• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't they learn? After Rony Tan warned, another pastor pokes fun at other religions

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
stompers_outraged_over_new_creation_pastors_insulting-thumbnail.jpg

Several STOMPers came across an audio-video posted online, apparently showing Pastor Mark Ng from New Creation Church poking fun at Chinese beliefs..

The STOMPers are concerned about how the pastor's insulting comments may create societal disharmony.

Earlier this year, Pastor Rony Tan made headlines when videos of him belittling Buddhist precepts such as rebirth, karma and nirvana were circulated on the Internet, creating an outroar.

This led to the authorities warning him, after which he apologised.

Now, despite the authorities having taken action against Pastor Rony Tan, Pastor Mark Ng has apparently made insensitive comments on traditional Chinese beliefs, as seen in this video. Annotations are inserted by the anonymous person who uploaded the audio-video up on YouTube.

One of the STOMPers who came across the latest video of Pastor Mark Ng, said:

"I came across this video online about a pastor from a mega church poking fun of other religions' rituals and traditions.

"I have no problem with people preaching their religious beliefs but, living in multi-cultural Singapore, we should learn to respect others' religions.

"I think the pastor owes a public apology to all those he had insulted.

Another STOMPer said:

"Pastor Mark Ng of New Creation Church insults Chinese beliefs and Taoists in sermon.

"I was aghast to hear that this pastor has made numerous comments that were not sensitive to Chinese beliefs and were particularly insulting to Taoists.

"It is very sad to note that despite the public outrage surrounding pastor Rony Tan earlier this year for his insensitive comments and misconceptions about other religions, this pastor has chosen to ignore the government's call for a multi-religious society in harmony and continued to insult other faiths in order to spread his own faith."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...aged_over_new_creation_pastors_insulting.html

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Don't they learn? After Rony Tan warned, another pastor pokes fun at other religi

At least they apologise and realise their mistake in this.

Response To Recent Circulation Of Audio Clips Of A Sermon Preached By Pastor Mark Ng In August 2008

New Creation Church (NCC) would like to express our deepest apologies to any person who may have been offended by the remarks made by Pastor Mark Ng during a sermon delivered in August 2008. Pastor Mark has explained to us that his intention was to highlight what he viewed as some inconsistencies in the local Chinese practices, and not meant to cause disrespect to any race or religion.

Following the widely covered media reports in February 2010 of another incident not related to NCC, we initiated an internal review of all past and ongoing sermons. In the course of this review, we realised that Pastor Mark had in this sermon, inadvertently spoken in a manner that could be regarded as slighting these practices.

Arising from this review, we immediately stopped the circulation and sale of this and several other sermons that were deemed insensitive. We also strongly emphasised to all our pastors that sermons of this nature are not acceptable and should not be repeated.

We recognise our responsibility in this major oversight in allowing this sermon not only to be preached, but also, as a usual practice, to be made available as a resource for sale. It is unfortunate that while we have endeavoured in every way to stop the circulation of this sermon, its recent appearance on the Internet continues to possibly cause offence when it was never Pastor Mark’s intention to do so. We assure the public that NCC has no part in the current surfacing of this sermon.

Pastor Mark offers his unreserved and unmitigated apology to the public for his insensitive comments and for failing to observe the basic tenet of Christianity, which is founded on love for one and all. He humbly appeals to those whom he has offended to forgive him of this serious indiscretion.

NCC takes this opportunity to affirm our commitment to the public that we place a high premium on the value of both racial and religious harmony in our multi-faceted society. This is evidenced by our years of consistent support for the many nation-wide programmes on racial and religious harmony.

New Creation Church Council
13 June 2010

http://www.newcreation.org.sg/annou...mon-preached-by-pastor-mark-ng-in-august-2008

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Don't they learn? After Rony Tan warned, another pastor pokes fun at other religi

The sermon was done 2 years ago, before Rony Tan's time.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...
i read n read my bible again n again but never find Jesus insulting or condemning any other people's religions and faith leh.
the only reason for Him to be crucified was: He claimed to be Son of God n even Father God Himself!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wah lan eh, 3rd thread regarding this news liao leh -_-"""

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes:

Religions don't have "features" or "apps" like cellphones and computers. They're faith based. You either believe the crap or you don't.

The only way to gain converts is therefore to ridicule the competition. Religious nuts do it all the time.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...
i read n read my bible again n again but never find Jesus insulting or condemning any other people's religions and faith leh.
the only reason for Him to be crucified was: He claimed to be Son of God n even Father God Himself!

Actually the real reason for his execution was that he challenge the religious authority at the time, messing up their temple and swearing at them for misleading the people. Executing him for claiming to be Son of God is an execuse.

As far as I recall, the Bible always called him the son of man instead of son of God.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually the real reason for his execution was that he challenge the religious authority at the time, messing up their temple and swearing at them for misleading the people. Executing him for claiming to be Son of God is an execuse.

As far as I recall, the Bible always called him the son of man instead of son of God.

The reason for His crucifixion was political. Judea (now known as Israel or Palestine) was a semi-autonomous kingdom part of the Roman Empire, a Jewish enclave ruled by King Herod (king then, but equivalent to duke or chief minister in modern terms) for the pleasure of the Roman Emperor.

Jesus claiming authority as Son of God, re-interpreting the Jewish Tanakh (Christian Old Testament) and claiming fulfillment of prophecies in the flesh, disrupted all that was precariously held in place religiously and politically for King Herod. The Son of Man title came from His virgin birth, which was never challenged as Mary was never accused of adultery. The first man on earth who came without insemination was of course Adam.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal

according to my understanding,,,,

it was his father that sabo him, wants the son dead, not second chance,,,, sure must die, to fulfill prophecies, must kena poked at the side, must wear crown of thorns, must feed with vineager etc etc and die for 3 days 3 nites,,,,,,,,,,,,

ooooooops sorry,,, wrong calculation, not 3 days 3 nites as claimed by jesus, he booked the wrong travel agency, probably some singapore travel agency,,,, 3 days 3 nights become 3 days 2 nights,,,, friday late afternoon (about 3pm) mati, and meet mary and gang for breakfast on sunday early miorning,,,,,,, very sorry,,,, Chan Brother's Travel