• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Donald Trump says White House Turkey “refused to concede” after a “free and fair election”, and “demanded a recount!”

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Thanksgiving turkey pardon was the final humiliation of Donald Trump
Holly Baxter
The Independent Wed, 25 November 2020, 4:56 am SGT
Donald Trump walks away after pardoning Corn, the national Thanksgiving turkey, in the Rose Garden of the White House (AP)

Donald Trump walks away after pardoning Corn, the national Thanksgiving turkey, in the Rose Garden of the White House (AP)

The final humiliation of Donald Trump came with an accompaniment of Thanksgiving decorations and a side of turkey. For only the fourth time since the election, the president appeared in public today — albeit 20 minutes late — to formally pardon a fattened white bird from Iowa named Corn. And he looked utterly dejected as he did it.

“Thanksgiving is a very special day for turkeys,” he started out, somewhat confidently, before adding, “Probably not a very good one, actually.” Then, “Oh look at that beautiful, beautiful bird. That is a lucky bird.” Was there envy in his eyes as he held his hand over Corn (the winning turkey out of Corn and Cob, after a hard-fought Twitter poll) and issued the all-encompassing presidential pardon? Clearly some believed there was, as the ceremony was briefly interrupted with the shouted words of a reporter in the back: “Mr President, what about a pardon for yourself?”

Perhaps The Donald was haunted by his own words in 2018, when he turned up to the same turkey pardoning ceremony and joked that the loser — the turkey condemned to the White House Thanksgiving table — had “refused to concede” after a “free and fair election”. It “demanded a recount,” he added, before telling the bird, “I’m sorry to tell you the result did not change.

It was a heavy-handed foreshadowing of the season finale that makes you wonder: Who on earth writes this stuff? But I suppose something Trump said had to eventually come back to bite him in the ass, and if it wasn’t a Ukrainian quid pro quo then it would have to be this, an aside made at a ceremony for poultry. One might say that his turkeys had finally come home to roost (I’ll show myself out.)

There is nothing sadder than seeing a man who promised just a few short weeks ago that he was going to “make liberals cry again” be reduced to a dejected comedian at an event about dinner.

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/thanksgiving-turkey-pardon-final-humiliation-204043652.html