• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Don't Be Cheap And Do Away With Security Guards

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's my advice to banks in Singapore.

Because according to this The Star Online article, there was no security guard present at the Standard Chartered bank that got robbed by the mysterious Australian robber.

And apparently, the mysterious Australian robber wasn't even armed.

Which means, if there had been an armed Cisco officer present, this robbery could have been prevented.

And it isn't just me saying so. Here's a quote from a bank customer.

"If there was a security guard present yesterday it would've made a difference," said another bank customer Mr Willy Lau, 43, who is self employed.

Well, at least the bank learned its lesson. When it opened for business on Friday, an armed Cisco officer could be seen guarding the entrance.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When businesses cut corners they will eventually pay for it. In this case they lost $30,000 & were made to look bad.

If you look at Spore & the PAP, more people are waking up to the fact that they have been paying premium prices on shoddy & sub standard infrastructure and services e.g. elevators, trains, health services, police, judges, civil services,...

Unfortunately the lesser mortals are paying for this & it will only change when some of the 70% wake up & hold the PAP accountable.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When businesses cut corners they will eventually pay for it. In this case they lost $30,000 & were made to look bad.

If you look at Spore & the PAP, more people are waking up to the fact that they have been paying premium prices on shoddy & sub standard infrastructure and services e.g. elevators, trains, health services, police, judges, civil services,...

Unfortunately the lesser mortals are paying for this & it will only change when some of the 70% wake up & hold the PAP accountable.

I don't think 70% sinkies will ever learn. My neighbour's son just boasted about his mother joining RC and got "promoted". No wonder that bitch suddenly looks so cocky and wearing sun-glasses in broad nightlight to show off. Her husband is an odd-job "businessman", which explains probably some "network" beneft to be had for being a RC people. She was even seen "sobbing" and taking picture in front of LKY portrait at the CC last year. How do you think she will learn to support the opposition party?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better to leave the rest of 70% of Singkie die and rot. They still leaving in their lala land. With no high end and much engineering background, ultra expensive infrastructure, there is no way Singkiepore can compete effectively.

The only way Singkie man and woman can get a little by more comfort is by flipping property.

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, things have already gotten so bad that an unarmed ang moh can simply walk into a bank and take away its money. Easiest robbery in the history of banking. And even in this country where there are CCTVs everywhere, the police seems to be unable to catch or put up pictures of this mysterious Aussie robber.

Maybe the CCTV cameras were also made in China. Image too blurry. Cannot identify?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a policeman' mind first and everything else comes later.....i would start by analysing footage of the days leading up to the robbery....start from a week ago and move back week by week.

This guy has been there before.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's my advice to banks in Singapore.

Because according to this The Star Online article, there was no security guard present at the Standard Chartered bank that got robbed by the mysterious Australian robber.

And apparently, the mysterious Australian robber wasn't even armed.

Which means, if there had been an armed Cisco officer present, this robbery could have been prevented.

And it isn't just me saying so. Here's a quote from a bank customer.

"If there was a security guard present yesterday it would've made a difference," said another bank customer Mr Willy Lau, 43, who is self employed.

Well, at least the bank learned its lesson. When it opened for business on Friday, an armed Cisco officer could be seen guarding the entrance.

That's how most banks are robbed in a western country, they give the teller a slip of paper, demanding money and teller will be hurt if alarm raised, and he has a weapon hidden in his pocket/bag/etc. So robber take the money and quietly go, teller may/may not raise alarm while robber on way out. Most western bank protocols will say alarm only to be raised when robber is out of the premises. So having the guard may/may not help in this case. The Australian StanChart robber is following this modus operandi.

The other less common method is a violent takeover with machine guns, etc often depicted in the movies.

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a policeman' mind first and everything else comes later.....i would start by analysing footage of the days leading up to the robbery....start from a week ago and move back week by week.

This guy has been there before.

If the police have CCTV footage, they should release it to the public. So we can be on the lookout for this ang moh. He could be happily strolling down Orchard Road right now, passing by hundreds of Singaporeans who would all be clueless as to his real identity.

