• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you find that posters here type in very bad English and have very bigoted views?

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you find that posters here type in very bad English and have very bigoted views?

Not all but 85% do.:eek:

A sad but true reflection of literacy and intelligence levels in Singaporean society?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Do you find that posters here type in very bad English and have very bigoted view

Yeah hor, those people no want speak propar engleesh. My eyes pain when I read. Your engleesh beri good hor, can tell how to up my engleesh level? Thank yew! :smile:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do you find that posters here type in very bad English and have very bigoted view

please...this is a forum for chit chat, not a English writing class.

you go ang moh forum also same, people type in short form, made spelling and grammar mistakes - peoples just can't be bothered.

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal

please leh, i do agree that sometimes theere is gramma but you never know because in some advertisment the producer purposely make a mistake. the whole purpose is to attract the attention of others, its a psychological effect that when someone see a poster with spelling errors, they would stop and read to check the errors and there u fell into the trap of the advertisment agency, you see the whole purpose of advertising is to get attention and sometimes they even do kua zhang thing like doing sword fighting in orchard or in other countries the models even run around naked.

so wads wrong, in marketing as long as u grab the attention of others, its consider effective.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are so fucking sanctimonious about English proficiency, pray use 'contributors' or 'writers'.... moron !

A poster is any piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall or vertical surface.
OldDarkClubhouse19.jpg

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you fnid taht potsres hree tpye in very bad Eglnsih and hvae very bogietd views?

A sad but ture recleftion of latiecry and intillegnece levles in Sipgnaorean soceity?

:confused::confused:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sir, may you step aside ?

The glare from your shiny pate is blinding him such that it has affected this 'senator's' vision.... he is one of a kind, many are born with it but for him, he acquired his dyslexia as a result of being snooty with language ....

A little bit more, the glare is getting stronger due to that oily sheen on your scalp :cool: ...

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aiyah, this "senator" idiot is just yet another Teekee the pathological "christian" liar's clone lah...

If you are so fucking sanctimonious about English proficiency, pray use 'contributors' or 'writers'.... moron !

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

please...this is a forum for chit chat, not a English writing class.

you go ang moh forum also same, people type in short form, made spelling and grammar mistakes - peoples just can't be bothered.

Total agree with you.These how lian Sinkies think their England good can come here to show off but their own Chinese language they can't even read and write a simple word.

jw5

Loyal

A sad but true reflection of literacy and intelligence levels in Singaporean society?
Why don't you start a thread giving English lessons?

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's the matter clone? Ya dumb already? :biggrin:

what is "ya"? "you?"

please leh, i do agree that sometimes theere is gramma but you never know because in some advertisment the producer purposely make a mistake. the whole purpose is to attract the attention of others, its a psychological effect that when someone see a poster with spelling errors, they would stop and read to check the errors and there u fell into the trap of the advertisment agency, you see the whole purpose of advertising is to get attention and sometimes they even do kua zhang thing like doing sword fighting in orchard or in other countries the models even run around naked.

so wads wrong, in marketing as long as u grab the attention of others, its consider effective.

huh?

i dont understand what most of you are typing. i guess literacy levels are rather low on this forum.

grabbing attention and being witty is one thing. being illiterate and unable to write a single understandable sentence is another.

:confused:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

what is "ya"? "you?"

huh?

i dont understand what most of you are typing. i guess literacy levels are rather low on this forum.

grabbing attention and being witty is one thing. being illiterate and unable to write a single understandable sentence is another.

:confused:

Now now...you are not playing nice. Have you attended a lesson on Courtesy before? I'm sure you will relish the opportunity to experience my brand of courtesy. :smile:

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Total agree with you.These how lian Sinkies think their England good can come here to show off but their own Chinese language they can't even read and write a simple word.

I am/was singaporean not chinese. i havent even been to china my entire life except for a few short tourist visits. why in the world would i want to speak chinese when i was educated/do my work in english?.

mandarin has zero utility in singapore and the world. it is used only by china (an extremely poor extremely polluted third world communist country)

you are pathetic, you know that?

Now now...you are not playing nice. Have you attended a lesson on Courtesy before? I'm sure you will relish the opportunity to experience my brand of courtesy. :smile:

i am not being rude. i am merely telling the truth.

n1etzche

Alfrescian
Loyal

please explain lee swee say...