• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do u know EZLINK CARD has expiry date?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when u add value to the card, print the receipt. it's stated somewhere below....way way below so that u can miss it easily.

I am aware of the expiry date, have quiz the trans link people about this & the $5, was told to call a number...what to do? what do you think? Are we the only country on this earth that penalize people who pays cash!!??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You heard it here first: EZ Link is going to be another white elephant, just like public phone cards and Transitlink cards.

NFC transactions are going to be big in the next few years. Wave your smartphone over the sensor, and pay.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Ezlink card, any of you guys still keeping our previous plastic mrt card?

LOL that one i always put inside my pocket forget to take out. when mother throw in washing machine.....lol all the bend marks appears. surprisingly its super robust and it still works

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am aware of the expiry date, have quiz the trans link people about this & the $5, was told to call a number...what to do? what do you think? Are we the only country on this earth that penalize people who pays cash!!??

this only can happen in singapore. if smrt were to try the same thing in hk, taiwan or even matland, they shall get hell from the people. in singapore, we are just a nation of bo chuppers and that's how the pap can remain in power for so long :(

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
i picked up an ezlink card with value of $20 over dollars few months back. everyday, i am tempted to go and refund and use the money.:o :biggrin:

on the other hand, i find it quite challenging to be tempted daily and remind myself not to be dishonest.:o

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i picked up an ezlink card with value of $20 over dollars few months back. everyday, i am tempted to go and refund and use the money.:o :biggrin:

on the other hand, i find it quite challenging to be tempted daily and remind myself not to be dishonest.:o

this one very subjective.

if u return the lost card to smrt, who shall benefit? the the person who lost it or SMRT? i would believe the latter cos now SMRT card is bought over the counter. there's no record of personal particulars. so who shall SMRT return the card to? nobody but to themselves. tio bo?

my son keeps losing his ezlink cards, the wifey keeps buying for him. did smrt call us or anyone return it? no way!

i m not trying to preach dishonesty but seriously, such loss is a finder's keeper situation

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, very subjective indeed, the card got the indian smell,most likely belong to an indian. the urge to take it as my own is even greater.:biggrin:
this one very subjective.

if u return the lost card to smrt, who shall benefit? the the person who lost it or SMRT? i would believe the latter cos now SMRT card is bought over the counter. there's no record of personal particulars. so who shall SMRT return the card to? nobody but to themselves. tio bo?

my son keeps losing his ezlink cards, the wifey keeps buying for him. did smrt call us or anyone return it? no way!

i m not trying to preach dishonesty but seriously, such loss is a finder's keeper situation

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
some gov-linked agency like NTUC or CUNT which is more appropriate name will even zap your link pts accumulated when it expires every june. it's really a very cheapskate behaviour that CUNT who claims to be for the members would do such thing to "eat away" all your accumulated points. some cashiers dun even bother to alert u to use up the points b4 expiry.

many people even the CUNT members might not be aware about such despicable and unprofessional practice which our gov allows it to proliferate.

if all those scums have a heart or at least 0.1% of compassion and humanity left sinkies would not be in such dire straits.

these scums started TOTO , COE which is "extra" money that were not there before.
if these scums are kind , all these extra money should be used to help the poor.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT/TRANSLINK must be joking!!

just topped up my EZLINK CARD. took a bus when alighting, troubles began.... the bloody ezlink card didn't beep. instead it buzzed incessantly with a display: CARD ERROR.

helplessly, i asked the bus driver who was just a blur as I and advised me to go to the mrt station to check if the card was faulty. don't forget, i just topped it about an hour ago only.

went back to the mrt station. checked with the staff there. guess what? they were just as blur. after checking the card, it was clarified ok but i was told that a maximum bus fare of $1.75 was deducted for my short journey which would only take 73c. asked them whether they could rebate back to me. obviously the answer was NO. i was told to go to another mrt station where there was "commuters service booth" to claim for refund of about $1.02.

just think. ISN'T THIS RIDICULOUSLY STUPID?!!

they overcharged me by $1.02. if i had to take the train to the next station to claim, it would cause me at least 73c and another 73c back, making it a total of $1.46. stupid, isn't it? to claim $1.02, i gotta be conned off again by SMRT again another $1.46. it was a fucking left they win; right i lose.

what was i suppose to do? lan lan and post this bloody daylight robbery here and caution u guys. what else could i do? :mad:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SMRT/TRANSLINK must be joking!!

by the way, i asked about what was i suppose to do when my EZLINK CARD expired in nov 2012. they were just as blur as me. there was no answer. they just told me "wait and see" lor.

by the way, DO NOT TRUST THE RECEIPT LIKE U DO NOT TRUST SMRT!!

they scanned my card and told me it expired in 2014 and not 2012 as printed in my receipt.

what's next SMRT? what else u bunch of inefficient baboons are not honestly telling us the aggrieved commuters??