• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you reckon Ah Gong's prediction is coming true?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Not hating on the pap or the possibility of court jester/cotton chan/kee chiu becoming PM, just thinking about what Ah Gong said in 2009.:biggrin: 12 years ago.

Singapore's future according to Lee Kuan Yew

Q How confident are you that Singapore will survive you?

Mr Lee All I can say is I think Singapore is safe for 10 years. No trouble because there's a team in place that will handle it. Whether it will be 15, 20, 30 years depends on them getting a team of players very soon. Part of the team is in place but you need a leader man. You need somebody who can communicate, who can mobilise people, move people. It's not enough to have a good policy. You got to convince people.

Q What about beyond 10 years?

Mr Lee I think there will come a time when eventually the public will say, look, let’s try the other side, either because the PAP has declined in quality or the opposition has put up a team which is equal to the PAP and they say, let’s try the other side. It must come.

Q How will it happen?

Mr Lee It depends on when it happens and whether it happens all of a sudden or it happens gradually. If the decline in standards happens gradually, an opposition will emerge of quality. I mean, the public can sense it.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/singapores-future-according-to-lee-kuan-yew

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes eventually, as ubcan see even fakes can get a job n earn good pay , n sinkies with qualification u can no good pay n good job n worse is CB foreigner cause housing to be expensive n worse give problem to society ,wat u think

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not hating on the pap or the possibility of court jester/cotton chan/kee chiu becoming PM, just thinking about what Ah Gong said in 2009.:biggrin: 12 years ago.

Mr Lee All I can say is I think Singapore is safe for 10 years. No trouble because there's a team in place that will handle it. Whether it will be 15, 20, 30 years depends on them getting a team of players very soon. Part of the team is in place but you need a leader man. You need somebody who can communicate, who can mobilise people, move people. It's not enough to have a good policy. You got to convince people.

Mr Lee I think there will come a time when eventually the public will say, look, let’s try the other side, either because the PAP has declined in quality or the opposition has put up a team which is equal to the PAP and they say, let’s try the other side. It must come.

Q How will it happen?

Mr Lee It depends on when it happens and whether it happens all of a sudden or it happens gradually. If the decline in standards happens gradually, an opposition will emerge of quality. I mean, the public can sense it.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/singapores-future-according-to-lee-kuan-yew
don't kw whether true or not
but wat i kw is everything that goes up must come down
it's easy to climb to the top but it's harder to remain there for a long time
decline is a part of life
we all have to accept it

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Q How will it happen?

KNN my uncle asked are you sure lky said this or you say gai KNN

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally feel a lot of the things he say or did, like us who have been married, could be influenced by the Mrs somewhat, Hook lin
tenor (7).gif
e sinker, good or bad...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are syndicate groups behind this.... they hunt like a pack of dogs.... u give them $10k they give u a fake degree w a overseas job for you... then learn as u go and they take 30% commission in a contract.....

A fake degree individual can't get a job.... they need join a syndicate group to help and protect them throughout the course...

What is Sinkie waiting for? Dare not copy.

Yes eventually, as ubcan see even fakes can get a job n earn good pay , n sinkies with qualification u can no good pay n good job n worse is CB foreigner cause housing to be expensive n worse give problem to society ,wat u think

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course he knew. He put his useless son on the throne, he knew that fucker is useless. Fuck his mother's cheebye.
Maybe when he put his son instead of allowing the widely accepted Meritocracy into the hot seat, he knows things like this will happen. Then he preempt the whole thing like giving out pearls of wisdom like the statement. LKY sounds like a fortune teller and those who are fortune teller knows a lot of things by familiar spirit.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need somebody who can communicate, who can mobilise people, move people. It's not enough to have a good policy. You got to convince people.

Stroke Heng can barely communicate the East Coast Plan, how to communicate other more important matters? And his poor election showing is very telling. Sure move him to a completely new ward is challenging, but he’s up against a motley crew of opposition.

Who the fuck is Nicole Seah? She herself admitted she felt like a fraud. She ain’t no superstar minister for sure.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i-felt-fraud-says-nicole-seah

Ms Seah first shot to fame when she was part of the team that contested in Marine Parade GRC during the 2011 General Election.

But life after that, it seems, was not very kind.

"Post-General Election 2011, life took a sharp detour," she wrote.

Her jagged path included blacking out after finding out about her grandmother's cancer diagnosis, the exhaustion of balancing a day job with house visits and walkabouts, and feeling self-conscious about the need to appear a certain way so that people would not feel "cheated".

She was also brutally honest about her feelings.

"I felt like a fraud being invited to speak at conferences everywhere. I mean, I do have an opinion on some things, but I'm not an expert on everything or anything as of yet."

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal

stinkypura never was, and certainly is not, at the top of anything meaningful

its a puny dot sized pee-sai
as eunuch loong said, even if it disappears, the world will continue to work just fine

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Throughout history, many empires, dynasties and family businesses have gone kaput because of picking an imbecile son as the successor to carry the father's torch.

Sometimes the rot festers for generations. Sometimes one generation is all you need. :wink:

q5c2xuC.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
don't kw whether true or not
but wat i kw is everything that goes up must come down
decline is a part of life
we all have to accept it
Yeah to think about it, it is damn near impossible for a political party to remain in power for so long.