• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does WP award their cadreship based on the colour of the skin?

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh really? that is a mild opinion from SL. I would have used a more harsh and comprehensive tone such as:

"We have tried to groom and give the indian opportunity to prove their loyalty but they wanted more for themselves than we could possibly provide and thus they leave prematurely. Will you be the same? Please prove to us another term since you weren't active in the last term, so that we have better understanding of where you came from and you will be rewarded accordingly. At least, you must prove yourselves to the constituents you served, and not nagging us for rewards. Community comes before self. "

Instead Sajeev did not want to prove himself, as what SL has foreseen, he went around throwing bad vibes about SL and the party. End of the day, his own racism drag down the whole of Indian community within Singapore. The damage came from him and no one else.:oIo:

The truth is : Chinese have been leaving WP after getting cadreship. Yet Sylvia Lim chooses to single out the Indian community for do so when explaining the reason to Sadeep.

I didn't ask Sylvia to suck up to the Indian community, as you portrayed, but merely telling her not to smear the Indian community as a whole.

End of the day, any criticisms you ahev against Sadeep merely reflect the extreme poor judgement of Low Thia Khiang and his cronies in selecting candiates:

If he is lousy and bad as you claimed, then why pick him in the first place?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I am 100% anti-WP, I'm also 100% anti-racism. If other parties were to play the race card, I would also stand against them.

The question is: do you still continue to support and defend WP despite their unwillingness and inability to clarify charges of racism, despite their reluctance to speak up for the minority community?

Thanks for the clarifications. I mentioned in another thread although I hate your long-winded stories, at least you're honest about your position. And I respect that.

I'm not a WP supporter. I'm not a supporter of PAP.

The only side I support, is one of justice, fairness, honesty, integrity and compassion.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth is : Chinese have been leaving WP after getting cadreship. Yet Sylvia Lim chooses to single out the Indian community for do so when explaining the reason to Sadeep.
If he is lousy and bad as you claimed, then why pick him in the first place?

He probably walked into WP HQ to sell his koyot to the party claiming to be a piece of marvellous gem. After some time this piece didn't shine nor live up to WP expectation. Due to his personal committment, he made himself untouchable by the poor. Those expensive kind that can see but cannot touch by the lesser mortal.

5 years down, he still sing the same old tune that he deserved to be appreciated in every angle like a diamond. If WP didn't sack him, he should count himself lucky. Fortunately he knows where his place is, back to his own sealed up velvety box. His resignation is a win-win situation. The point is, nobody force him to and that is not discrimination if he did on his own accord.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably walked into WP HQ to sell his koyot to the party claiming to be a piece of marvellous gem. After some time this piece didn't shine nor live up to WP expectation. Due to his personal committment, he made himself untouchable by the poor. Those expensive kind that can see but cannot touch by the lesser mortal.

5 years down, he still sing the same old tune that he deserved to be appreciated in every angle like a diamond. If WP didn't sack him, he should count himself lucky. Fortunately he knows where his place is, back to his own sealed up velvety box. His resignation is a win-win situation. The point is, nobody force him to and that is not discrimination if he did on his own accord.

The point is how could WP, the self-anointed 'First World Party', bought this koyot in the first place? Where is their stringent criterias in screening the koyot?

Worse, they not only fell for this koyot seller, they try to re-package and re-sell this koyot to all the good people of Nee Soon GRC.

Imagine, if WP were to win the Nee Soon GRC....with Angela Oon......It would be a nightmare for all the poor souls in Nee Soon.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The point is how could WP, the self-anointed 'First World Party', bought this koyot in the first place? Where is their stringent criterias in screening the koyot?

Worse, they not only fell for this koyot seller, they try to re-package and re-sell this koyot to all the good people of Nee Soon GRC.

Imagine, if WP were to win the Nee Soon GRC....with Angela Oon......It would be a nightmare for all the poor souls in Nee Soon.

You sound like a baby not getting anywhere. Every body screened and scrutinise, that include PAP camp or any job interviews you went. That is a leg up if you are being picked for your sincerity and passion. That is not enough, end of the day, you must still prove yourselves to be worth the salt you said you are. If this sound too complicated to understand let me nanny you a little more.

You went for lung x-ray, your lung look healthy and that doesn't mean you are free from other diseases.:oIo:

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The stats (although the number of samples is pretty low) do show that a higher percentage of Chinese candidates become cadre members than the percentage of non-Chinese candidates become cadre members.

However, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Which means that just because racism will cause the disparity in the numbers, it is not the same the other way round - you cannot conclude that the disparity in the numbers is caused by racism. There are other plausible reasons why the numbers turn out like that which has nothing to do with racism, so we cannot be sure what really happened unless you know what is going on in SL's and LTK's minds.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2012/05/sajeev-kamalasanan-resigns-from-the-workers-party/

Editor's note: TOC understands that apart from Mr Kamalasanan, other GE 2011 candidates who were not made cadres include – Mr L Somasundaram (Moulmein-Kallang GRC), Mr Watson Chong Cham Weng (Nee Soon GRC), Ms Angela Faye Oon (Nee Soon GRC) and Mr Mohamad Fazli Bin Talip (East Coast GRC). Mr Fazli has since resigned from the party on 27th Feb 2012.

I beginning to think that more and more nonsense is piling up. Those outside the 5 were already cadres by GE time, because they were CEC members or ex-CEC members. Commonsense will tell you that only cadres are eligible for a CEC post - you don't even need to fish out this info from insiders. If GMS, SKP and TOC had any sense of decency and integrity, they would have pointed this out.

Do your maths. The CEC/ex-CEC are the 5 in Aljunied, 4 in East Coast (except Fazli), 2 each in Nee Soon (John and Poh) and MK (Rahizan and Frieda) and all 4 SMC candidates. That totals 17. TOC pointed out 18. Who is the last one I do not know, but if the 5 not in the CEC were not made cadres, it means that the treatment was even.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beginning to think that more and more nonsense is piling up. Those outside the 5 were already cadres by GE time, because they were CEC members or ex-CEC members. Commonsense will tell you that only cadres are eligible for a CEC post - you don't even need to fish out this info from insiders. If GMS, SKP and TOC had any sense of decency and integrity, they would have pointed this out.

Do your maths. The CEC/ex-CEC are the 5 in Aljunied, 4 in East Coast (except Fazli), 2 each in Nee Soon (John and Poh) and MK (Rahizan and Frieda) and all 4 SMC candidates. That totals 17. TOC pointed out 18. Who is the last one I do not know, but if the 5 not in the CEC were not made cadres, it means that the treatment was even.

That sounds fair. WP has never undermined any minority group, more so when they are cruciall for forming a GRC team. I suspect certain segment of the members are trying to stir shit within the camp which prompted SL to act cautiously before the bad apples start to infect other members. It is inevitable that Chinese numbers should be more than other minority, very in lined with parliamentary make-up. As such, it should not be used as racist card because GRC requires such formation - minority is still a minority. If anyone is to blame, PAP created it and still live by it todate. Thus malay MPs in parlianment have never made their mark todate other than Yacoob who have enjoyed making fool of himself just to prove his existence as MP.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stats (although the number of samples is pretty low) do show that a higher percentage of Chinese candidates become cadre members than the percentage of non-Chinese candidates become cadre members.

However, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Which means that just because racism will cause the disparity in the numbers, it is not the same the other way round - you cannot conclude that the disparity in the numbers is caused by racism. There are other plausible reasons why the numbers turn out like that which has nothing to do with racism, so we cannot be sure what really happened unless you know what is going on in SL's and LTK's minds.

The answer is simple and direct: The Chinese Workers' Party has very very few minority cadres prior to the GE2011 as compared to Chinese cadres.

It appears that except the 3 minority cadres (2 in Aljunied GRC and 1 in MK GRC), the Chinese Workers' Party did not have any other minority cadres.

If they had any other minority cadres besides those three, why didn't they field them? Why must they go onto the street and grab any minority member to form their Ali Baba team without proper screening and scrutiny?

So the question is this: what's the proportion of minority members among their cadre? Why did they have such great difficulty giving cadreship to minority while they have such easy time handling out cadreship to their Chinese members?

The Chinese Workers' Party owe the people an explanation.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has skin-based policies since they became a party. And the PAP prides itself on meritocracy, social justice, and pragmatism. But I dont see pople making a big deal. Why only WP? That means something very simple. All these buggers here exploiting the Indian cadre wannabe issue are PAP agent provocateurs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are only 2 kinds of People I dont like, Racist and

black cunts...:biggrin:

I feel in Singapore, Minorities are abusing the racist word all the time..With the influx of Foreign Trashes this matter has become worse. I feel that as Singapore is a majority southern chinese country, the majority should never pander to the whims of the minority. If not we end up like Ang Mor Land whereby people are promoted due to race and gender not bcos of merit. Look at Australia,,now women must be promoted bcos they are women not bcos they are competent. So for promotion the incompetent woman will b promoted over a competent male bcos she is a women. In the USA Black are promoted over whites in Gahmen depts due to ethnic quota. This sort of favouritism promotes racism..and the minorities ask for it and deserve it

Look at the PAP minority MPs. like Yakkult,,,,and that malaysia fucker that say saving babies is doing NS..what fucking good are they?

I will not be a racist if the minorities dont play the racial card..

Remember folks...Fight racism with Racism..

and for your info,,I hate Northern Mainland locust, mandarin speaking dogs,,and to some extent Hokkeins.. but overall I am a nice guy,...

[video=youtube;gU7Lzvhbz_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7Lzvhbz_0[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone please enlighten me, what is so good about getting cadre-dom in WP that this unker die die must have and now acting like a crybaby?

can get direct access to free carpark anywhere in singapore? priority to top skools? SMLJ?

Lilac

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone please enlighten me, what is so good about getting cadre-dom in WP that this unker die die must have and now acting like a crybaby?

can get direct access to free carpark anywhere in singapore? priority to top skools? SMLJ?

Usually, it comes with voting rights to elect the office bearers at the general meeting or council.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel in Singapore, Minorities are abusing the racist word all the time..With the influx of Foreign Trashes this matter has become worse. I feel that as Singapore is a majority southern chinese country, the majority should never pander to the whims of the minority. If not we end up like Ang Mor Land whereby people are promoted due to race and gender not bcos of merit. Look at Australia,,now women must be promoted bcos they are women not bcos they are competent. So for promotion the incompetent woman will b promoted over a competent male bcos she is a women. In the USA Black are promoted over whites in Gahmen depts due to ethnic quota. This sort of favouritism promotes racism..and the minorities ask for it and deserve it

If the Chinese Workers' Party feels that they are being forced to promote 'incompetent' minority member to become candidate due to ethnic quota imposed by GRC system, then they should voice out their opposition and the REAL reason for their opposition, instead of hiding behind the facade of constitution concern (whatever that may mean).

If they are unable to attract minority members to run for election, then they should tell everybody that they are a Chinese-based Party, instead of misleading the public that they are a 'multi-racial' party.

Like you said, the Chinese Workers' Party should not wayang and pander to the minority when they don't really mean it.

I still remember the embarassing picture of Yaw Shin Leong wearing a songkok during WP celebration of Hari Raya. He wore it throughout the whole event, without taking it down. It makes Yaw and WP overwhelmingly patronising and outrageously fake.