• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone know how ISD agents work?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do the keystrokes from others, cut and paste, count too? The multiplying leverage would be fantastic. The gross profit margin could actually reach a 100 percent with this method. lol.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
From this, we already see that this Benny is certainly a thinker. A clever chap who knows how to get the best out of the situations he is faced with.

Future president?

I don't think he has political aspirations. If he had, he would have been a PAP candidate in a previous general election. Raymond Lim is his brother.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GoldenDragon said:
They are brothers.

His father worked for many, many years after retirement helping old people right into his old age. So the brothers can't be too bad. Raymond's problem was just his inability to cope with the complexity of the problems at hand - the problem caused by an artificially imposed explosion in population, the failure to change a tariff based system that has reached the tipping point, the saturation level for it to be effective, and the higher expectation of the populace in line with higher standards of service provision all around the world.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....Raymond's problem was just his inability to cope with the complexity of the problems at hand - the problem caused by an artificially imposed explosion in population, the failure to change a tariff based system that has reached the tipping point, the saturation level for it to be effective, and the higher expectation of the populace in line with higher standards of service provision all around the world.
I can only say that you don't know him personally.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
steffychute the ISD agent just replied. :biggrin:

This ISD doggie is pretending to be pro-opposition and anti-PAP. But all the anti-PAP postings are very mild. More like passing comments.

But the anti-opposition ones (clue: SDP), are really vehement and uncalled for. The forcefulness of expression and intensity of hate is truly strong. Another clue: constantly bombarding and misguided. Gone crazily haywired!

Without doubt an ISD agent, this steffychute.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seee3 said:
I can only say that you don't know him personally.

Yes. I don't know him personally. But I had occasion to know his father. The problem he inherited was major and unless he was an outstanding genius, he could not have solved it.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. I don't know him personally. But I had occasion to know his father. The problem he inherited was major and unless he was an outstanding genius, he could not have solved it.
You do not have to be a genius. You need to be able to look around the problem, reverse think, so that you deconstruct bad assumptions and goals set in the initial construct, gather more information to understand what is the real problem, real objective and the acceptable consequences. Our ten-year series only one answer mental universe scholars, have to eliminate anyone who offers another real life possibility as it challenges their singular mental universe and value of self-worth. Because they cannot handle multiple universes, timelines and possibilities, lack understanding of what goals are supposed to be, due to lack of personal philosophies and ideals, they will never get anywhere. A genius is called as such because he is a person that can let go and look at the problem in another manner to tackle it and because the solution and method - typically not complicated, maybe complex at best - is so obvious ex post facto that people bash themselves for being so blind-spotted, they think this person is a genius. He is just a well grounded daily chap who does not make unnecessary value judgements and lets reality take form in his mind and then decide what could be a course of action. Having a playful mind with a degree of disinterest is good. Our chaps have serious complexes in life. It shows in how they handle public and private replies and how they behave has persons. I do not know why they cannot afford to lose. In the long run, we are all dead. If they loosen up during the free think sessions, something good will come up. There is always enough time to think and plan. Figures for simulations only verify hunches and observations in a probabilistic world.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bigfuck said:
You do not have to be a genius. You need to be able to look around the problem, reverse think, so that you deconstruct bad assumptions and goals set in the initial construct, gather more information to understand what is the real problem, real objective and the acceptable consequences. Our ten-year series only one answer mental universe scholars, have to eliminate anyone who offers another real life possibility as it challenges their singular mental universe and value of self-worth. Because they cannot handle multiple universes, timelines and possibilities, lack understanding of what goals are supposed to be, due to lack of personal philosophies and ideals, they will never get anywhere. A genius is called as such because he is a person that can let go and look at the problem in another manner to tackle it and because the solution and method - typically not complicated, maybe complex at best - is so obvious ex post facto that people bash themselves for being so blind-spotted, they think this person is a genius. He is just a well grounded daily chap who does not make unnecessary value judgements and lets reality take form in his mind and then decide what could be a course of action. Having a playful mind with a degree of disinterest is good. Our chaps have serious complexes in life. It shows in how they handle public and private replies and how they behave has persons. I do not know why they cannot afford to lose. In the long run, we are all dead. If they loosen up during the free think sessions, something good will come up. There is always enough time to think and plan. Figures for simulations only verify hunches and observations in a probabilistic world.

Geniuses need guts because you go against mainstream.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Geniuses need guts because you go against mainstream.
You are talking about a different issue. You can have access to information of the phenomena and come up with a solution in your head or on paper. Pushing it through needs a leader, a gutsy person or a person who is very innocent, truthful or a visionary that common people will call foolish. By your statement, I see we have a lot of short-visioned opportunist that are usually reasons who collapse a system before the full benefits can be reaped. Smart opportunists chop or relegate the initiator into mediocrity after the full benefits have been reaped. That is the problem with China. Someone comes up with a great way to make tons of money, but short-sighted dumb opportunists would run off with measly small capital of a few thousand rmb meant to register the company.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For one to have good understanding of another, they need to work together / interact for a substantial period of time. It may not be the magnitude or complexity of the problem. VB and TSL created a mess too but they are spared. Maybe it is the attitude.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
VB and TSL created a mess too but they are spared.

i'm sorry if i may sound brash, but i'd like to hazard a guess: i reckoned that converts, ignoramus and sycophants are easier to handle under most circumstances :p:p:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Raymond got caught out by his peers. Raymond was still on the same mode that first began when he was in school. When he reached cabinet, he was still operating on the same mode. Just ask his peers and the events leading to the Rhodes Scolarship. Here is what I mean.

Raymond began to accumulate achievements rather than addressing and solving issues. He also could not stop networking. He actually developed a strong relationship with old man to the detriment of his peers. Go thru his CV and you will know what I mean. Also note that he did not take the usual path to cabinet. Not OMS, Not Admin Svc, neither corporate bigshot or community leader. He was too busy on the same mode and he forgot his Ministry's role. Transport portfolio is one of the most important in the last 2 decades. It's defines the city and country and we made a name 40 years ago in building at that time world class transport infrastructure.

Father is known to old man and wife. Note, he was taken out without a warning. Least missed amongst his peers. He began advising old man about Temasek when he was the transport minister. That broke the camel's back.

i'm sorry if i may sound brash, but i'd like to hazard a guess: i reckoned that converts, ignoramus and sycophants are easier to handle under most circumstances :p:p:p

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Raymond got caught out by his peers. Raymond was still on the same mode that first began when he was in school. When he reached cabinet, he was still operating on the same mode. Just ask his peers and the events leading to the Rhodes Scolarship. Here is what I mean.

Raymond began to accumulate achievements rather than addressing and solving issues. He also could not stop networking. He actually developed a strong relationship with old man to the detriment of his peers. Go thru his CV and you will know what I mean. Also note that he did not take the usual path to cabinet. Not OMS, Not Admin Svc, neither corporate bigshot or community leader. He was too busy on the same mode and he forgot his Ministry's role. Transport portfolio is one of the most important in the last 2 decades. It's defines the city and country and we made a name 40 years ago in building at that time world class transport infrastructure.

Father is known to old man and wife. Note, he was taken out without a warning. Least missed amongst his peers. He began advising old man about Temasek when he was the transport minister. That broke the camel's back.

How on earth did the Rhodes Committee choose him is a wonder. Compared to our other Rhodes Scholars, he pales in comparison

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
steffychun said:
How on earth did the Rhodes Committee choose him is a wonder. Compared to our other Rhodes Scholars, he pales in comparison

Anyone here read the Wikileaks on how Raymond got inducted?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Logistics is the heart and soul of Singapore and Singapore's success and it has to be done military logistics style for efficiency, environmental load as well as production efficiency. If he cannot do the job, replace him or get someone to proxy him. It is only because of the importance of logistics that the Land Acquisition Act is tolerated by people like me. Virtual logistics is rubbish without physical logistics and Singapore is appreciated for its nodal importance for physical logistics, within and without the island. MCYS might be much better for him or MP with no Portfolio.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....am surprise that pple still think that "ministars" are actually responsible for the policies of their respective ministry per se.... they are actually "more" the face of the ministry....and simply carry the political burden of their portfolio.
the civil serpants are the 1 who make the difference.....and effects of many policies will only be felt many years down the line......and fine tuning and correction will also take years to see the effects.
in short....for ministars, it is to be at the right place at the right time.

Last edited: