• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you notice that more kids in schooLs' uniform are seLLing donation tickets ?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonder if it's through their schooLs' own donation programmes, or if these coupons are being soLd on a commission basis for these kids to make some extra $ ?..:confused::cool:

Moneyface2

Was in J8 when a young man approach me for donation. I wanted to put in $2 but he introduced himself saying that he from Ngee Ann Poly and minimum donation is $10. Ngee Ann poly very big shot meh? Want to donate also must set minimum sum. In the end, I walk away and keep my $2.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was in J8 when a young man approach me for donation. I wanted to put in $2 but he introduced himself saying that he from Ngee Ann Poly and minimum donation is $10. Ngee Ann poly very big shot meh? Want to donate also must set minimum sum. In the end, I walk away and keep my $2.

Would do the same too.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro you save a packet of annas chicken rice :biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For commission, why no?
My bone of contention is, if it's for purpose of personaL commissions; why shouLd these kids purposedLy put on
schooL uniforms ?..to misLead buyers thinking that is for the schooL's project ?..:cool:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder if it's through their schooLs' own donation programmes, or if these coupons are being soLd on a commission basis for these kids to make some extra $ ?..:confused::cool:

The kids should make a commission for themselves. When in Sec 2, I had to collect donations for some organisation. Collected coins in a tin can in exchange for some sticker they pasted on their shirts. Liat Towers/Shaw Centre was where i waited for donors. When the tin can was quite full, went to a stairwell and emptied some of the coins by sticking a strip of hard cardboard into the coin slot, turned the tin can over and out slid the coins. Got quite a bit - enough for a pizza at Copper Kettle, didn't bother me wearing my school uniform in there.

Cheers!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The kids should make a commission for themselves. When in Sec 2, I had to collect donations for some organisation. Collected coins in a tin can in exchange for some sticker they pasted on their shirts. Liat Towers/Shaw Centre was where i waited for donors. When the tin can was quite full, went to a stairwell and emptied some of the coins by sticking a strip of hard cardboard into the coin slot, turned the tin can over and out slid the coins. Got quite a bit - enough for a pizza at Copper Kettle, didn't bother me wearing my school uniform in there.

Cheers!

..and you grew up to be that St.John's treasurer who was charged for funds' misappropriation some years back ?
:eek::smile:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

It was a very Singaporean thing to do. Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the tin can was quite full, went to a stairwell and emptied some of the coins by sticking a strip of hard cardboard into the coin slot, turned the tin can over and out slid the coins. Got quite a bit - enough for a pizza at Copper Kettle, didn't bother me wearing my school uniform in there.

Paying for your pizza in coins and armed with a tin can? Lucky no kaypo staff there.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

haha...old uncle wanted to donate....no coins uncle!!!!!!!

KopiO

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Japan, and elsewhere, adults dressed in school uniforms tends to do better in some sales job .......

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
..and you grew up to be that St.John's treasurer who was charged for funds' misappropriation some years back ?
:eek::smile:

My cousin was in St. John's. He got to see Harlem Globetrotters when they came to Sg while we were in school. Never did anything like that in my work life - an Honest John.

Cheers!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deter Them From Doing This To Kids

Nkf-defaced.jpg

I don't give. That's the better choice. You make them think harder next time. Don't encourage them. Let them give up touting and using poor kids for such things. :mad:

NKF type of TV donation drives don't work these days ?