MisterGuard

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's how most banks are robbed in a western country, they give the teller a slip of paper, demanding money and teller will be hurt if alarm raised, and he has a weapon hidden in his pocket/bag/etc. So robber take the money and quietly go, teller may/may not raise alarm while robber on way out. Most western bank protocols will say alarm only to be raised when robber is out of the premises. So having the guard may/may not help in this case. The Australian StanChart robber is following this modus operandi.

The other less common method is a violent takeover with machine guns, etc often depicted in the movies.

But an alert armed guard could have realized something was wrong, from the unnatural interaction between teller and "customer". I mean, normally, when you withdraw money at the counter, you need to fill in a form and sign your name and all that. If the robber skipped all the formalities and got a large bag of cash in return, that could be a sign something was wrong. Also, the teller's face might reveal something.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whoever or whichever manager up there in SCB that gave the approval for removing CISCO guards will have his/her bottom fried. What will ABS say about this? ( association of banks) or MAS ( not the airline) say about this?. The insurance company will have a field day shaking herself off from any claims.....what does it say in the policy? or the SOP from the bank, which includes banking hours, plus security etc..

But SCB is owned by?....then the manager or whomever in charge must be members, like their normal practices, in their DNA, most likely gets slap on the writs & then move to another 'field' for feeding..."member" mah!:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But an alert armed guard could have realized something was wrong, from the unnatural interaction between teller and "customer". I mean, normally, when you withdraw money at the counter, you need to fill in a form and sign your name and all that. If the robber skipped all the formalities and got a large bag of cash in return, that could be a sign something was wrong. Also, the teller's face might reveal something.

But if the teller is a SPG either an ah neh or "no pork, no lard"....Ang Moh...most likely will be wet between the legs too...the CISCO won't notice a thing...for it is normal for these to get wet between the legs & behave 'normally"...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk into a bank branch ask nicely for 30k, how can it be a robbery? At most is just begging lah.

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal

when business don't cut corner,they hardly survived.
example:
I want to drill a hole outside my block at 8meter height.
hole$10
labour $100
profit 200
staging $300
staging erector $500
staging PE design $800
staging supervisor approved $200

with so many regulations to follow, I have to cut corner wah

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk into a bank branch ask nicely for 30k, how can it be a robbery? At most is just begging lah.

robbery:
The act or an instance of unlawfully taking the property of another by the use of violence or intimidation.
in this case there is no violence.
intimidation wise, we need to know the content of the slip of paper

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the police have CCTV footage, they should release it to the public. So we can be on the lookout for this ang moh. He could be happily strolling down Orchard Road right now, passing by hundreds of Singaporeans who would all be clueless as to his real identity.

I agreed with you.
why aren't the police release the footage like a huntdown of mas salamat

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think 70% sinkies will ever learn. My neighbour's son just boasted about his mother joining RC and got "promoted". No wonder that bitch suddenly looks so cocky and wearing sun-glasses in broad nightlight to show off. Her husband is an odd-job "businessman", which explains probably some "network" beneft to be had for being a RC people. She was even seen "sobbing" and taking picture in front of LKY portrait at the CC last year. How do you think she will learn to support the opposition party?

You will notice that I said "some" of the 70% will turn against the PAP. You only need some of them to turn against the PAP & when opposition is in parliament. I'm sure more skeletons will be exposed

According to Abraham Lincoln, you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Some point in time enough Sporeans will start asking too many sensitive questions that the PAP are unable to answer. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when business don't cut corner,they hardly survived.
example:
I want to drill a hole outside my block at 8meter height.
hole$10
labour $100
profit 200
staging $300
staging erector $500
staging PE design $800
staging supervisor approved $200

with so many regulations to follow, I have to cut corner wah

In the past foreign companies set up shop in Spore because it was pro business.

Unfortunately it has changed, there is now too much bureaucratic red tape to get things done in Spore. Not really surprising because we now have a bloated civil service filled with people more interested in making rules & regulations to protect their jobs. They also want to make money$$$ like in Indonesia & Malaysia.

It is a form of corruption except in Spore corruption is regulated:wink: