• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

does workers' party have any plans to extend their influence to the west?

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
since LTK become WP's chief WP's presences seems to be disappearing in the west side of singapore.

from what i know the reasons of WP not having presences in the West side is due to the lack of resources that's why they have no Western branch until now.

i believe that PAP get better results in the West side wards in the GE is due to the weaker of the opposition candidates.

so does workers' party got any plans to extend their presences to the West side GRCs like Chua Chu Kang GRC, Pioneer SMC, Hong Kah North SMC, Yuhua SMC etc?

Last edited:

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were WP, I would makan RP's share in West Coast. LTK is giving KJ face.

KJ and RP are political finished. NSP and SDP might challenge WP for Western areas, but it is too early to tell for now. WP more interested in consolidating in Aljunied although they have the best chances of taking another GRC.

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe it is a much tougher fight in the west where many PRs and new citizens stay. This is because houses / living cost there are generally cheaper. These newly minted citizens tends to favor the ruling government which has generously given them citizenship.

It would be a tougher fight there.

WP is wise not to spread too thin their scare resources now.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KJ and RP are political finished. NSP and SDP might challenge WP for Western areas, but it is too early to tell for now. WP more interested in consolidating in Aljunied although they have the best chances of taking another GRC.

Its better for WP to concentrate on East Coast GRC and other GRCs in the East, hope NSP etc lift their game dont want another Tampines saga again,,

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its better for WP to concentrate on East Coast GRC and other GRCs in the East, hope NSP etc lift their game dont want another Tampines saga again,,

yes, wp would set its sights on east coast grc one more time. built presence and branding there already, notwithstanding the eric tan hiccup which would be forgotten. unless of course by next election they can attract more high calibre candidates like chen show mao, then wp would be strategic and go for the vacuum created by rp's rapid fall from grace.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

You forgot Goh Meng Seng. Goh Meng Seng is the number 0 or 00 on the roulette plate.