• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Hamid Bond & Ah Leng stiLL rings a beLL?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Went to a Garage saLes this morning, bought a coupLe of memorabiLas incLuding this oLd
vinyL of Hamid Bond & Ah Leng; any bros can shed some Lights on them..

hamid.jpg

ALL i found out was Hamid died young in a scooter accident..and he was the 1st one to cross-cuLture
Mandarain songs with EngLish Lyrics, right ?..

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard of them bro.

But will help you bump thread to push down other more important threads. :smile:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Quite well known comedians from an era past. Not quite in the league of Wang Sa and Yeh Fong but well known nonetheless. They used to have an office on the premises of Golden City Cinema at Margaret Drive.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the name more than his face, it was a long time ago, RTS ran a show called Talent-Time & i think Hamid Bond did the odd sketch or appearance on it. I was fascinated with James Bond & whenever i heard his name on TV i expected a James Bond type sketch but i don't recall if he ever did any. Yes his acts were truly cross cultural, i think his comic character was a chapalang, busybody type role if i'm not mistaken.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Back of the vinyL read:
Hamid Bond Organisation
Margaret Drive
GoLden City Theatre
Distributed by: Victory Records

wtf..who knows where now ?..:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hamid Bond died in a vehicle accident, if I am not mistaken & that was a very long time ago. There was a sketch he did with Wang Sa & Yeh Fong..on "Justice Pao" it was very funny...this was before that "da chui ba & that....??

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hamid Bond died in a vehicle accident, if I am not mistaken & that was a very long time ago. There was a sketch he did with Wang Sa & Yeh Fong..on "Justice Pao" it was very funny...this was before that "da chui ba & that....??
That Da chui ba & gay partner came much Later after Hamid; if i can recaLL.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My garage hunt aLso incLuded a circa 40's pLastic stirrer depicting women of various ages originating from some Africana countries:

stir2.jpg

:wink:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still have this 45" LP somewhere in my storeroom. Used to listen to it when I was a kid. Where did you get it from?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still have this 45" LP somewhere in my storeroom. Used to listen to it when I was a kid. Where did you get it from?

From some neighbourhood's garage saLes..bought Lots of stuffs in consignment; stiLL awaiting to be individuaLised when i am free though..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Never heard of them bro.

But will help you bump thread to push down other more important threads. :smile:

1. Which threads do you consider "important"? Give me a couple of examples.

2. How do you define "important" in the context of this forum?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Da Chui Ba was Hua Liang and his partner came much later in the late 80s......sadly he was also killed in traffic accident