Besides a brain neuroprotective effect, physical exercise may also attenuate cognitive decline via mitigation of cerebrovascular risk, including the contribution of small vessel disease to dementia. Exercise should not be overlooked as an important therapeutic strategy.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the mind is the central processing unit of the whole body, if it fails, all else will follow suit cos' you won't think of taking care of your body. i like to take this opportunity to talk about myself, smoking and alcohol addiction, i have managed to break away from both. the shitty life i led in the past when i was in sg, the harassment by the undercover cops, the wrongful accusation and lies made up combined with the stress impact was an accelerator to my smoking and drinking habit then. something which i am unhappy about was no accountability even with evidence, all swept under the carpet. i shan't recall too much as now i am sort of enjoying my life in melb. with a bit of recall on my shitty life then.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alcohol and all . they never taught people that it is a brain problem.

they taught people that it is a character problem.

very sad.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not correct to a certain degree and also depends on what generation they are from...are our ministers from my more hardworking and disciplined than the sinkie chinks..? For this I will have to agree with gin to a certain extent