• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do parents have the right to stop their children from becoming Christians before 21?

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody care to enlighten me? I'm sure if a child below 21 years of age who wish to convert to Islam will need parental consent, thus logically speaking, if anybody attempts to evangelise to a child against the parent's specific objection, he or she is breaking the law as well?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do parents have the right to stop their children from becoming Christians before

Sorry, Christians family will bring their children to churches once they hit 1 years old, even child care (7-9 years old) belongs to the churches also. They are taught to die and contribute for their church. No need consent 1 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do parents have the right to stop their children from becoming Christians before

When they reach 21 they can convert to whatever religions they wish to believe in or none at all.

Only thing is they will be cndemm to hell from whatever the Pastor or parents said other than that they don't have to worry about being killed as in Islam or go to rehab school.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anybody care to enlighten me? I'm sure if a child below 21 years of age who wish to convert to Islam will need parental consent, thus logically speaking, if anybody attempts to evangelise to a child against the parent's specific objection, he or she is breaking the law as well?

Why do Singaporeans , forever wanting to make their lifes ever so complicated ?

Like it's not complicated to begin with !

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Surely parents have the right to steer their children away from ending up as dumbfuck zombies following the career of a half naked prancing Pastor's wife like Sun Ho of City Harvest Church?

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry, Christians family will bring their children to churches once they hit 1 years old, even child care (7-9 years old) belongs to the churches also. They are taught to die and contribute for their church. No need consent 1 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

They can bring their kids to Church and baptist them too, but they can't force them into the religion. They can only hope and pray that their children believe and accept the faith. Christianity is by choice. Anyone can walk out of it anytime he or she wishes. Only answerable to their omnipotent God.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

When they reach 21 they can convert to whatever religions they wish to believe in or none at all.

Only thing is they will be cndemm to hell from whatever the Pastor or parents said other than that they don't have to worry about being killed as in Islam or go to rehab school.

I was informed that they will not be condemned to hell. No true Christian, repeat, no true Christian wishes this upon another person. However if one embraces Islam, there can be no change of mind after. That's the fundamental difference.