• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't do Business in China. Famous Automaker Steve Saleen got cheated by Gangster Chinese

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saleen made his name racing the Ford Mustang. He is actually a graduate from business school -- USC. esnd will know it. His family was in the manufacturing business so he has some pedigree as well.

In the process of racing his Mustang, he created a company which made a portfolio of parts to improve the car. He's not the only one to do this, but he was one of the more successful ones. At one point, he was a tier one supplier to Ford.

Most famously Ford went to him to help develop the GT40 supercar. This is probably because he made one himself the Saleen S7.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/04/how-saleen-shaped-the-ford-gt-supercar/

Ford on occassion also sells some of his developed cars through Ford dealerships.

oh... and also Saleen is a publicly listed company in the US.

Hilariously, Saleen is also one of the first to tune Teslas...

1597162104097.png

1597162133978.png

https://www.saleen.com/vehicles-old/models/gtx/

Last edited by a moderator:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it has happened to many companies, even Singaporean. Chinese have no shame.
Actually witnessed it happening to a few people I know. Were totally pro-China back in the 90s. Gung ho went there like heroes. Came back unhappy as hell.

The number of ways that the Chinese can screw you is breathtaking.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah bro you really know cars!

I honestly ever heard of Saleen before reading this thread!
Saleen is one of the more successful tuners. A lot of cars for the enthusiast crowd have tuning outfits to mod and "improve" cars. Ford because of it's F-150 and Mustang are enthusiast markets. So besides, Saleen, there's Roush, Steeda, Cobb all fighting for a piece of the Ford crowd. Usually different companies cater to different parent companies.

VW/Audi actually probably has the largest following. NA has APR, Europe has der Abt.

Tuners all over the world.
:laugh:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg... the tiongs never get anything right. even copy wholesale can still get it wrong. since I am into cars a lot of tiongs I run into tell me stuff. No tiong with the money to afford a foreign car will buy a tiong car. Won't buy tiong milk, tiong meat, tiong seafood. will always prefer foreign brand.

Although I haven't actually done anything with cars in China, photos alone tell me enough about how crap the product coming from there is.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Saleen has been bleeding for years. It survives as subcontractor to Ford. The Chinese realised they’ve been taken for a ride. That being said, the true reason is tit for tat on Trump’s antics. This is just the beginning.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saleen has been bleeding for years. It survives as subcontractor to Ford. The Chinese realised they’ve been taken for a ride.
That doesn't add up. :cautious:

Taken for a ride and want to expropriate the whole shebang? If what you say is true wouldn't it make more sense to convert it to something else and ditching Saleen crap rather than appropriating it wholesale? What you say sounds like woman kena con to have sex because man is rich. When found out he's actually poor want to have his baby and start a family instead? :o-o:

That being said, the true reason is tit for tat on Trump’s antics. This is just the beginning.
agreed. and the true quality of Chinese culture circa AD2020 shows itself... :thumbsup: Long may they continue their ways.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saleen has been bleeding for years. It survives as subcontractor to Ford. The Chinese realised they’ve been taken for a ride. That being said, the true reason is tit for tat on Trump’s antics. This is just the beginning.
Shooo CECA shitskin Shooo! Go back to India you CHina arse licker shooo! No fake degrees here shooo!

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
omg... the tiongs never get anything right. even copy wholesale can still get it wrong. since I am into cars a lot of tiongs I run into tell me stuff. No tiong with the money to afford a foreign car will buy a tiong car. Won't buy tiong milk, tiong meat, tiong seafood. will always prefer foreign brand.

Although I haven't actually done anything with cars in China, photos alone tell me enough about how crap the product coming from there is.
Give them credit. Tiongs got the Wuhan Virus formula right...

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
pay for international movie star hold gala event even then take the business away! Fuck China!
It makes no sense. They hold huge media blitz event with movie star, dancers and then they go and take over the whole operation.

Are these Chinese brain dead? They promote, and then shoot themselves in the foot? Like that who will ever want to do business in China anymore?

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
These goddam PRC fuckers! Holy shit! I mean even by PRC standards WOW. Just WOW.

The Saleen S7 was the badass car of the 2000s. Posters on walls of all teenagers hoping to get an uber cool ride like a S7!

And what do these shit for brain PRCs do? WTF? How can they get away with this Shit? Sue the fuck out of these PRCs!

mark-valeri-saleen-s7-poster.jpg

kiketerm

Alfrescian
Loyal
These goddam PRC fuckers! Holy shit! I mean even by PRC standards WOW. Just WOW.

The Saleen S7 was the badass car of the 2000s. Posters on walls of all teenagers hoping to get an uber cool ride like a S7!

And what do these shit for brain PRCs do? WTF? How can they get away with this Shit? Sue the fuck out of these PRCs!

View attachment 88518
I have to admit I have not really heard of this Saleen before, and now he is claiming that $800 Billion of his patents have been stolen.

$800 Billion is not a small amount this is serious.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/s...venture-has-stolen-his-intellectual-property/

Steve Saleen Claims Chinese Joint Venture Has Stolen $800M Worth Of His Intellectual Property
BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAUGUST 4, 2020 77

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to admit I have not really heard of this Saleen before, and now he is claiming that $800 Billion of his patents have been stolen.

$800 Billion is not a small amount this is serious.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/s...venture-has-stolen-his-intellectual-property/

Steve Saleen Claims Chinese Joint Venture Has Stolen $800M Worth Of His Intellectual Property
BY BRAD ANDERSON | POSTED ONAUGUST 4, 2020 77
Its normal SOP. $800 billion stolen? If you read the news about PRC- Whole country full of assholes. Just look at the virus - think they want to take responsibility for fucking up the world? Nah, they are not intelligent enough to even go there

30ppih.jpg

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor things. were they consumer electronics designs?
No, they were electromechanical devices used in telco switching systems. The items had the original AT&T Bell Lab approvals, and were made to very fine tolerances. Hua Wei worked with China customs to trace the shipments back to us, then literally knocked on our door, pretending to be a trading company, to ask to source directly. We refused, so they bypassed us to steal the designs anyway. Can’t get more specific than this though.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, they were electromechanical devices used in telco switching systems. The items had the original AT&T Bell Lab approvals, and were made to very fine tolerances. Hua Wei worked with China customs to trace the shipments back to us, then literally knocked on our door, pretending to be a trading company, to ask to source directly. We refused, so they bypassed us to steal the designs anyway. Can’t get more specific than this though.
Thanks. Appreciate the elaboration. I hope you and your client are doing ok despite the crap.

Really disgusting behaviour. Their comeuppance is overdue. :confused: